Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a mini fridge for the centre console!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
hot driving and our bottles of water are now warm. Wife said the cup holders should have cooling built in which made me think. The centre console has relatively huge space and a 12v socket. Could you get (or make) a tiny fridge to fit in there just to keep a couple of cans or bottles cool?

Tesla folk seem a bit nuts for accessories but not seen anything like that

Perhaps this would fit. Not checked.

• Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655
hot driving and our bottles of water are now warm. Wife said the cup holders should have cooling built in which made me think. The centre console has relatively huge space and a 12v socket. Could you get (or make) a tiny fridge to fit in there just to keep a couple of cans or bottles cool?

I’d be happy for adaptive cup holders let alone cooled cup holders!

Reactions: Mrklaw

How about it Taptes? :)

One of many Tesla failings is a 12v in the boot. I've got one of those 12/240v cool/warm boxes from Lidl which works fine but ends up on the back seat with a seatbelt round it 'cos the wire isn't quite long enough and if it was with rear seat passengers then they'd trip over it. In any event I don't drink and drive and ya can't trust FSD enough

I carry a cool box with frozen packs and they keep everything cool.

Reactions: Adopado and init6
I had considerable success with a miniature insulated bag and some frozen pads during the recent heatwave in Europe where outside temperatures were above 40ºC. It kept drinks and medicines cool nearly all day.

We did that for the second bottles but wanted ones on hand to grab while driving. And even the cooler bag ones barely lasted a day (we can get a better quality one and we should have more packs in

Do the chillies/Thermo bottles work if you’re constantly opening and closing?

My low tech solution is a plastic insulated cycling bottle ~1/5th full of water in the freezer the night before, laid on a slant. Top it up with water before departure. Insulation stops too much condensation as well as maximising cold lifespan. Slant means the ice isn’t stuck at the bottom away from the warmer water. Chilly water for hours.

Reactions: M1tch
One of many Tesla failings is a 12v in the boot. I've got one of those 12/240v cool/warm boxes from Lidl which works fine but ends up on the back seat with a seatbelt round it 'cos the wire isn't quite long enough and if it was with rear seat passengers then they'd trip over it. In any event I don't drink and drive and ya can't trust FSD enough
I have the same and my solution is this: