Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me know if I need to call and complain tomorrow. If they say its $64k then the $4,000 AWD option will cost us $3,238 extra in taxes and fees over 7 years.

I'm guessing this is what they are using.
Base: $35,000
AWD: $4,000 (or $5k for some)
PUP: $5,000
Long Range: $9,000
Total: $53,000

Let me know if I need to call and complain tomorrow. If they say its $64k then the $4,000 AWD option will cost us $3,238 extra in taxes and fees over 7 years.

I'm guessing this is what they are using.
Base: $35,000
AWD: $4,000 (or $5k for some)
PUP: $5,000
Long Range: $9,000
Total: $53,000

That's not quite right.
The difference you're quoting is between Short Range, No PIP, etc.. at 35K to Performance at 64k.

Reality is, the people paying Nebraska RWD fees off the 35k is wrong, they should be paying 49k, which is what we have to base the difference in AWD against. Assuming Nebraska fixes the RWD, and implements AWD / Performance separation.

So AWD in theory will only cost your $457 more over 9 years than the RWD option, but $1375 less than Performance over 9 years.

See my post here
AWD MSRP???

That's not quite right.
The difference you're quoting is between Short Range, No PIP, etc.. at 35K to Performance at 64k.

Reality is, the people paying Nebraska RWD fees off the 35k is wrong, they should be paying 49k, which is what we have to base the difference in AWD against. Assuming Nebraska fixes the RWD, and implements AWD / Performance separation.

So AWD in theory will only cost your $457 more over 9 years than the RWD option, but $1375 less than Performance over 9 years.

See my post here
AWD MSRP???

They are wanting to charge for the Performance on my Non-Performance vehicle.

You should not have to pay for Optional Equipment. If they want to call the Dual Motor option a new car that is fine but it should be $39,000. When I upgraded to leather, navigation etc. in my current car it did not adjust the MSRP. The $35,000 is clearly broken out in my order details.

Total Vehicle Price $61,500.00
Enhanced Autopilot $5,000.00
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive -
Premium White $1,500.00
Deep Blue Metallic $1,000.00
Premium Interior -
18’’ Aero Wheels -
Model 3 $35,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive $18,000.00
Destination Fee $925.00
Documentation Fee $75.00

Hey Everyone,

I thought I'd give a quick update. First off, my goal is NOT to increase ANYONE'S registration. After doing some digging and research I believe we have a firm case that everyone who buys a Model 3, should pay $35K for the registration. (Basically saying that as shown on the sticker - all of the "upgrades" are like "options.") Other cars that I've registered in this state have different MSRP on their Monroney Sticker than what the actual pink registration shows. For example, we weren't charged more registration fees for leather seats on our other car - even though it was an upgrade.

Anyway, I went back into the Millard DMV today after going back and forth with more people. I made my case there and they are sending off my paperwork to Lincoln. The feeling I got is that they agreed with me on the $35K, but they said ultimately it's Lincoln's decision. The manager said she wasn't sure how long it would take for them to make a decision - but they are going to call me when they do.

Obviously, if anyone goes and get their car registered in the next week or so, just know you might have an issue...maybe you won't (and you're lucky). Either way, feel free to update the rest of us on your experiences and I'll let you know what I hear back when Lincoln makes the "official" decision.

Called down to KC today to ask a few questions about delivery paperwork and found out I have a VIN 615XX. No contact from IDA yet, but it's been a productive day.

Electricians Consulted - Check
Chargepoint Purchased - Check
VIN received - Check
Loan App Completed - Check
IDA Contact ..... *Stares at Tesla*

BTW... putting my VIN into the Vehicle Tax Estimator brings up the $35,000 MSRP.

Called down to KC today to ask a few questions about delivery paperwork and found out I have a VIN 615XX. No contact from IDA yet, but it's been a productive day.

Electricians Consulted - Check
Chargepoint Purchased - Check
VIN received - Check
Loan App Completed - Check
IDA Contact ..... *Stares at Tesla*

BTW... putting my VIN into the Vehicle Tax Estimator brings up the $35,000 MSRP.

Awesome news! It looks like you purchased a RWD though, right? If so, I feel like others were showing a $35,000 MSRP. So I guess that's good it's still showing that.

They are wanting to charge for the Performance on my Non-Performance vehicle.

You should not have to pay for Optional Equipment. If they want to call the Dual Motor option a new car that is fine but it should be $39,000. When I upgraded to leather, navigation etc. in my current car it did not adjust the MSRP. The $35,000 is clearly broken out in my order details.

Total Vehicle Price $61,500.00
Enhanced Autopilot $5,000.00
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive -
Premium White $1,500.00
Deep Blue Metallic $1,000.00
Premium Interior -
18’’ Aero Wheels -
Model 3 $35,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive $18,000.00
Destination Fee $925.00
Documentation Fee $75.00

Yea, I don't disagree, I was just trying to make sense of how the options were considered by the DMV. My guess if the VIN is different enough, they're going to assign a different MSRP to it. Either way, I think we're on the same page, we should only pay 4k more MSRP for AWD. Whether that is at the 35k level, of the 49k level, that's what I was unclear about.

My current car, and Acura TL Type S was just an 'Option' to get 'Type S', but that option was enough to trigger a different Model in Acura's VIN system, which the DMV recognized had a different MSRP.
I'm all for if we can get NE to recognize all the upgrades as options, and only pay based on the 35k (Or 39k as you suggest for AWD). My car will be here in about 2 weeks, so I'm willing to pitch in to fight the fight, but not sure how yet, until I have paperwork to show them.

I wonder if this works what they'll use for the Performance (39k? Or 39k plus 11K?)

Your config is identical to mine! But mine looks different. Did your final paperwork have the breakout you're seeing with the 35k? Or was your Tesla Account showing what you see. This is what my Tesla Account and Order Agreement look like.

Description Price (USD)
Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive $53,000
Deep Blue Metallic Paint $1,000
18’’ Aero Wheels Included
Premium Interior Included
Premium White $1,500
Subtotal $55,500
Destination and Documentation Fee $1,000
Total $56,500

Last edited:
Well, it's encouraging that they seem to have a $53k version in their system. If you need any help calling, let me know and I'll start on it as well. There is just not an automated way for them to tell the difference, which could be a problem.

"In their system" would likely mean a VIN table like Polk's VINtelligence.

The software may simply match your VIN against the patterns on the table, and then grab the MSRP from the matching record. The MSRP is the base MSRP for all cars made with that VIN pattern.

The table is updated periodically, so if the you receive your car with a VIN pattern that's not on the system, they'd have to figure it out.

If you get an assessed MSRP that's out-of-whack with reality, it could simply be bad data in the table (not necessarily the table supplier's fault), so it's reasonable to question it.

25 OPPD EV Rebates left as of Today, for anyone keeping track. My car coming in 2 weeks, then any delay to get it registered is cutting it close.
So, if I am thinking correctly about this, half of them are gone since June 4th, three months ago. Things are probably picking up, and they will be gone in the next couple months, Sep and Oct, about six to eight weeks as mentioned above.

Hi everyone. LPleiss told me about this thread - I'm in Omaha waiting for an AWD delivery date (Sep-Nov est.) I'm not totally caught up on the entire discussion yet, but have read enough to know I'm in the right place.
  • Good to see that taxes/registration might not be as much as I thought they'd be!
  • I bought a CP, but haven't had it installed - now that the rebate is 1/2 gone, I'll probably scrap that plan and have NEMA 14-50 w/ 50 amp installed instead.
  • When I placed my order, it said home delivery. I'm hoping they load up all of our AWDs on one truck so we can have a delivery party in Omaha.
  • I'm in love with the pics of the Model 3's on Exotic Detail's FB. I want to do Xpel - full front + rear bumper, CQuartz, and Stealth Xpel on the center console. Any news on a group deal?
  • Oh, and I paid for a new starter and battery on my current ICE vehicle today...ouch! :mad:

Hi everyone. LPleiss told me about this thread - I'm in Omaha waiting for an AWD delivery date (Sep-Nov est.) I'm not totally caught up on the entire discussion yet, but have read enough to know I'm in the right place.
  • Good to see that taxes/registration might not be as much as I thought they'd be!
  • I bought a CP, but haven't had it installed - now that the rebate is 1/2 gone, I'll probably scrap that plan and have NEMA 14-50 w/ 50 amp installed instead.
  • When I placed my order, it said home delivery. I'm hoping they load up all of our AWDs on one truck so we can have a delivery party in Omaha.
  • I'm in love with the pics of the Model 3's on Exotic Detail's FB. I want to do Xpel - full front + rear bumper, CQuartz, and Stealth Xpel on the center console. Any news on a group deal?
  • Oh, and I paid for a new starter and battery on my current ICE vehicle today...ouch! :mad:

@Page Bidne Welcome to the group. You can still get $500 rebate on the charger as they have 228 rebates still available. There is a good electrician that several of us have used if you need one.

The $4,500 rebate that everyone is worried about has less than 25 remaining. OPPD said yesterday that they have several pending applications and 11 of the 25 approved so far were for the Leaf.

For the taxes, TommyBoy is working on that as the AWD was going to cost us like $3k more over 5 years for a $4k option vs the RWD.

No group deal for PPF but if anyone wants I know the owner of Exotic Detail and can talk to him about it.

Hopefully I make it out on Sunday to meet everyone (Day 106 since I configured and no car :()

@Page Bidne Welcome to the group. You can still get $500 rebate on the charger as they have 228 rebates still available. There is a good electrician that several of us have used if you need one.

The $4,500 rebate that everyone is worried about has less than 25 remaining. OPPD said yesterday that they have several pending applications and 11 of the 25 approved so far were for the Leaf.

For the taxes, TommyBoy is working on that as the AWD was going to cost us like $3k more over 5 years for a $4k option vs the RWD.

No group deal for PPF but if anyone wants I know the owner of Exotic Detail and can talk to him about it.

Hopefully I make it out on Sunday to meet everyone (Day 106 since I configured and no car :()

Thanks @Trips, I’m still trying to figure out if the CP is the way to go. I just need to decide if the features of the CP make up for charge rate being slower than what I’d have with NEMA 14-50. I talked myself into buying it because of the big rebate - greed never leads to good results! @Lpleiss gave me a referral for her electrician, so maybe the same guy?

I think I’ll be able to make it on Sunday. I did a test drive in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. It was great, but I think it just made it harder to endure the wait!

Sure thing on the model 3s, you’d have to let me know what you’re thinking. Personally I’m a fan of brushed metal black or black matte. . .

. . .The attached is an old document but it shows most of the materials I have.

If the offer is still on the table would you be willing to cut a matte black for me? I'd be willing to reimburse you for materials or whatever you deem fair.

I'd greatly appreciate it!

Reactions: Lpleiss