Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too have an end of Dec EDD (although from my lease company). I can't check for a hidden VIN sadly, but from looking at the Shipping Movements, if it's 3-4 weeks from Hidden VIN to Delivery, it maybe looking like they are on the GRANDE HALIFAX which is due to arrive in Southampton on the 15th Dec!
Ooo maybe then :-D
Assuming your ship is Glovis Sun - it was around the same location when my VIN got assigned
I will be honest I don't have a clue which boat it will be on, were you able to query the inventory when yours was assigned?

Ooo maybe then :-D

I will be honest I don't have a clue which boat it will be on, were you able to query the inventory when yours was assigned?
No, some ships allow you to match a VIN onboard but its usually an guess based on your EDD, when the VIN gets assigned (usually just after the ship passes Singapore) and the arrival time of the ship in Southampton - track the ship here Tesla Ship Tracker - the 2022 Shipping Thread is useful and interesting

Reactions: daveface
Is anyone using ALD finance to lease their car on BCH? I've had 0 comms from them and no scheduled delivery date... Still 23-31 Dec window
I have but already had my delivery date before I sorted finance. The only thing is all my delivery info has been removed from the app as they are the registered keeper of the car. Apparently they do all the registration info and all you do is turn up show them your info on the phone and take the car.

Reactions: StalyVegasRED
Collected the wife’s today.

Found a few trim issues so inspect carefully. Allot of the exterior window trim doesn’t even properly colour match. 8 service requests already raised for trim, ppf and interior issues.

Hers is a 65 vin and has the old cameras (my god they are crap!) and seats.

Had 4 miles on clock and was at 52% charge for collection.

It’s rapid but not crazy quick but used to 650bhp so it was never going to feel crazy fast.

It’s a nice car but if honest neither of us blown away. Quality not in same league as allot of cars in similar price bracket.

However after a quick drive are seems to be a more compliant ride than the LR and allot less roll.

Glad we kept out EV6 GT order in and just hope this holds its value until Feb when that arrives.

Ravaged with flu at mo but look forward to a long spirited drive or 2 around local roads to see how its performance, brakes and handling really compares to her last SUV (macan gts).

Some pics of a white on white. Wasn’t sure about wheels but actually look nice in flesh.

56501B12-ADCD-4DD0-8995-ABB1EC21D683.jpeg

29C14CF5-9E53-4B84-B753-6B319C9B81F1.jpeg

DCB0C84E-D74A-42B0-9894-CC44DE2035E6.jpeg

Last edited:
used to 650bhp
What were you driving before, and in which way does the MYP not match up? I'm guessing that it's not off-the-line speed, unless you comparing to another electric or something very expensive? I've never driven an ICE outside of driving lessons, so I've really got no reference point and am quite ignorant of how fast traditional cars feel comparatively.

Collected the wife’s today.

Found a few trim issues so inspect carefully. Allot of the exterior window trim doesn’t even properly colour match. 8 service requests already raised for trim, ppf and interior issues.

Hers is a 65 vin and has the old cameras (my god they are crap!) and seats.

Had 4 miles on clock and was at 52% charge for collection.

It’s rapid but not crazy quick but used to 650bhp so it was never going to feel crazy fast.

It’s a nice car but if honest neither of us blown away. Quality not in same league as allot of cars in similar price bracket.

However after a quick drive are seems to be a more compliant ride than the LR and allot less roll.

Glad we kept out EV6 GT order in and just hope this holds its value until Feb when that arrives.

Ravaged with flu at mo but look forward to a long spirited drive or 2 around local roads to see how its performance, brakes and handling really compares to her last SUV (macan gts).

Some pics of a white on white. Wasn’t sure about wheels but actually look nice in flesh.

View attachment 877151

View attachment 877152
View attachment 877153
Does not sound too positive, are you gong to keep it or return it? Hows the comfort?

What were you driving before, and in which way does the MYP not match up? I'm guessing that it's not off-the-line speed, unless you comparing to another electric or something very expensive? I've never driven an ICE outside of driving lessons, so I've really got no reference point and am quite ignorant of how fast traditional cars feel comparatively.

Currently we also have an m6 tuned and an Emira any time soon (which will be slower than this).

But had a few Lotus V6s tuned, GT4s, high bhp 4wd turbo cars etc so comparatively doesn’t feel crazily rapid just as fast as those.

I am sure if I was coming from a standard 15bhp ICE car it would feel mind bendingly fast however.

It’s certainly quicker than 99% of stuff on the roads especially in this weather!

Although not in my wife’s hands it won’t be, although she has described it ‘nippy’ 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: DeejUK
Does not sound too positive, are you gong to keep it or return it? Hows the comfort?
Very comfy ride is excellent to be honest. Certain it had better / more complaint suspension than the LR we drove.

See how they respond to service request if they don’t sort trim then they have have it back as not having a £66k car with marked and mis matched trim.

It looked ok until I wiped it all down and did a proper inspection.

Shocking - must have stevie wonder on quality control ..
113527A3-B1C4-4A81-91AF-D3C77B6637BC.jpeg

Reactions: KingD
Very comfy ride is excellent to be honest. Certain it had better / more complaint suspension than the LR we drove.

See how they respond to service request if they don’t sort trim then they have have it back as not having a £66k car with marked and mis matched trim.

Shocking - must have stevie wonder on quality control ..View attachment 877181
Is yours a China built? Chinese had good reviews. Shame really!

Thanks for the photo. Definitely will look out for that tomorrow.

Thanks for the insight! Is it fair to say that those kind of cars accelerate faster than the MYP at overtaking speeds?
The 0-60 on the MYP is virtually identical to my current 3LR with acceleration boost. I don’t know if it has the same power curve but with mine you really feel a very powerful surge when overtaking, especially between 20-50mph.

Having said that I’m picking up a YLR next week & will then sell the Model 3. Adding acceleration boost to the Y will only equal the 0-60 of a non boosted 3LR which is by no means a slouch (when booking insurance for the Y they have added AB as a no cost note already so I expect to do it soon enough)

The 0-60 on the MYP is virtually identical to my current 3LR with acceleration boost. I don’t know if it has the same power curve but with mine you really feel a very powerful surge when overtaking, especially between 20-50mph.

Having said that I’m picking up a YLR next week & will then sell the Model 3. Adding acceleration boost to the Y will only equal the 0-60 of a non boosted 3LR which is by no means a slouch (when booking insurance for the Y they have added AB as a no cost note already so I expect to do it soon enough)
I wonder if MYP has a different motor? Seems bit mmmm paying extra £10k for breaks and alloys and nothing else to go with it tbh

Completely different colour!
What other issues have you found?

Also the osf and osr door look slightly off shade in your pic
08060FE1-FED6-49E4-84AF-E874BB70FA9E.jpeg

I wonder if MYP has a different motor? Seems bit mmmm paying extra £10k for breaks and alloys and nothing else to go with it tbh
As far as I’m aware the motors, batteries etc are the same for LR & P.

I would have enjoyed a P for either Model 3 or Y but I’m too old to want boy racers attempting to race the spoiler & brake callipers every time they see me. I’ve never been a flashy show-off type either so a more discreet LR+AB suits me just fine especially as I get more range with stealthy performance for where I need it (overtaking).

Reactions: DeejUK
Has a different rear motor and can verify a m6 pulls away in a rolling start. Tesla gets a jump and then starts to fall back quite quickly.

But off line myp quicker when I am not flu ridden will get the VBOX in it and get some times using data logging to see if it really does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and gets some 20-60 times etc.