Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received the 'Your Model Y arrival date is being calculated' bla bla text, EDD is still a month away, could be a good sign that the delivery dates are being pulled forward?
Had the same text at lunchtime.

Called them and they gave me a VIN and said I was matched to a car. No vin showing via the link or plug in others posted yesterday, checked 3 times today and just now again.

My date has slipped a bit recently to EDD of 23rd to 31st December - the guy did say (not sure how he knows) its slightly delayed expect to collect 28th to 30th of December.
I was originally Bluewater pick up and it got moved to Staines and they will not change that despite my best attempts to reason.

Had the same text at lunchtime.

Called them and they gave me a VIN and said I was matched to a car. No vin showing via the link or plug in others posted yesterday, checked 3 times today and just now again.

My date has slipped a bit recently to EDD of 23rd to 31st December - the guy did say (not sure how he knows) its slightly delayed expect to collect 28th to 30th of December.
I was originally Bluewater pick up and it got moved to Staines and they will not change that despite my best attempts to reason.
I'd expect your hidden VIN to show as the ship leaves Shanghai and passes around Singapore - so around 4 weeks before delivery - that was consistent with both my Y and 3 order. It will show in the app around 2 weeks before delivery once your pickup has been scheduled and your regulate has been assigned

Reactions: Jobr1850
Just spoke with the lease co and they say it can take Tesla up to 48 hours to register the car so it shows in my app. At that point I'll be able to get the 1 month free premium connectivity.

No issues that I've spotted so far. It was raining heavily when it was delivered and it arrived quite dirty. Only managed to check for any obvious dents / scuffs as it was impossible to give it a thorough check in that condition. Will give it another inspection as soon as it's dry and bright.

I've not taken any pictures of it yet - need to give it a decent wash and wax first! I think it's fair to say they definitely look better in the flesh. Especially in grey, they don't seem to photograph particularly well.

Just spoke with the lease co and they say it can take Tesla up to 48 hours to register the car so it shows in my app. At that point I'll be able to get the 1 month free premium connectivity.

No issues that I've spotted so far. It was raining heavily when it was delivered and it arrived quite dirty. Only managed to check for any obvious dents / scuffs as it was impossible to give it a thorough check in that condition. Will give it another inspection as soon as it's dry and bright.

I've not taken any pictures of it yet - need to give it a decent wash and wax first! I think it's fair to say they definitely look better in the flesh. Especially in grey, they don't seem to photograph particularly well.
How did the communications work with yours being a lease? My lease company have told me it's due end of Dec. I've got an RN number, they passed my details over to Tesla but that's it. I've got the app but nothing shows about the RN in there. Did you just suddenly get a text from Tesla or did your lease company inform you of anything?

Just swapped my order to an existing inventory car with the same spec. They honoured my £2k cheaper locked in price. EDD was 24th-31 December, now 28th November at Trafford centre. Black/white MYP.
for those swapping for inventory stock....is it possible that the ones arriving end of year might have the extended rear seats and 5MP camera's? Just a thought but that would defo be worth a few weeks wait IMO

Reactions: Jobr1850
for those swapping for inventory stock....is it possible that the ones arriving end of year might have the extended rear seats and 5MP camera's? Just a thought but that would defo be worth a few weeks wait IMO
On the flip side demand in China has skyrocketed. There is a chance orders could be pushed back again and again as we have already seen.

I have a question, well 2 actually...

1. What is RCC Europe doing? It has been sitting around for a day or so and has been driving me insane! I'm sure mine is on there!
2. With my collection day being this Saturday, I am gutted to have not received a webinar with Tesla on what to expect when receiving your car, like some others have had when they collected theirs last week.

Anyway, rant over, back to refreshing every 5 minutes... 😂
Hmm - pick up on Saturday also and no webinar invite. Should I care? Does everyone get a webinar invite?

Just received the 'Your Model Y arrival date is being calculated' bla bla text, EDD is still a month away, could be a good sign that the delivery dates are being pulled forward?
I got the same message… i messaged back saying i’ve already confirm collection Manchester or is this something different and they replied and said: ‘’Good evening Doug, don't worry - I can see everything in your account is complete. You've been assigned a vehicle now and we'll be in touch shortly to arrange a collection date and time’’

I believe its on the Grande Halifax ship… someone on shipping forum got same message and they were told to expect 28th-30th… 😩

How did the communications work with yours being a lease? My lease company have told me it's due end of Dec. I've got an RN number, they passed my details over to Tesla but that's it. I've got the app but nothing shows about the RN in there. Did you just suddenly get a text from Tesla or did your lease company inform you of anything?
I placed the order via the lease co. Once all the paperwork was signed I received a text from Tesla with my RN number. Then 10 months of nothing, then a flurry of texts from Tesla confirming delivery date & reg 2 weeks before delivery.

The lease co always said Tesla would contact me directly with updates and they wouldn’t get any additional info from Tesla.

On delivery day I got a text from anyvan with a time slot. After signing the delivery driver’s tablet I received an email from Tesla about an hour later to sign their delivery acceptance form. I believe that starts the process of registering the car to my app.

I’ve had nothing showing in the app since day one so it’ll be nice to see it come to life.

Just been out for a quick blast in the dark. Feels swift! Only thing I changed was to turn off auto high beam as it was blinding all the pedestrians. Not too keen on the new car smell inside, shame they don’t spray an air freshener to cover the plastic/pleather smell as they’re unloaded at the docks.

Reactions: HARESTOCK09
I have a question, well 2 actually...

1. What is RCC Europe doing? It has been sitting around for a day or so and has been driving me insane! I'm sure mine is on there!
2. With my collection day being this Saturday, I am gutted to have not received a webinar with Tesla on what to expect when receiving your car, like some others have had when they collected theirs last week.

Anyway, rant over, back to refreshing every 5 minutes... 😂
Your car is probably not on RCC Europe if your car is being delivered/collected on Saturday.

It was most likely on previous ships like Glovis Summit or Grande Abidjan.

My collection is also Saturday and not heard anything about delays.