Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep odd phone call . Others had a similar call today?
I had a call from Holland yesterday although missed it so it went to voicemail

Got to admit I thought it was a scam the person leaving the message was pretty vague and babbling about sending a text message to complete pre-registration (no text message or follow up call arrived ) and calling the number back was unobtainable

If it was indeed Tesla then I’d be pretty shocked at how poor the communication was

Just assumed it was a vishing attempt

I had a call from Holland yesterday although missed it so it went to voicemail

Got to admit I thought it was a scam the person leaving the message was pretty vague and babbling about sending a text message to complete pre-registration (no text message or follow up call arrived ) and calling the number back was unobtainable

If it was indeed Tesla then I’d be pretty shocked at how poor the communication was

Just assumed it was a vishing attempt
More than likely a scam.:(

quite happy with it being delayed to late 22 here, I ordered it with that in mind as I have just started a new job and want to make sure it works out before saddling myself up with 70K's worth of car;)

Drove to Excel and back today, saw about 8 3's but no Y's on the drive. Parked next to a Red M3 performance in the car park and loved watching it go into sentry mode as I was farting around getting out of my car. .That eye on the screen gives me huge Portal vibes.. :)

• Funny
Reactions: busterboy
Hi all, first post 👍

Placed an order through my work eV scheme yesterday and my car is already showing as on order with the lease company (normally a lengthy process).

Gone for white on white, no other options.

First eV for us, previously had a Taycan on order, but for various reasons had to cancel and was priced out of a new order.

Went to see the Y at Tesla on Monday, was genuinely impressed, arguably I'd say I prefer it's looks over the 3, especially on the larger rims.

Large dog in the family, so the Y ultimately made sense anyway.

I've only ever driven the M3LR and P, went in open minded and left being quietly impressed On both occasions.

The acceleration is intoxicating.

My Tesla centre hinted at next year for the MYP (maybe sooner) and at that stage Tesla were saying August 22, so who knows lol

I'm assuming a Berlin build hence the confusion.

Anyways, looking forward to it 🙂

Welcome!
I waited just over two years for my 2019 Model 3 and it was most certainly worth it!
The car will flummox and exhilarate you (hopefully more of the latter than the former) and I suspect, like most of us here, you’ll never want to go back to an ICE again.

Also….. August 2022 is not looking likely, so I’d plan for end of the year at the earliest :)

Welcome!
I waited just over two years for my 2019 Model 3 and it was most certainly worth it!
The car will flummox and exhilarate you (hopefully more of the latter than the former) and I suspect, like most of us here, you’ll never want to go back to an ICE again.

Also….. August 2022 is not looking likely, so I’d plan for end of the year at the earliest :)
Thanks 👍

I'm 100% working on q1 23 tbf gives me time to recover financially (a little bit) from the pounding of the last 2 years.

Fortunately I did my "V8" thing just prior to Covid, so I ticked that box. Ready to embrace the future, be it elec, or hydrogen or both.

I'm sure it will infuriate me and it will take a bit of time to adjust to eV life.

My commute is all motorway (135 miles one way) so I'm not too worried about the ride being too firm and I'm not doing it every day anyway. I can charge no problem on the way home.

I'd originally ordered an I4 M50, but was ultimately put off by the lack of rear space and its inability to actually put its power down! Also early indications are its range might not be as great as forecast.

I'm shocked just how effortless the M3 delivered all that grunt, really impressive.

My commute is all motorway (135 miles one way)

I'll be interested to hear how you find that, compared to ICE (once you have the car :) )

My prediction is that it will make a dramatic difference. The lack of noise, particularly - and more especially if what you had before was noisy (for the times when you wanted noise of course :cool:), and AP doing the heavy lifting.

Changing from ICE to EV I found that the reduction in driver-workload on long / motorway drives was very significant.

Have you got charging at work? You aren't going to get a return trip 135 x 2 miles out of an MYP without topping up.

I'm shocked just how effortless the M3 delivered all that grunt, really impressive.

I originally had a Model-S Performance, now a bog standard MS (and M3 / MY as well, all non-P).

The MSP was unbelievable (and that was back in 2015). All the other non-P that I have driven (loaners, and the ones I have owned) all scrabble a bit. The MSP never did that - a launch at the lights on a roundabout ... taking the first left exit ... in the wet! ... never any drama. But other than that the MS drives like a barge; I've adapted though ... all that "Bend coming up, straight ahead, overtake opportunity, change down Vroom!Vroom! ... come round the bend, something coming, change back up" ... very tiring and stressful (never realised that at the time). Now? "Come round the bend, nothing coming? Floor it" :)

Tesla have the delivery of power well sorted ... they've been at it longer than the others so not surprised to hear you found it more usable than the others you tried.

But once I'd impressed all my friends I very rarely used the Performance ... with passengers it was just too brutal pulling out onto a roundabout into a short gap "because I could", if they weren't concentrating. And most of the Performance is in the 0-30~40. My MS, M3, MY have quite a lot of difference in 0-60 times but over 200M-ish from 40MPH the MS and M3 get to 90, and the MY to 86 ... basically nothing in it.

But when the MS-Plaid gets here I reckon I'll need (Need?!!) that :)

• Funny
Reactions: DeejUK
I'll be interested to hear how you find that, compared to ICE (once you have the car :) )

My prediction is that it will make a dramatic difference. The lack of noise, particularly - and more especially if what you had before was noisy (for the times when you wanted noise of course :cool:), and AP doing the heavy lifting.

Changing from ICE to EV I found that the reduction in driver-workload on long / motorway drives was very significant.

Have you got charging at work? You aren't going to get a return trip 135 x 2 miles out of an MYP without topping up.

I originally had a Model-S Performance, now a bog standard MS (and M3 / MY as well, all non-P).

The MSP was unbelievable (and that was back in 2015). All the other non-P that I have driven (loaners, and the ones I have owned) all scrabble a bit. The MSP never did that - a launch at the lights on a roundabout ... taking the first left exit ... in the wet! ... never any drama. But other than that the MS drives like a barge; I've adapted though ... all that "Bend coming up, straight ahead, overtake opportunity, change down Vroom!Vroom! ... come round the bend, something coming, change back up" ... very tiring and stressful (never realised that at the time). Now? "Come round the bend, nothing coming? Floor it" :)

Tesla have the delivery of power well sorted ... they've been at it longer than the others so not surprised to hear you found it more usable than the others you tried.

But once I'd impressed all my friends I very rarely used the Performance ... with passengers it was just too brutal pulling out onto a roundabout into a short gap "because I could", if they weren't concentrating. And most of the Performance is in the 0-30~40. My MS, M3, MY have quite a lot of difference in 0-60 times but over 200M-ish from 40MPH the MS and M3 get to 90, and the MY to 86 ... basically nothing in it.

But when the MS-Plaid gets here I reckon I'll need (Need?!!) that :)
Yes there are superchargers near work, but I planned to stop at rugby services or similar on the way home, we shall see how it goes.

I had to have the P, the LR plus boost wasn't an option, as its a big no no with the lease company.

I love the model S design (not so much the yoke) but the monthly cost was more than a nicely equipped Taycan 4s when they were available to order.