Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could anyone who has got their car through a lease explain the process of adding their car to the app. I have been told that you have to wait for the lease company to move the car over to your account but how do you charge it at a SC until that happens? Do you just pay through the screen in the car?

Could anyone who has got their car through a lease explain the process of adding their car to the app. I have been told that you have to wait for the lease company to move the car over to your account but how do you charge it at a SC until that happens? Do you just pay through the screen in the car?
I think you may be able to supercharge once. After which you'll need to pay the balance through your tesla account and you'll need to have the app set up for that and any future charging

The MYP comes with its own mats. Just curious why people are getting aftermarket mats?
In my case I thought they came with the plastic moulded type with I do not like, so I ordered some others with a red trim and heel pad (for drivers mat)
I quite liked the OEM's when it arrived to be fair, but I've now 2 sets so can swap once one gets 💩'y

I'm still on the look out for a flexible boot liner at a decent price (pref UK sourced)

Reactions: sliyk
In my case I thought they came with the plastic moulded type with I do not like, so I ordered some others with a red trim and heel pad (for drivers mat)
I quite liked the OEM's when it arrived to be fair, but I've now 2 sets so can swap once one gets 💩'y

I'm still on the look out for a flexible boot liner at a decent price (pref UK sourced)
Thats what i mean as well. My M3P came with quite nice carpet mats that I never felt the need to replace.

Reactions: MrBristow
Hey all,

Anyone feels nervous driving the P? or not one with the car yet?

I've driven lots of cars and never been nervous. Ford Transit's, Luton Vans, BMW M3's BMW m'4.

I am struggling with the agility of the car, it does not feel as agile I think its because the suspension does not feel as sporty and i get thrown around when going fast around a bend. Its this OR there are 21inch alloys and I feel nervous when driving and there is a pot hole.

I dont know. I am not one with the car yet, I usually become one with the car after 10-15 minutes. But most car's i've driven is BMW. Also the steering wheel feels hard when in Comfort mode, my van was deffo lighter...or is there something wrong with my wheel?

Looking forward to your thoughts, and please let me know what you have driven!

Not sure if anyone read this comment, when driving in Creep mode I find the car so much better.

Regarding my wheel tracking/ wheel balancing, how do I know if its off? I'm finding I can feel every bump in the road, I am unsure if its because I'm driving with 21inch alloys. Even on a smooth stretch on the M25, its like I can feel every piece of the tar even when its smooth.

I've had 19 / 20s before.

Is anyone getting a key fob? Tempted for ease of boot opening and a backup for when phone doesn't work/forgot /lost. I don't really carry a wallet these days so the card key doesn't really suit me
I was planning too as I don have a wallet either. I just went out with my iPhone only and worked fine. I may should the iPhone ever fail, so far so good. Musk met with Tim Cook the other day, I hope they Tesla will use Apple's NFC for Car Key like BMW's. This worked fine for me.

Reactions: jimbobitaliano
Is anyone getting a key fob? Tempted for ease of boot opening and a backup for when phone doesn't work/forgot /lost. I don't really carry a wallet these days so the card key doesn't really suit me
Yep. Will most certainly get two as typically if the Mrs and I go out, whoever is driving takes "their keys" but we both take our phones so it avoids the "whose phone is dominent" when both approaching the car and removing the possibility of the wrong profile being selected.

Reactions: jimbobitaliano
Not sure if anyone read this comment, when driving in Creep mode I find the car so much better.

Regarding my wheel tracking/ wheel balancing, how do I know if its off? I'm finding I can feel every bump in the road, I am unsure if its because I'm driving with 21inch alloys. Even on a smooth stretch on the M25, its like I can feel every piece of the tar even when its smooth.

I've had 19 / 20s before.
I previously owned one of the first UK MYLR's yet my P's suspension is defintely better despite it being lower & having bigger wheels, know what you mean about feeling every bump but then it is meant to be a performance model so I guess it's par for the course.

N.B. The missus has a Jaguar iPace with 20" wheels (with high profile 'SUV' tyres) with a much softer experience all round, that said I've heard the optional 22" alloys give the Jag a far firmer ride.

Either way I'm happy with my MYP and like the quick steering even if it feels a bit more like a giant 'gadget' at times rather than a car in the conventional sense...