Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mysterious static/hissing noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 20.4.2 and just realized I haven't noticed it in quite a while.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Haven’t heard it in a while. I wonder if they fixed it, or changed it so the 12V charging happens overnight now when you’re not in the car (if that’s what it was). Maybe they just cut the power to that speaker when charging the 12V (again, if that’s what was triggering the interference).

Anyone remember the last time they heard it? If so what version? I’m also on 20.4.2.

Just read all the comments on this thread and now I'm also experiencing this hissing noise but it's coming from the front bumper near the air vents when the AC is turned on. When the AC is off, the noise stops.

Imgur

I've schedule a service appointment and hope this can be fixed soon.

Quick Update: I had a scheduled appointment for next Thursday and a Tesla tech reached out me to send them video of the hissing noise and they responded below:

Unknown.jpeg

The noise did eventually went away this weekend since temperatures were cooler than Friday when I first started to hear the noise. I don't think it's worth the $195 diagnosis fee and I have another friend post about the same thing.

I believe my “emergency speaker” is making this same static sound. Just started today. Made an appointment for the 29th. Let’s see if it keeps doing it.
Very loud and obnoxious - I’m not driving it around like this; if it keeps up I’ll disconnect the speaker until the appointment.

Hi. Mine M3 is March 2020 and I discovered this speaker when I installed the trunk automatic power and the Hansshow display. I don't have any noise, and I can't figure for what it is.
By the way if disconnected I have the error and will dissappear when is connected back.
20210417_210930.jpg