Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just a quick update - I heard back from Pinnacle Window Tinting and he said he can't do the rear window since his material is a few inches too short. Not sure if something changed since I think he's done others here, but just FYA. I think I'm just going to have the side windows tinted anyway and forget about the rear.

One more update for anyone with range anxiety, this is for a Model 3 RWD (long range).

I went to Iowa City yesterday. Left far southwest Omaha with a full charge (~307mi), drove 261 miles and arrived at the Coralville supercharger with about 30 miles remaining. This was going ~80mph most of the route with a full load of cargo.

Charged for 13 minutes, added about 100 miles for $2.60. Drove around town a bit, and got back to the supercharger with about 100 miles on the car. Charged for 70 minutes while at dinner, $9.10. Had just a bit over 300 miles range, drove back. Car was concerned I wouldn't make it without a stop in Des Moines so it kept telling me to go below 75mph. When it hit 3% estimated at destination I dropped below 75mph, turned off the A/C (it was cooler at night) and went slower through Council Bluffs and Omaha, ended up at home with about 20 miles remaining. This was with no cargo, but I think the grade is slightly uphill going westbound.

Almost all of the highway driving was on autopilot, which was wonderful.

So Iowa City is about your max distance between full charge :) - next time I'll probably do a 20 minute stop in Coralville and 20 minutes in Des Moines as recommended.

I'll add to the range list since many people on here might be making a similar drive. ;) I asked the delivery center in KC to fully charge the car before delivery. We left the service center in KC with 300 miles, stopped at Council Bluffs supercharger with 70 miles left. Distance on a map shows 190...actually used 230 miles. Doing highway speeds ~70-80 mph on the drive back with AC on - 2 people in car. This is with a Model 3 AWD (long range - not performance) and 18" Aero wheels - with aero caps ON. Just FYI.

Side note: First supercharger experience was AMAZING. In just 15 minutes it added just over 105 miles to the car. Pretty impressive IMO. :cool:

One more update for anyone with range anxiety, this is for a Model 3 RWD (long range).

I went to Iowa City yesterday. Left far southwest Omaha with a full charge (~307mi), drove 261 miles and arrived at the Coralville supercharger with about 30 miles remaining. This was going ~80mph most of the route with a full load of cargo.

Charged for 13 minutes, added about 100 miles for $2.60. Drove around town a bit, and got back to the supercharger with about 100 miles on the car. Charged for 70 minutes while at dinner, $9.10. Had just a bit over 300 miles range, drove back. Car was concerned I wouldn't make it without a stop in Des Moines so it kept telling me to go below 75mph. When it hit 3% estimated at destination I dropped below 75mph, turned off the A/C (it was cooler at night) and went slower through Council Bluffs and Omaha, ended up at home with about 20 miles remaining. This was with no cargo, but I think the grade is slightly uphill going westbound.

Almost all of the highway driving was on autopilot, which was wonderful.

So Iowa City is about your max distance between full charge :) - next time I'll probably do a 20 minute stop in Coralville and 20 minutes in Des Moines as recommended.
Just wait till winter!

• Funny
Reactions: WhenNRome
Hello everyone,

Really wish I would’ve found this thread a few days ago so I could’ve made it out to the meet up this last weekend. Already looking forward to the next one (saw someone posted about another one this fall but don’t know if I can wait that long). Haven’t had a chance to read thru this entire thread so I apologize if I’ve missed something.

I took delivery of my M3 10 days ago and have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Tesla so far. And I LOVE this car!!!

Looking to get everyone’s recommendations on window tint, full car wraps and what to do with my referral code now that I have one.

Hello everyone,

Really wish I would’ve found this thread a few days ago so I could’ve made it out to the meet up this last weekend. Already looking forward to the next one (saw someone posted about another one this fall but don’t know if I can wait that long). .

The National Drive Electric Week events are coming up next month and are a nice meet up.

Creighton University
Sunday, September 9th
11:00 am to 3:00 pm
20 currently registered with 5 bringing a Tesla
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1417

Lincoln (No Location Yet)
Sunday, September 16th
Noon to 4:00 pm
7 currently registered with 3 bringing a Tesla
National Drive Electric Week Event - Lincoln

• Informative
Reactions: WhenNRome
The National Drive Electric Week events are coming up next month and are a nice meet up.

Creighton University
Sunday, September 9th
11:00 am to 3:00 pm
20 currently registered with 5 bringing a Tesla
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1417

Lincoln (No Location Yet)
Sunday, September 16th
Noon to 4:00 pm
7 currently registered with 3 bringing a Tesla
National Drive Electric Week Event - Lincoln

My wife and I just registered our vehicles. She will bring her prius prime and I will be bringing a 2015 S. Should be a good time, thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: HyperionMark
I'll add to the range list since many people on here might be making a similar drive. ;) I asked the delivery center in KC to fully charge the car before delivery. We left the service center in KC with 300 miles, stopped at Council Bluffs supercharger with 70 miles left. Distance on a map shows 190...actually used 230 miles. Doing highway speeds ~70-80 mph on the drive back with AC on - 2 people in car. This is with a Model 3 AWD (long range - not performance) and 18" Aero wheels - with aero caps ON. Just FYI.

Side note: First supercharger experience was AMAZING. In just 15 minutes it added just over 105 miles to the car. Pretty impressive IMO. :cool:

@tommyboy21, I picked up my car an hour before you did on August 11th, Saturday. I have the RWD and the service center charged it to full. Did not have anyone in the car, with AC running throughout the trip (approx 202 miles). I was left with 86.8 miles (28%), which was pretty impressive. BTW my max speed was 112 miles/hr on I-29 (mostly 75-85 though).

• Informative
Reactions: tommyboy21
Just missed the Tesla meet. = ( I just read about it ) I own a Model S and my neighbor just received a gorgeous Model 3. Looking forward for the next meet up.

Has anyone been in the I-29 Drag strip yet ? I went last week after a quick stop (50min) in Council Bluffs supercharger and had a good time. It seems that I was the first Tesla to do the 1/8 mile.

Just missed the Tesla meet. = ( I just read about it ) I own a Model S and my neighbor just received a gorgeous Model 3. Looking forward for the next meet up.

Has anyone been in the I-29 Drag strip yet ? I went last week after a quick stop (50min) in Council Bluffs supercharger and had a good time. It seems that I was the first Tesla to do the 1/8 mile.

Might be a good place for a future meet up!

Hi all, just a quick update - I heard back from Pinnacle Window Tinting and he said he can't do the rear window since his material is a few inches too short. Not sure if something changed since I think he's done others here, but just FYA. I think I'm just going to have the side windows tinted anyway and forget about the rear.

The fellow with Omaha Auto Tint said he's been doing halfway up the back window in Tesla's to the point where the glass tint itself transitions... went with that, and it looks great.

By the way, anyone know how long (particularly in our wildly changeable climate) these de-chrome wraps 'stick' ? I've never been all that keen on them, but the 'black out' is kind of cool... and now that I've seen a hairline 1/2" scratch in the roof rail chrome, I'm thinking it needs protecting (doesn't seem very resilient). Anyone had it done? Know what it would cost to cover the exterior chrome pieces?

The fellow with Omaha Auto Tint said he's been doing halfway up the back window in Tesla's to the point where the glass tint itself transitions... went with that, and it looks great.

Hey @stargazer - Could you post pictures of the back tint from the inside and outside please if/when you get a chance? I'd love to see what the transition looks like. Also, was the tint applied to the outside or inside?

Another range experiment - went to a car show at my parents’ in Salina (~240 miles). The drive there on Saturday morning was a breeze - 235miles from home (essentially Cabella’s) to the Salina Supercharger, with 35 miles left and averaging 70+ miles per hour (270 mile total range with Aeros on).

The way back was a little different story - topped off at the supercharger and plugged in my parents garage (50amp welder FTW) while we had lunch. However, weather does have an impact - with the rain on Sunday, our lights were on and wipers going the full time. Started with an estimate of 10% remaining to Home and watched it slowly decrease to 0% and below. The good news is that the guidance automatically re-routes when the remaining battery gets to about -4% or so... Made it to the Lincoln Supercharger fine, with about a dozen miles remaining and without resorting to hypermiling (80+ on I-80). Charged for a while and made it home with no issues.

So, the weather does definitely factor into the range equation more than ICE - and the charging infrastructure requires a bit more planning and timing vs being able to pull over at about any corner and fill up in less than 15 minutes. A good trip though and had fun showing off the 3 to many people who had never even seen a Tesla in person (and parked next to a ‘62 vette!)

Maybe carrying a generator in the frunk isn’t a bad idea?!

Attachments

• BB9DAA5D-58B9-4EF8-ACA4-16ECB581E761.jpeg
    BB9DAA5D-58B9-4EF8-ACA4-16ECB581E761.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 9A2CDBE5-D5BB-4C96-BF90-76769337C635.jpeg
    9A2CDBE5-D5BB-4C96-BF90-76769337C635.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 26
  • D1843330-C579-4D98-95D5-E166FEC72BC6.jpeg
    D1843330-C579-4D98-95D5-E166FEC72BC6.jpeg
    725.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 1A1FD193-4A30-46EE-8BD5-099A473DA2D8.jpeg
    1A1FD193-4A30-46EE-8BD5-099A473DA2D8.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 2C0483B7-EC90-4115-9A96-DE6B041C7D7F.jpeg
    2C0483B7-EC90-4115-9A96-DE6B041C7D7F.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 49
  • A4E5531A-8AE5-4000-AE58-E7B3DB73BAEC.jpeg
    A4E5531A-8AE5-4000-AE58-E7B3DB73BAEC.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 49
  • CF6927C7-9600-4492-AB38-B58DE3D27328.jpeg
    CF6927C7-9600-4492-AB38-B58DE3D27328.jpeg
    654.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Informative
Reactions: Lpleiss
Hi Everyone! For those of you in the Omaha (even Lincoln) area, I've been looking around at tint shops. Out of the ones I've contacted only "Hot Rod PDR" says they'll tint the rear window fully. (Instead of the split/line above the defroster area). I'm leaning towards this option and I'm curious if anyone else would be interested in signing up to potentially get a "group" discount. Ideally I'm looking for 5 people. If you are interested please DM me. Also, looking at either 35% or 50% on the rear window. Let me know what percentages you guys are interested in. Thanks!

Side note:
@bandwagon - I believe you used Hot Rod. I'd love to see your tint job in person if possible. Let me know if you wouldn't mind meeting up so I could check it out. Obviously I'm happy to come to you, wherever you are. Thanks!!

Reactions: bandwagon