Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine has the standard MY and his has matrix headlights which do matrix headlight things. It also does the Tesla light show which writes 'Tesla' using the matrix headlights.
I’ve a YLR and the headlights don’t do anything with the matrix while driving. Although they are matrix lights, they are static. Actually the headlights generally are pretty rubbish.

Does anybody here have any idea how you order the physical key fob with your car? I emailed tesla about it, and they obviously ignored me, and also emailed to complain about lack of USS but they ignored that too. They expect me to throw £73k at them, but cant be arsed to even reply to an email so...looking forward to the inevitable phonecall when they try and chase me for final payment...
I was going to react to this with "funny", but figured that'd give off the wrong message. I sympathise with you Cliff, and can't help but laugh at the Tesla customer experience :)

Reactions: Durzel
Just a quick note to those who have ordered through a Leasing Company/Salary Sacrifice and can't get updates on their EDD/VIN...you're not alone and there are others that feel your pain!

I'm so used to an assigned Build Week and having maybe a 2 week tolerance for logistics (usually from Europe) that this whole Tesla experience is baffling/novel for all the wrong reasons.

I'm presently in a Mazda MX-5 so can only have x1 passenger and maybe x2 bags of shopping at a time. Here's to everything becoming clearer in the coming week or two so that I can start to plan for my first 'Big Shop' at Sainsburys for ~3yrs!

Reactions: sliyk
I had a call today that I had been matched to a vin. I declined and I’m on hold for a car next Q now. See how you all get on with no sensors!
How does that work - does declining in such a manner mean that your reservation (and the price you 'bought in at') is still valid? Or do you have to place an entirely new order?

I'm thinking of putting off an MYP purchase for a year or so. I dunno if I could delay Tesla for that long, or whether I'd need to cancel outright and place a totally new order. I'm a bit sad that I don't have a big new shiny thing to look forward to, even if I will save £20k.

How does that work - does declining in such a manner mean that your reservation (and the price you 'bought in at') is still valid? Or do you have to place an entirely new order?

I'm thinking of putting off an MYP purchase for a year or so. I dunno if I could delay Tesla for that long, or whether I'd need to cancel outright and place a totally new order. I'm a bit sad that I don't have a big new shiny thing to look forward to, even if I will save £20k.
They just unmatched me from the allocated vin. Order is still valid. Was told that I will be matched again in the next q. I’m hoping for a switch to Berlin so I can change to cherry red but I doubt that will be anytime soon.

See how others get on without sensors…. I’m still enjoying my YLR (with sensors)

Reactions: DeejUK
They just unmatched me from the allocated vin. Order is still valid. Was told that I will be matched again in the next q. I’m hoping for a switch to Berlin so I can change to cherry red but I doubt that will be anytime soon.

See how others get on without sensors…. I’m still enjoying my YLR (with sensors)
I read an article today that Berlin are now making the body casts for the structural battery packs - hang out long enough likely you'll get that too - maybe this time next year along with the colour?