Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bristol, 26th November, red/black.

FWIW I am in a similar position with regards to the Ultra Sonic Sensors. Definitely angry they wont be on my new car, and I am coming from a 2015 S 85D, so it might feel like im losing functionality. I totally understand why someone might cancel and wait to see what happens...

BUT.

I do think, as an avid tesla obsessive, that the model Y is just a BIG step up from earlier S/X vehicles. The efficiency is WAY higher, the charge rate is massively higher. The build quality (no panel gaps!) is way better, and the computer in a new model Y is way better. I did pay for the MCU2 upgrade, and it was well worth it, but I did that maybe 2 years ago now, and feel I got my moneysworth from it. Its totally worth the money.

I'll also be losing free supercharge/connectivity, but TBH the actual yearly cost of these are trivial anyway next to a £73k new car...

I strongly get the impression that the only car tesla cares about right now is the model Y. The 3 is just not as profitable, and the S/X are relatively niche and will never scale much further. All the focus, all the tech, all the attention is lavished on the model Y. Its THE car to get, at least until cybertruck. My model S is still fab, but the range is not great, the charge speed not great, and the autopilot will never get any better. I bought in 2015, now feels the right time to upgrade.

I also think the Y is going to be insanely popular. One of the reasons I don't want to cancel now, and wait and see on the USS, is that I don't want to go to the back of the queue again. The removal of USS coincides with a camera upgrade. Maybe their replacement AI is even better? I'm sure there will be a ton of feedback here from people without USS. I have a pretty tight garage (at the back) so will be testing it to destruction :D

How come most of the dates (including mine) mentioned here are late November / early December? First date I was offered was 25/11 in Southampton…11 days after Glovis Summit ETA. Feels more like my car might be on a later ship, or does it really take this long?

D2596B8D-0727-4A0D-8B7D-E4B9411D408D.jpeg

Not sure if this is significant.
May suggest a price change or just a rate change.

I also got the "choose a slot" text today.

View attachment 869468

Sadly, this is where I think I get off the MYP bus :( MCU2 upgrade on the MX pencilled in for Thursday, so I've just texted and asked to defer.
I have a '68 MS P100D and I'm thinking about sticking with it. It's quicker, more features generally and I've already have the CCS upgrade and as it's a facelift, it has MCU2 so only thing I'd really miss is the heat pump and extra height... but the air suspension if great and the Ludicrous / Ludicrous+ Warp is crazy fun too plus it has USS and radar. The warranty runs out at the end of Jan but I can extend for 4 years for £3k... but the trade-in offered is £3k more than I paid for it and I still have the £3k discount locked in on the MYP... decisions, decisions...

Last edited:
Reactions: DeejUK
I have a MY LR already and have a MYP on order with estimated delivery date Nov-Dec. I've not had a trade in value on my MY LR yet.

I was really looking forward to getting a performance but I don't see how it's possible to drive safely without parking sensors. I am waiting for now to see what happens but most likely I will be looking to postpone until this is sorted out. If that's not an option, I will probably cancel my order. The MY is a big car. There is no visibility at the front and no POV camera to compensate.

I'm all for progress so if this can be replaced with vision, great but the USS should be there until that happens. I don't know how Tesla think this is acceptable, it's a totally insane proposal. Especially in the UK where parking spaces and manoeuvring is so tight.

I don't do that much driving at the moment but I've noticed a couple of situations lately where the winter sun completely obliterates the camera view for parking as well where I've ended up being totally dependent on the USS's.

I'm surprised that's it an acceptable situation for insurers as well as it's going to result in a lot of bumps and scrapes that would otherwise have been avoided.
I’m of the same view. YP order on hold. See what happens…

Bristol, 26th November, red/black.

FWIW I am in a similar position with regards to the Ultra Sonic Sensors. Definitely angry they wont be on my new car, and I am coming from a 2015 S 85D, so it might feel like im losing functionality. I totally understand why someone might cancel and wait to see what happens...

BUT.

I do think, as an avid tesla obsessive, that the model Y is just a BIG step up from earlier S/X vehicles. The efficiency is WAY higher, the charge rate is massively higher. The build quality (no panel gaps!) is way better, and the computer in a new model Y is way better. I did pay for the MCU2 upgrade, and it was well worth it, but I did that maybe 2 years ago now, and feel I got my moneysworth from it. Its totally worth the money.

I'll also be losing free supercharge/connectivity, but TBH the actual yearly cost of these are trivial anyway next to a £73k new car...

I strongly get the impression that the only car tesla cares about right now is the model Y. The 3 is just not as profitable, and the S/X are relatively niche and will never scale much further. All the focus, all the tech, all the attention is lavished on the model Y. Its THE car to get, at least until cybertruck. My model S is still fab, but the range is not great, the charge speed not great, and the autopilot will never get any better. I bought in 2015, now feels the right time to upgrade.

I also think the Y is going to be insanely popular. One of the reasons I don't want to cancel now, and wait and see on the USS, is that I don't want to go to the back of the queue again. The removal of USS coincides with a camera upgrade. Maybe their replacement AI is even better? I'm sure there will be a ton of feedback here from people without USS. I have a pretty tight garage (at the back) so will be testing it to destruction :D
I agree. I'm sure Tesla will come up with a Park Assist update in the near future, Its their most popular model. Surely the cameras will help out a little until a new update is available.

Reactions: crown62
Did you have anything showing in your Tesla account with it being a lease? My lease company passed my details to Tesla, I got an email to create an account but have nothing else beyond that. My account doesn't show anything either.
No, still nothing showing in my Tesla account (as expected). My lease company have always been behind in providing updates so it was a nice surprise to get my first SMS from Tesla. (I had called Tesla direct a few times for updates using the RN and they always promised I would get a flurry of texts at some point starting with this one).

No, still nothing showing in my Tesla account (as expected). My lease company have always been behind in providing updates so it was a nice surprise to get my first SMS from Tesla. (I had called Tesla direct a few times for updates using the RN and they always promised I would get a flurry of texts at some point starting with this one).
Did your lease provider give you an option for collection or delivery? Mine has always said that it'll be delivered, so not sure if i'll be getting these texts from Tesla.