Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this was discussed before but I couldn't find a definitive answer. Has anyone gone ahead and insured their alloys? Those things are sticking out of the tyres and begging to be scratched and it is only a matter of time.

Advice welcome regarding who did you go with?
Have got a set of Alloygators to fit on the wheels. Hoping they will do the trick and protect the rims. Now just need Tesla to get the replacement one in for the wheel that was scuffed on arrival. 🤣
Anyone got any experience of Alloygators?

Reactions: sliyk
Odd one just now, the drivers window one touch seems to be having a issue. Touch it for the window to go up, goes up a little then bounces back down over and over. Only way to get the window to go all the way up is to hold the switch! Guess I will add that to the service list 🤦‍♂️
I also have exactly the same issue. Tried to follow the calibration workaround and watched a few youtube videos but nothing. Service appointment booked.

I have seen this problem being mentioned quite a lot now....so it must be a batch defect that they need to fix!

Reactions: boombap
Collection appointment booked for the 23rd! - I spoke to them via chat to see if there was any progress (as I'm going to need a lift down there) and they offered me an appointment :)

Just waiting on the reg and the final invoice, so I can send them the cash
Where is the chat option you speak of? Our MYP was in transit to BC this morning from Southampton, so was hoping might have had a notification by now but would like to pester them by chat :)

The only place to be managed to get it to appear is on the inventory page, not sure they’ll be working today though?
Sorry not sure how that ended up getting reposted!

I spoke to them this morning they confirmed the car was there and they'd text me "shortly" with confirmation of when we could pick it up ( we really want to collect it today!). That was 2 hours ago and nothing more, and now the chat is broken, keeps saying "agent will be with you in a minute" and then it doesn't ever connect. Call back from the phone contact centre is also not working...Infurating.

Odd one just now, the drivers window one touch seems to be having a issue. Touch it for the window to go up, goes up a little then bounces back down over and over. Only way to get the window to go all the way up is to hold the switch! Guess I will add that to the service list 🤦‍♂️

Just tried mine and same issue. Even when I hold the switch it comes back down. I need to keep flicking the switch and it get it up with each flick 😭

Sorry not sure how that ended up getting reposted!

I spoke to them this morning they confirmed the car was there and they'd text me "shortly" with confirmation of when we could pick it up ( we really want to collect it today!). That was 2 hours ago and nothing more, and now the chat is broken, keeps saying "agent will be with you in a minute" and then it doesn't ever connect. Call back from the phone contact centre is also not working...Infurating.

All's well that ends well.

ccn73T8.jpeg

Have the wheel balancing issue too.

How are people reporting the issues?

Have got a set of Alloygators to fit on the wheels. Hoping they will do the trick and protect the rims. Now just need Tesla to get the replacement one in for the wheel that was scuffed on arrival. 🤣
Anyone got any experience of Alloygators?
never used those but i did go ahead and get alloy and tyre insurance with ALA. Havent sent them the 'before' pix yet because of the holidays.

Had my MYP a month now , getting used to it , definitely be hard to go back to a ICE car , however I’ve curbed a rear wheel !!! So for my benefit, and anybody else who it happens to , does anybody know how much they cost? I know not cheap🫣

Silly question, but how do you get the centre cap off the wheels? I'm getting mine detailed next week.. I'm also unable to locate a locking wheel nut in the car anywhere. No jack or jacking point adaptor either.. Am I missing a bag of bits anywhere? The manual isn't much help.

Silly question, but how do you get the centre cap off the wheels? I'm getting mine detailed next week.. I'm also unable to locate a locking wheel nut in the car anywhere. No jack or jacking point adaptor either.. Am I missing a bag of bits anywhere? The manual isn't much help.
Theres a little hole at the bottom of the Tesla logo in the centre cap, just shove in a hooky thing like an Allen key in there and it’ll pull straight out. you don’t get locking wheel nuts with the car, you can buy them on the Tesla store if you want them. Jack pads you’ll need to buy separately also, Amazon have them.

Reactions: Andy B
Theres a little hole at the bottom of the Tesla logo in the centre cap, just shove in a hooky thing like an Allen key in there and it’ll pull straight out. you don’t get locking wheel nuts with the car, you can buy them on the Tesla store if you want them. Jack pads you’ll need to buy separately also, Amazon have them.
I didn't see a hole but it was a bit dark so I'll have another look tomorrow.

Thanks for the other advice! Will order some tomorrow.

A

Reactions: boombap
Had my MYP a month now , getting used to it , definitely be hard to go back to a ICE car , however I’ve curbed a rear wheel !!! So for my benefit, and anybody else who it happens to , does anybody know how much they cost? I know not cheap🫣
in my previous cars I have never curbed any wheels.
I have done 2 in a week on my myp 😂😢😢

I have booked with tesla to in January
Quoted 87+ vat

Not the end of the world !