Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding to the MYP insurance quotes here's mine: 38 yrs old, 9+ yrs driving, 8 yrs no claims and £250 excess. 20,000 miles a year for £1000 from Directline. That's £100 more than my Model Y LR and when I had my Model 3 Performance. I live in the country side of Scotland.

What's everyone going for with Winter Tyres?
I've spent a long time looking around. £1600-1900 for different options. 35 profile is pretty expensive, so I've stepped up to 40.
£1078 for 4 x Michelin Pilot Alpin 5, from ATS:
Front - 255/40/21 Rear - 275/40/21
I pick up the car 9am 22nd Dec from Glasgow, then down to ATS at 9:30 to swap the tyres.
Will be interested to see how you get on and what the ride is like. I normally always run winters, usually on a 2nd set of wheels. As I’m leasing through Octopus (salary sacrifice) it’s on a maintenance package which includes tyres but I’d need to buy winter tyres myself 😒

some other feedback from the new MYP experience… (sorry it was my birthday weekend so between celebrating, picking the car up and getting it fixed I’ve been manic)

I really hope TeslaVision comes soon. It really is a difficult car to park as the front of the car is invisible due to bonnet drop off and the rear visibility is no existent.

Whilst the cameras are adequate it really need the proximity aid to be certain. Hopefully it won’t be too long until the Teslavision update arrives
I note the door glass in this article has broken in exactly the same place:

D740724D-5A99-4BC6-B6B6-3D12D2A6E489.jpeg
AFD92FEB-3BBF-4A22-9ED1-F0020C917955.jpeg
C8BBF7AA-4A5C-4015-ADAA-E2220C94DA82.jpeg

Some pics at last

I have gap and alloy with ala and have recently had a wheel refurb through them which was a faultless process so would recommend
I am about to take delivery of a salary sacrifice MYP for 3 years. I am wondering whether this ALA alloy insurance is worth it. Considering the alloys poke out quite a bit and the tyre itself does not provide much cover so its about when not if they will be scratched.

Will be interested to see how you get on and what the ride is like. I normally always run winters, usually on a 2nd set of wheels. As I’m leasing through Octopus (salary sacrifice) it’s on a maintenance package which includes tyres but I’d need to buy winter tyres myself 😒
Well they cancelled saying none in stock. They like to take the money first though :rolleyes:
I've had to go for Continental Winter Contact TS860 S:
Front 265/40/21 (many say 265/40 fit under the front arm, but we will see, depends on tyre)
Rear 275/40/21
£1400

Did you go with ala? How many times have you used them? I'm wondering how does this type of insurance work, do you take it to them over every simple scratch or wait for loads to develop and take it once a year.

Yes ALA. Used just the once. You have 4 claims a year. T&cs state you need to claim with in 30 days of the damage. When you take up the insurance you have to provide a bunch of Photos for your wheels undamaged (so they know the wheels weren't damaged prior to taking insurance). Claim requires photos of damage. Turnaround was quick - my wheel was repaired around 10 days after submitting claim

Reactions: sliyk
Ala are saying this about the alloy

Vehicles with a non-standard or custom pain finish
(including but not limited to matte finishes,
chrome illusion, two tone or self-healing paint).

Performance alloys are Matt 😠
Ala are saying this about the alloy

Vehicles with a non-standard or custom pain finish
(including but not limited to matte finishes,
chrome illusion, two tone or self-healing paint).

Performance alloys are Matt 😠

M3p are turbines (are they that much different?). And it was a smart fix as it was quite a small scrape. Match was perfect

Think i have derailed this thread enough

Interesting.

Quoted through go compare and I've got £1150 with Admiral with 8 years NCB and £750 excess. Quite a big gap there your £700, must be some other details significantly impacting it.
I went direct rather than via a comparison site. I’m an old git (41!), I.T company director as occupation, 8k miles a year, low crime area, parked on driveway at night + my wife as a named driver. Not sure if me previously having high powered expensive cars and not binning them has any impact on their risk weighting. I usually shop around each year so I’m not a loyal customer. Probably doesn’t take much for them to quote another £450 for slightly different circumstances. Depending on your occupation have you tried the MSE tool to see if using another (but still valid) job title makes a difference?

I went direct rather than via a comparison site. I’m an old git (41!), I.T company director as occupation, 8k miles a year, low crime area, parked on driveway at night + my wife as a named driver. Not sure if me previously having high powered expensive cars and not binning them has any impact on their risk weighting. I usually shop around each year so I’m not a loyal customer. Probably doesn’t take much for them to quote another £450 for slightly different circumstances. Depending on your occupation have you tried the MSE tool to see if using another (but still valid) job title makes a difference?
I'm 33, a web developer but also director of an ecommerce company. Never heard of the MSE tool but will definitely check it out!

I added my wife too which dropped it a bit. Might have to play around and try them directly too! Cheers