Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PHEW!

Screenshot_20221018-065311.png

Changed back this morning having fine to Jan 23 - Mar 23 like so many others.

Relieved to say the least...

:(

I don't see that on the website - assuming that you saw that on the 'Next Steps' page?

I'm tempted to see if I can defer until Tesla can figure out when they'll be able to un-gimp the car. It's a bit f***ing annoying waiting fourteen months for a car that was supposed to arrive six months ago, only for it to be missing fairly default features when it does eventually arrive. Why am I a Tesla customer again? If only the rest of the industry had caught up!

If they're so happy with Tesla Vision, remove the radar and ultrasonics after getting Tesla Vision to work. It's very simple, and the hubris of this company and disrespect for their customers is really getting on my nerves.

Last edited:

I don't see that on the website - assuming that you saw that on the 'Next Steps' page?

I'm tempted to see if I can defer until Tesla can figure out when they'll be able to un-gimp the car. It's a bit f***ing annoying waiting fourteen months for a car that was supposed to arrive six months ago, only for it to be missing fairly default features when it does eventually arrive. Why am I a Tesla customer again? If only the rest of the industry had caught up!

If they're so happy with Tesla Vision, remove the radar and ultrasonics after getting Tesla Vision to work. It's very simple, and the hubris of this company and disrespect for their customers is really getting on my nerves.
Not sure I'd be so brave, I mean I'm putting a lot of trust in this tech but I'm pretty sure Tesla won't want to be seen to knock cars out without suitable/enhanced and future proofed (obvs to a point) tech on it....

Reactions: DeejUK
I'm pretty sure Tesla won't want to be seen to knock cars out without suitable/enhanced and future proofed (obvs to a point) tech on it...
The thing is though, how many of Tesla's "coming soon" promises have been kept? Do you trust them to implement them in a reasonable time frame? Having seen how they've kept people that paid five-figure sums for FSD hanging on four many years, without the slightest hint of apology for the lack of delivered features, I can't imagine that Tesla will prioritise replacing our missing features. The problem is that they're now too successful for their own good - it doesn't matter how many times they mug us off, they'll get away with it because people will keep placing orders.

I've got a Model X sat on my drive that does have these features, and I can imagine myself getting annoyed every time I experience a regression of functionality in the Model Y. The MX also has free supercharging... Maybe I should just get a MCU upgrade, put up with the silly doors, miss out on the extra second off the 0-60 time, and save myself about twenty grand.

If I come across as narky, that's because I'm annoyed at Tesla, and not you @AndyWarrington :)

Yes - the app said Tesla was making changes to my order and I should login to my account to review (or words to that effect) and this message was front and centre when I clicked into my reservation on the website. Then EDD refreshed.