Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I’m aware the motors, batteries etc are the same for LR & P.

I would have enjoyed a P for either Model 3 or Y but I’m too old to want boy racers attempting to race the spoiler & brake callipers every time they see me. I’ve never been a flashy show-off type either so a more discreet LR+AB suits me just fine especially as I get more range with stealthy performance for where I need it (overtaking).
Has a different rear motor and can verify a m6 pulls away in a rolling start. Tesla gets a jump and then starts to fall back quite quickly.

But off line myp quicker when I am not flu ridden will get the VBOX in it and get some times using data logging to see if it really does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and gets some 20-60 times etc.

Thanks for this both. I ordered the LR but after seeing the alloys I want the MP which I’ve now ordered. Lucky to find stock.

I found with LR when slowing down the breaks struggled, when coming out fast if a roundabout it didn’t feel like it held well like a roll.

I’m paying the new price so it’s £10k extra for me. Actually £9k. Can’t actually test drive one yet because non available, I hope I find it worth the £9k.

Thinking about price and not driving it feels like it’s missing one thing to me performance. Like maybe a bucket seat to hold you in position, adaptive suspension for when not driving crazy.

Does it have comfort option to adjust the suspension when my mum drives it?

Completely different colour!
What other issues have you found?

Also the osf and osr door look slightly off shade in your pic
To be fair it’s a perfect match in flesh that’s a camera lighting issue.

We spent 45 minutes inspecting exterior. Take a few drying towel in this weather that’s for sure.

The paint seems to be flawless not a swirl on it. Will get it in garage after a clean to verify.

Unlike a black LR there noted a run (as I was inspecting their window trim).

All the exterior trim however is mis matched if you look really closely. Noticed it on 3 other cars there also (in gave ups looking after 3. The trim along top of top of windows is a different shade of plastic to the rear trim.

Also found some marks on interior trim and other exteior trim. Example passenger wing mirror scratch on black trim the vertical line is a scratch down to white in places the white dots above cleaned off ..
0E4F7557-CDB0-400F-A415-CFE572D1620D.jpeg

To be fair it’s a perfect match in flesh that’s a camera lighting issue.

We spent 45 minutes inspecting exterior. Take a few drying towel in this weather that’s for sure.

The paint seems to be flawless not a swirl on it. Will get it in garage after a clean to verify.

Unlike a black LR there noted a run (as I was inspecting their window trim).

All the exterior trim however is mis matched if you look really closely. Noticed it on 3 other cars there also (in gave ups looking after 3. The trim along top of top of windows is a different shade of plastic to the rear trim.

Also found some marks on interior trim and other exteior trim. Example passenger wing mirror scratch on black trim the vertical line is a scratch down to white in places the white dots above cleaned off ..View attachment 877199
This weather isn’t the best for buying cars.
A light sprinkle of rain can cover a lot of imperfections .

Does not sound too positive, are you gong to keep it or return it? Hows the comfort?
We’ll see how they deal with the service request only plan to keep until Feb anyway as the EV6 GT I really wanted tor the wife arrives then. Looks allot cooler to my eye and as quick if not quicker for when I use it.

We ordered this day 1 and the GT was only offered up this May but knew that would be 3-6 months after this hence keep YP order in.

I am really really picky paint use and just been out again with led torch as night is a great time under a bring light to spot paint issues and it’s flawless. Probably one of the best new car paint jobs I’ve seen. Different league to my paint to sample Porsche was that required days of paint corrrection.

Shame the trim isn’t as good.

We’ll see how they deal with the service request only plan to keep until Feb anyway as the EV6 GT I really wanted tor the wife arrives then. Looks allot cooler to my eye and as quick if not quicker for when I use it.

We ordered this day 1 and the GT was only offered up this May but knew that would be 3-6 months after this hence keep YP order in.

I am really really picky paint use and just been out again with led torch as night is a great time under a bring light to spot paint issues and it’s flawless. Probably one of the best new car paint jobs I’ve seen. Different league to my paint to sample Porsche was that required days of paint corrrection.

Shame the trim isn’t as good.
I know there were several people avoiding the white due to the variations in colour between the metal and plastic components. Would you say that they have sorted this out now?

Just curious as I have ordered the same as you.

I know there were several people avoiding the white due to the variations in colour between the metal and plastic components. Would you say that they have sorted this out now?

Just curious as I have ordered the same as you.
The paint is perfect I’ve been over all panels again tonight with a bright led (good to check panel matches and swirls) and it’s all matching perfectly with no runs and virtually 0 swirls etc.

Id looked over a few other MYs blacks were really bad for peel / very swirled. My wife thought I was mental spending 45 mins going over every panel and bit of trim but I was aware if Tesla paint rep from these forums.

One I noted as I was checking how bad our trim was compared to others had a run about 2mm by 4mm. Also some dirt under paint. So it you have a black really reallly inspect the panels in dry and bright light.

Wife’s just taken kids out for a very quick spin and they said the initial take off ‘it’s like a roller coaster’ The youngest one likened it to rock n roll roller coaster at Disney 🤣

Looking at a video they took it’s the 0-30
That’s impressive in the damp (really impressive).

Collected the wife’s today.

Found a few trim issues so inspect carefully. Allot of the exterior window trim doesn’t even properly colour match. 8 service requests already raised for trim, ppf and interior issues.

Hers is a 65 vin and has the old cameras (my god they are crap!) and seats.

Had 4 miles on clock and was at 52% charge for collection.

It’s rapid but not crazy quick but used to 650bhp so it was never going to feel crazy fast.

It’s a nice car but if honest neither of us blown away. Quality not in same league as allot of cars in similar price bracket.

However after a quick drive are seems to be a more compliant ride than the LR and allot less roll.

Glad we kept out EV6 GT order in and just hope this holds its value until Feb when that arrives.

Ravaged with flu at mo but look forward to a long spirited drive or 2 around local roads to see how its performance, brakes and handling really compares to her last SUV (macan gts).

Some pics of a white on white. Wasn’t sure about wheels but actually look nice in flesh.

View attachment 877151

View attachment 877152
View attachment 877153
Thanks - I’m getting the same delivered on Tuesday. What were the internal issues?

Thanks - I’m getting the same delivered on Tuesday. What were the internal issues?
Marks / scratches on trim all minor to be fair but all shouldn’t be there on a new 66k car.

If I am feeling better will start Gtechniqing interior tomorrow to see if that throws up anything else.

I’d pay close attention to door panels as that’s where bulk of our marks seem to be. 3 cleaned off 1 needs a new panel.

Reactions: ShipsnGiggles
Marks / scratches on trim all minor to be fair but all shouldn’t be there on a new 66k car.

If I am feeling better will start Gtechniqing interior tomorrow to see if that throws up anything else.

I’d pay close attention to door panels as that’s where bulk of our marks seem to be. 3 cleaned off 1 needs a new panel.
Are the marks from poor materials (easy to mark) or accidentally scratching when fitting

We talk about quality control for 66k but a powerful SUV nowadays is well over 100k I know it's no excuse but companies like Land Rover have had many more years to perfect their vehicles but still struggle. I watched one of Urban Automotive's YouTube videos the other day, they had a brand new Range Rover worth over 150k and said the panel gaps and quality control was poor! They had issues closing the doors too!

We talk about quality control for 66k but a powerful SUV nowadays is well over 100k I know it's no excuse but companies like Land Rover have had many more years to perfect their vehicles but still struggle. I watched one of Urban Automotive's YouTube videos the other day, they had a brand new Range Rover worth over 150k and said the panel gaps and quality control was poor! They had issues closing the doors too!
My mum had a new rr evoque last month think it’s was about £55k top spec p300e. She didn’t buy it mind nhs salary sacrifice ~300 a month all Inc.

Went over it with a fine tooth comb and didn’t find a single issue. I was amazed as also head same about RR.

Much better fit and finish overall tbh.

Reactions: Gone2Electric