Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooooo I thought I would pay my deposit off / PCP finance, as I got paid early and was planning to do it early (on the hope that it may prompt a delivery date)

As usual one step forward and one backward… the negative, the app told me to email proof of payment to [email protected] after payment. This email address bounced as being unmonitored and advised me to send it to [email protected] instead. not slick Tesla !

On the positive, within minutes of my payment being made the app updated and is it’s recognised the payment and reflected in my balance. I was going to ring in and double check they’ve received the payment blah blah blah but no need all done and dusted

Fingers crossed it now prompts the final delivery date 🫰

EDIT: I also sent two electronic payments (which for me is free)… saved me the money of a single CHAPS payment which my bank would have charged me £20.
Tesla recognised both payments and applied them to my account

Last edited:
Did you see a hidden VIN before this?
No still no hidden VIN. I asked them if I had been assigned a VIN and they said they had only just started the process so to expect one soon. Then 2 days after that my EDD gets pushed back… cheers Tesla lol 👍🏻

I’ve just picked up a brand new Mercedes EQC to tie me over whilst waiting and i’m getting more tempted to just cancel Tesla order now out of frustration.

No still no hidden VIN. I asked them if I had been assigned a VIN and they said they had only just started the process so to expect one soon. Then 2 days after that my EDD gets pushed back… cheers Tesla lol 👍🏻

I’ve just picked up a brand new Mercedes EQC to tie me over whilst waiting and i’m getting more tempted to just cancel Tesla order now out of frustration.
How do you like the Eqc?
Is it the premium plus ?
What sort of range are you getting?

Guessing no one has been invited to organise a collection date/time yet?
I've read previously IRO 2 weeks before the boat lands these messages are sent out which - if this is still the case - could well be Monday given the pace of GLOVIS SUMMIT. I can only think docking/unloading issues would prevent her arriving much sooner than the current ETA of 16th Nov

Reactions: Sanjiv and sliyk
I've read previously IRO 2 weeks before the boat lands these messages are sent out which - if this is still the case - could well be Monday given the pace of GLOVIS SUMMIT. I can only think docking/unloading issues would prevent her arriving much sooner than the current ETA of 16th Nov
Nothing yet… I was wondering if it would finalise as the Glovis Summit passes thru the Suez Canal and weather is more predictable - certainly looks like that ship got mid-late Nov dates and RCC Europe for December

Reactions: AndyWarrington
For anyone tracking ship movements - this is a great tracker Tesla Ship Tracker

I can’t believe I am now refreshing a map of a ship crossing the oceans - what has become of my life

GLOVIS SUMMIT has left Singapore (refuelling stop) and is due in Southampton around 15/16 Nov. 🛳️ 🚘
update:

How do you like the Eqc?
Is it the premium plus ?
What sort of range are you getting?
Went from Birmingham to York to Bradford back to Birmingham the weekend and the range was really annoying… first time in an EV so maybe my driving style needs to adapt but although it wasn’t that bad it did feel like journeys take 10x longer due to recharging and how slow they take. At one services I was there nearly an hour and gave up waiting for it to charge. Left with 133miles and 110miles remaining of journey.

You get around 200miles out of a full charge.

The car itself - amazing. Really nice inside, great to drive, really smooth and relaxing. Other than the range it was such a stress free drive.

Attachments

• 71FF9573-A10D-4026-9A3C-000AA3E5A54B.jpeg
    71FF9573-A10D-4026-9A3C-000AA3E5A54B.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 48
first time in an EV so maybe my driving style needs to adapt
Cool, welcome to the club, and sorry that your first EV experience wasn't better. I've never driven an ICE vehicle except in driving lessons, so I might not be the best judge, but when I'm in a car with my dad, I'm constantly surprised at how late he brakes, and why he accelerates towards queuing traffic/red lights. So without seeing your driving habits at all, I'd extrapolate from my old man's example and suggest that coasting to a stop to get the most out of the regenerative brakes might be the biggest change that'd benefit you.
You get around 200miles out of a full charge
Hmm... Not sure you're going to be much better off in your MYP? Hopefully Superchargers are faster than whatever you were using to charge the EQC, so that might go in your favour.

Reactions: Shirgman1