Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to Tesla, they said my date could change etc. VIN have not been sent out yet, as they will do it in blanket but the messages for the TeslaVision has gone out. Confirmed China. And they changes are still pretty much all over the place. Once VINs are sent out, 4 weeks until pick up date.

Jan-Mar ‘23 still for me….here to hoping it improves!

Reactions: benb_ and Sanjiv
Me:
I've had the notification that the car will not be equipped with radar/ultrasonic sensors, and that I need to agree to this.

I'm guessing Tesla is unable to give any guidelines or commitments as to when the missing functionality will be reinstated?
Tesla:
Hi,

There unfortunately is no timeline as to when it will be as good as the sensors, but we are making this change because of the incremental improvements already achieved with Tesla Vision, and our roadmap of future Autopilot improvements and abilities, we are confident that this is the best strategy for the future of Autopilot and the safety of our customers.
Please find more information on the link below: Tesla Vision Update: Replacing Ultrasonic Sensors with Tesla Vision
Thank you!

[REDACTED], Tesla
Me:
Thanks. Does anyone in Tesla keep a track of complaints? Obviously it's not anything you can do anything about, but I'm pretty hacked off that this change has been made without TeslaVision being ready. If that could be logged or reported somewhere, I'd appreciate it.
What are my options if I want to delay my order until Tesla can define what "coming soon" means?
Tesla:
Hi,
Thank you for this info, I appreciate your understanding about this matter, the information we have on the website is what we also have visibility to. As we have thousands of vehicles to be delivered in the coming months, I imagine the software engineers are working on this as we are going forward, as there will be a lot of customers with the same concerns as you. At this moment in time this is all the information we can provide. In terms of delaying, you have the option to take delivery in Q1-January 2023-March 2023, but we cannot guarantee a match for your vehicle for this period. Please let me know how you wish to proceed further. Thank you!

[REDACTED], Tesla

From which I conclude "no, we don't keep track of complaints, because nobody is going to pay any attention."

Is anyone aware of any good reviews/comparisons of cars with/without radar and ultrasonics?

Reactions: JamiePP
Would Someone that has a VIN already and an iPhone mind trying to see if it shows on this link on the VIN checker
://linktr.ee/teslaupdate
You will need to put HTTPS before the above

It won’t let me paste the full link for some reason!

Mine shows no vin but I’m not sure if it’s the VIN checker I’m using