Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think how long it lasts will depend on which vehicles qualify. If they limit it to electric only vehicles, like the Leaf, Bolt and Tesla, then I think it will last a bit longer, and hopefully I'll have a shot at it if I get my car in August or September. If they include the plug-in Hybrids (Prius Prime, Honda Clarity, Volt) then I think it will go very quickly. The article doesn't really state what will qualify. There's also, frustratingly, no information on where to go or who to contact for more information. I've been checking OPPD and NCEA websites.

In other news, I was in KC last weekend and test drove a Model S with EAP. I'm still on the fence about it. At the Shareholder meeting yesterday I think Elon mentioned they may do a free trial period starting next month. I'd love to be able to try it on my commute and the roads around Omaha for a month before I spend the $5K.

Lpleiss, I had heard through the grapevine that it is BEVs (Battery Electric Vehicles - 100%) only. Not Hybrids. Obviously not 100% confirmed since the official announcement hasn't come out yet, but I trust my source. So, hopefully that will help extend it a little. Did you already order your Model 3?

The OPPD EV Rebate page appears to be active now - but the forms are still 'coming soon'

Electric Vehicle (EV) Rebate Pilot Program

Not only did I miss the timing (May 25 delivery), I'm also in the wrong county (Sarpy) - but good luck for everyone else!

I am considering the Chargepoint charger though - I picked up an extra Tesla Mobile Charger to use at home to save $200 vs the Home Charging Station - but could add the chargepoint, if I can get it for free. Not sure if I would end up using it much with the Tesla though, due to the adapters etc (i.e. Apple's Lightning vs everyone else using USB)

I'm curious if you can count the order date as the purchase date. I'm a day one reservation holder and so I'm expecting the AWD invite any day now...

I think the 3k is just a normal Nissan rebate, but I'm positive that Woodhouse is going to take advantage of this. Adam, a sales guy there, is a huge EV enthusiast and great guy so I would suspect he'll be racking up sales this month.

The FAQ doesn't seem to clarify if Plugin Hybrids are included.

I'm curious if you can count the order date as the purchase date. I'm a day one reservation holder and so I'm expecting the AWD invite any day now...

I think the 3k is just a normal Nissan rebate, but I'm positive that Woodhouse is going to take advantage of this. Adam, a sales guy there, is a huge EV enthusiast and great guy so I would suspect he'll be racking up sales this month.

The FAQ doesn't seem to clarify if Plugin Hybrids are included.

Having just placed my order on the 5th, I too am worried it'll all be gone by the time of my delivery, but I don't see how your order vs purchase date question would do anything. It requires a completed vehicle registration, so it's entirely up to when that happens as it will be the last piece. They either still have money left at that point or not.

Having just placed my order on the 5th, I too am worried it'll all be gone by the time of my delivery, but I don't see how your order vs purchase date question would do anything. It requires a completed vehicle registration, so it's entirely up to when that happens as it will be the last piece. They either still have money left at that point or not.

Wow! Sounds like great timing. Did you already get invited for AWD or did you just take first production as soon as it opened up to you?

Wow! Sounds like great timing. Did you already get invited for AWD or did you just take first production as soon as it opened up to you?

I had the AWD piece unlock in whatever the second wave was. I've been sitting on my invite since March wrestling with waiting for AWD or getting the first configuration. After a lot of back and forth I just opted for the first config with EAP.
Hoping I won't regret RWD come winter.

It's literally a $200,000 grant divided by $4000, giving 50 lucky people. OPPD's proposal to NCEA was that it fund a study, as part of getting your $4000, you'd provide information on your charging activities for a period of time.

In other news, it took a while... but I saw my first ever Model 3, besides my own in town. A midnight silver headed west on Industrial, likely home from work around 5:30pm. He didn't see me. Tom, was that a midnight silver you've seen out your way?

I really like the ChargePoint stations and app (if can't make it to a SuperCharger). Although I wish they'd just drop the non-network charging stations, which more often than not, seem to only cater to 'their kind' (Nissan, BMW, Ford, etc).

I just got my center caps kit yesterday, so the aero wheels came off. On a still lighter note, I should be receiving my Tesla coloring book tomorrow.

And welcome/congratulations Bandwagon. :)

The terms and conditions are up now. It is for all-electric vehicles only. It looks like you get either the $500 charger rebate, or a $4500 combined charger and car rebate. Car rebate requires copy of sales invoice and Douglas County registration.

https://www.oppd.com/media/291601/ev-terms-and-conditions.pdf

So, I just ordered the ChargePoint charger through OPPDs affiliate link. Now, where are those invites Elon promised this week!?!

PS. Anyone know a good and reasonable electrician?

Electrica1, I don't think that would matter as long as you have an invoice of some sort, which I'm sure Tesla provides since you would need to register, right? The terms specifically say they need it to confirm the purchase date. They also ask for the vehicle registration to prove it was registered in Douglas County. So, I can't imagine that where you buy the car matters, as long as it's registered in the county. But I could be wrong.

A copy of the dealer invoice. This allows our administration team to verify the car was purchased after the start date, as required by the rebates’
A copy of your vehicle registration. This allows our administration team to verify the car was registered in Douglas County, as required by the rebates

• Helpful
Reactions: HyperionMark
I've often wondered how that works... what are the implications for the federal tax credit as well. Of course 'order immediately' and completing the purchase are two different things as well, separated by widely varying periods of time.

And sorry I missed the Euro Exotic idea Bandwagon... plus it's my wife's 'turn' to have the car today. :( Definitely need to have a meet up soon.

"PS. Anyone know a good and reasonable electrician?"
Though I am in Omaha, I have used (twice) Sentry Electric out of Lincoln. Best price, and they hid the cables completely. $700, while I had estimates up to $2000 from others.

Different note: I read it that the $4500 rebate is for an EV and ChargePoint hookup ($629 CP with $500 rebate). I guess I can get a CP hookup, but why would I want one??? My charge cable hangs on the wall and I plug my car in from my NEMA 14-50. I guess I could do the same with the CP if I put my J1772 adapter on the end of it, but that seems like a waste of time/money for Tesla owners. Am I missing something here?

Yet a different point: there have been 300 EVs in this rebate area over years of selling them. It may take a few months to sell out the 50 rebates, in my estimation. It should spur EV sales, perhaps a lot.

And, just maybe, a final point: I will probably be ordering my 3 with large battery when AWD comes out, hoping that I can get the $4000 and making sure I can get the $7500 Fed Tax Credit rather than wait for the small battery AWD option. I am guessing I would get a 3 small battery AWD in time, but I am certain if I do it in the next month or two, when I am hoping the AWD is available for the 3. I believe many are waiting for AWD (it is absolutely worth it to me; I love it on my Model S).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lpleiss
@stargazer - no worries - it was fun, lots of cool cars in Omaha

I think there’s another cars & caffeine at countryside plaza later this month, and then there’s always ICC

Attachments

• 61A5A83B-58C7-4F46-9641-2D636DF8579E.jpeg
    61A5A83B-58C7-4F46-9641-2D636DF8579E.jpeg
    641.5 KB · Views: 60
On my Different Note above: Why would I want a CP?
1. to get the $4500, I have to have one, I have to hook it up, and I have to agree to CP and OPPD using my data
2. that's why this is being done: my NEMA 14-50 won't show CP/OPPD my usage, but the CP unit will (by hooking into my WiFi, I presume).
Perhaps I can find out, then, also, how much energy my car is using...

On my Different Note above: Why would I want a CP?
1. to get the $4500, I have to have one, I have to hook it up, and I have to agree to CP and OPPD using my data
2. that's why this is being done: my NEMA 14-50 won't show CP/OPPD my usage, but the CP unit will (by hooking into my WiFi, I presume).
Perhaps I can find out, then, also, how much energy my car is using...

You're exactly right. They're giving the 4k in exchange for your personal data - where you charge, when you charge how long you charge, etc. Much of CP is more than what's necessary with a Tesla as Tesla's let you set when it charges and show a lot of data, but if you're a data nerd, there's never too much data. Using CP will just be a matter of using the adapter that comes with the car. Not nearly as slick (or as fast, I think), but it's the exchange for the 4k.