Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think you’re barking up the wrong tree here - my delivery centre was Staines. Still awaiting new EDD.
I suspect that you are correct.
Ships destined for UK from Shanghai dock at Southampton. Then cars are delivered to local collection hubs on vehicle transporters so I don't really think a change in collection centre makes any difference to the delivery date.
In any case, Staines is more convenient than Brent Cross for me so I might make the switch.

Was at Dartford this morning.
Three things of note;
All Y performance coming from Shanghai
Bug in system for some delivery dates that have slipped back - fix being worked on
They expect to ship up to double the numbers next quarter than previously done.
Also, Q4 global production/deliveries needs to be in 450K range for Tesla to meet their target of 50% YOY growth so I think they are firing on all cylinders (electric motors) to get as many vehicles delivered (Oct-Dec).

Reactions: AndyWarrington
BF7A7927-9177-4108-8A5E-27C978EFCAD5.jpeg

At the moment it's cash. He said it's best to just pick cash and change to finance when a VIN is assigned or close to pick up date.

I asked if they were going to be delivered this year though. I could hear him shrugging on the other end of the phone so who knows.
Odd they want you to make payment but can't tell when you when you'll get the product!
I wouldn't pay em feck all till at least I had a VIN etc!

Reactions: Sanjiv
Called Tesla this morning to change my collection centre back to Staines.
Tesla agent confirmed that RHD MYP are only coming from Shanghai and that we should expect VINs in the next few weeks. Deliveries are still expected in Dec.
I asked about the constantly changing EDDs and she said that we shouldn't rely on these because they are not accurate.