Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t wait for my MYP to arrive and have been keeping an eye on the tracker. Does anyone know if the estimated arrival data is pushed out while it travels through Suez? Grande Halifax due in Southampton on 21 Dec now which means it won’t be coming to me that day 😣 Hoping the date comes back in once it clears Suez.

I'm looking at a couple of accessories, keen to hear if anyone has any experience/thoughts on these?

This is for our Red/Black MYP, think the fog light trim and splitter will really pop on the red.

Got my date to pick up on 22/12 but need to get company car insurance. Any advice or recommendation for any companies to insure via a LTD company? The personal insurance that came out from directline was £1500....! 8+ years NCB no convistions and only 5k miles... what the,,,,!

Got my date to pick up on 22/12 but need to get company car insurance. Any advice or recommendation for any companies to insure via a LTD company? The personal insurance that came out from directline was £1500....! 8+ years NCB no convistions and only 5k miles... what the,,,,!
Try Novo insurance Home | Novo Insurance | Tesla | Sports | Electric | Incident Management

Excellent comms etc, and when I has had extensive hail damage the other year the place the asked my to take it to for repairs was amazing and had a porsche taycan waiting for me as a courtesy car.

Probably find cheaper, but excellent value for money imo

I have a few M3's insured with them, and should receive my MYP quote early next week....I'll let you know how much it is

I went with Churchill, £880 with 9+ NCD, 10k miles and 1 additional named driver.
Make sure you tick all the tracker/alarm/dashcam boxes as this is all standard on our cars.

Insurance companies are having a laugh with these myp quotes.

Is it a lease through a Ltd company or did you buy it? Mine is a lease through my company and when looking at personal insurance quotes most insurers aren't interest because it's a business lease and your not the owner or registered keeper. I've got a quote for £1200 with 7 years ncb and both my wife and dad (with 6 points) on the insurance.

I looked at getting an insurance policy through the company rather than a personal policy, but all the people I spoke to said you'd be looking at £1200 regardless of who was being insured etc.

No I didn't think to have a look via sentry.
I didn't ask, It went in on a Monday around 10am and I collected it the following Monday at the same time.

Has yours been done yet?

Not finished yet.
Was originally told Thursday but now collecting tomorrow.

I have decided to keep the badges off for now and see if I like the debaged look.
If not I will fit the black set I have waiting.

I’m leasing via my Ltd company. Insured with Admiral online, just needed to put the lease company as the registered owner and have full business use cover (a term of the lease policy). Adding full business cover only increased the price by £60, but it removed the ‘drive other cars’ cover you usually get on standard policies. Policy was £700, £500 excess with 13 years protected NCD.

I’m leasing via my Ltd company. Insured with Admiral online, just needed to put the lease company as the registered owner and have full business use cover (a term of the lease policy). Adding full business cover only increased the price by £60, but it removed the ‘drive other cars’ cover you usually get on standard policies. Policy was £700, £500 excess with 13 years protected NCD.
Interesting.

Quoted through go compare and I've got £1150 with Admiral with 8 years NCB and £750 excess. Quite a big gap there your £700, must be some other details significantly impacting it.

Adding to the MYP insurance quotes here's mine: 38 yrs old, 9+ yrs driving, 8 yrs no claims and £250 excess. 20,000 miles a year for £1000 from Directline. That's £100 more than my Model Y LR and when I had my Model 3 Performance. I live in the country side of Scotland.

What's everyone going for with Winter Tyres?
I've spent a long time looking around. £1600-1900 for different options. 35 profile is pretty expensive, so I've stepped up to 40.
£1078 for 4 x Michelin Pilot Alpin 5, from ATS:
Front - 255/40/21 Rear - 275/40/21
I pick up the car 9am 22nd Dec from Glasgow, then down to ATS at 9:30 to swap the tyres.