Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry I didn't stick around longer, was pretty well clearing out by 9:30am and was getting a bit hot. I did meet tmueller64 and lpleiss, talked quite a while. :) Let me know if you want to meet somewhere, I'd be happy to personally show you the car as well.

Reactions: tommyboy21
Sorry I didn't stick around longer, was pretty well clearing out by 9:30am and was getting a bit hot. I did meet tmueller64 and lpleiss, talked quite a while. :) Let me know if you want to meet somewhere, I'd be happy to personally show you the car as well.

No worries. We got there right at 9:30. I was hoping to get out there sooner. It wasn’t all bad, since we got to see some other cars and on the drive back we saw a blue Model 3 at Village Pointe! (Maybe someone on this thread?) I’ll direct message you my info and hopefully we can connect at some point. Thanks!

Attachments

• 49BCB698-1968-4CE6-9573-60AEA54BCF69.jpeg
    49BCB698-1968-4CE6-9573-60AEA54BCF69.jpeg
    512.9 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: stargazer
Got back a few hours ago from our quick trip to KC. The entire experience was absolutely amazing. We arrived about 15 minutes early, and our DS basically said "if you're here early, you get to start driving early." He gave us plenty of time to walk around the car before signing the delivery document. Quick walkthrough of the car and controls, setup the phone key, then we were on our way. What a night and day experience from every single other car purchase I've been involved in.

What about the car? This was literally my first time seeing a Model 3 in person. It's simply amazing. Having driven a Model S before, I can say the Model 3 has pure Tesla DNA. It's responsive, fast, and handles like a dream. The suspension feels stiff, yet fun. You can feel the road, but not in a bad way. The first thing I noticed going up a tight-turn onramp, the turning felt loose. I changed the steering mode to sport, and it became much tighter. Accelerating is a treat. The 0-60 time is amazing. My wife, trailing in our Nissan Pathfinder, simply said "I saw that..." Autopilot kicked in about 20 miles before St. Joseph. The most confusing thing was that it doesn't appear basic cruise control works until Autopilot is calibrated. I'm sure I was an annoying driver, that guy who can't decide on a speed. In my defense, I was too busy smiling and laughing to myself about how amazing the car is.

The best part? I got home, and still had more miles available on the battery than I did on a full charge of my Leaf, on a good day. That pretty much killed any remaining long distance range anxiety.

The wort part? I found a small chip in the hood after pulling into the garage. I had planned on looking into a clear wrap for the front, so it stinks to start off with like this.

Overall - I'm simply amazed. Such an amazing car - I can't wait to drive it tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_1409.jpg
    IMG_1409.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 47
Congrats! I hope you continue to enjoy the car. And from other readings, your brakes will be upgraded to work better sometime very soon! I remember with my Model S when the stereo got better, and another upgrade when the car got faster. Amazing!

Reactions: tommyboy21
Another awesome delivery story! Thanks for sharing! Bummer that you got a chip. If you end up taking it somewhere to get the front wrapped let us know about your experience please. I’ve definitely been thinking that I would get that done when I get mine.

Cool, they put your car up front for delivery. I'm guessing Saturday was a busier delivery day (when I picked my car up, there were 12 3's lined up in the parking lot). Glad to hear your experience went so well, aside from the chip (it'll fix!)... I'm needing to get a wrap as well (still need to find some place in town, anyone have recommendations?). I'm thinking minimum XPEL bumper, possibly entire nose. Then I'm going to do a ceramic coating myself.

Congrats to all the new owners!!! We definitely need to do a meetup soon now that a lot of you have your 3's, so us still on the waiting list can drool. Does this coming Sunday work for anyone? Nebraska Crossing Outlets would be perfect, especially with the free charging stations. Thoughts? (I would have suggested this upcoming Saturday, but it looks like rain)

Three years ago, when my Model S was new, I had heard talk of the paint being "softer" and I had had a "bra" on my previous car (hybrid Lexus). I went to a place on Industrial Ave and they didn't show up for the appointment (I took that as a sign). I went down Industrial a bit to Trucks Plus (I think that is the right place, I know "Truck" was in the name, and it was along Industrial Ave over behind Oakview Mall). I had them put on a bra, cover all the front, and the mirrors, and seal the paint. $700. I do not have any chips, I have not had any problems, I feel it was well worth the $700. I think my car still looks great. My 2 cents.

Thanks for the info.. I see Trucks Plus on 148th and Industrial. Do you by any chance know what kind of clear film was applied? XPEL seems to be talked about a lot these days, although I've heard good things about 3M as well. Both of these are of the 'self healing' variety. Trucks Plus doesn't seem to go into the product they use on their website.

Cool, they put your car up front for delivery. I'm guessing Saturday was a busier delivery day

They were doing one other delivery at the same time as ours. It was nice, since I got a few extra minutes to drool over it do a walk around before anybody came up front.

There were a ton of Model 3's all around the building, didn't notice how many of them were ready for delivery though.

I pulled into the building to the south of the service center just to scope things out, since we were about 20 minutes early. My wife saw it through the windows first and goes "that's your car."

Hey Everyone, I wanted to float an idea out there that I shared with stargazer. If multiple of us are thinking about doing tinting or protective wraps, what are the group's thoughts on basically approaching a shop that we like/vet somehow about getting all of our business at some discount. Basically saying, "Hey, there are X number of us with Model 3's now or in the near future - we'll all agree to come give our business to you in exchange for a 10% discount (or whatever)." Trying to collectively use our size for buying power. Again, not sure how many people would be interested? Maybe I'll drop in a poll somehow? Thoughts?

Exotic Detail in Omaha has done a lot of Tesla's and more high end cars then I knew existed around there. I believe my rough quote for paint correction, ceramic coating, clear bra from the "A" pillar forward and window tint was around $3,300. For the window tint they have an outside company that will come to them.

Exotic Detail