Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up from Southampton today (got there early) and was seen almost straight away. Took me to my car and got my phone key working then left me to it (which I'm far less fussed about than others). It had rained the night before so inspecting paintwork was a nightmare, and sure enough having 'air dried' it on the M3 I've found two chips on the bonnet. It's a pain, but all sorted with an appointment to get it done at a service centre very efficiently. What does infuriate me is that the 'clean' of the car was obviously poor, with swirly cloudy marks on one side and product left in spots, plus, given lots of people seem to experience the need for repairs for scratches and marks, how is it so hard for Tesla to treat their cars more carefully?

As for the MYP, love it. The speed and handling feel spot on when comparing it to other sporty 4x4's I've had (Macan, Velar). Didn't have an issue with the ride at all. And thank god for Apple Music. Tesla - please learn the art of touchiness cleaning!

For the folks who already collected, how early did you arrive (if you did)? My appointment is tomorrow at 5pm (was originally at 9am but got the dreaded text last night), and want to try my luck at arriving early so want to gauge how early I can be? Also how long does the new update take to install?
I arrived 50 min early and that was fine. Update took about 20 min or so.

For the folks who already collected, how early did you arrive (if you did)? My appointment is tomorrow at 5pm (was originally at 9am but got the dreaded text last night), and want to try my luck at arriving early so want to gauge how early I can be? Also how long does the new update take to install?
I got to Southampton 20 mins early because of how the trains worked out, and they got me sorted straight away

Great to see so many getting their cars , however it seems the poor car prep is a common issue and disappointing regardless of collection location. Also to hear of paint chips and badly curbed wheels. I picked mine up from Bluewater nearly a month ago now. Really pleased . Mine was faultless with no body or wheel problems, I did see a couple of cars with bad curbing, one even had poor touch up pen used to try and hide it , so do check your wheels when collecting!
I’m so missing the lack of sensors though, the camera Update can’t come soon enough! Didn’t think it would bother me but it’s starting to now 😡

oh and as someone was asking , my v5 turned up in 5 days. That was a few weeks back. Things not so good now with the Royal Mail , it will probably get chucked in a huge bin with the rest of the Christmas post !! Then might turn up in the new year !

Last edited:
I was two hours early at Staines today.
Apologised and guy said no issue, we want people early.

Requested a wheel balancing appointment at Stratford upon Avon service centre. Also found some dirt trapped behind the PPF film on the rear right door that just refuses to come out.

Attachments

• PXL_20221221_222139365.jpg
    PXL_20221221_222139365.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 65
C0A742E5-5726-4F9F-9122-34C045163A7D.jpeg

Arrived yesterday and pretty happy so far after a few short drives. First time driving an electric car and already at one with the one pedal driving. It’s faster than I expected. Thought my mapped Golf R was fast!

One thing I hate are the front headrests, they’re really not comfortable. I want to move it back a few inches but obviously can’t. Anyone else find them uncomfortable?

After a 9 hour round trip I managed to get my originally allocated vehicle from Bristol.

I noticed, as others have mentioned, vibration / feedback when driving above 60 or so. Has anyone else whose experienced this found a resolution? I've seen some people mentioned whele balancing, did that fix the issue?

After a 9 hour round trip I managed to get my originally allocated vehicle from Bristol.

I noticed, as others have mentioned, vibration / feedback when driving above 60 or so. Has anyone else whose experienced this found a resolution? I've seen some people mentioned whele balancing, did that fix the issue?
Funny you should mention this, I picked mine up from Bristol yesterday too. And low and behold I have the same thing around 60-70 I’m getting a vibration! As you say I’m hoping it’s poor balancing on the wheels.

I guess the resolution is either book a service or go somewhere trusted and pay to get the balancing looked at 🤷‍♂️

As I said in my other post, collected my MYP yesterday from Bristol overall really pleased with it!! Need to give it a proper wash today as prep was as quick (crap) as I expected it to be! But I took two quick snaps on collection….

Attachments

• 6674FF00-3F90-4BEC-9BDE-EC1BC0D52ADE.jpeg
    6674FF00-3F90-4BEC-9BDE-EC1BC0D52ADE.jpeg
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 47E4DC14-0BEE-471E-8DCE-64C82F1187C2.jpeg
    47E4DC14-0BEE-471E-8DCE-64C82F1187C2.jpeg
    773.1 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Sanjiv and DaveW
Picked up at 8am this morning, was supposed to be 9am but took a chance.
The build quality is great!!! Had a 2019 Model 3 Performance and 2022 Model Y LR before and this is either a step up or luck of the draw.
Only issue is a badly scratched drivers door card (pictured) - 7 Miles on the clock. Could only be a tiny bit happier 🥳View attachment 887798View attachment 887796View attachment 887795
Looks lovely! I pick my identical car up later today! I hope my numberplate is as blurry as yours for the speed cameras ;)