Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to decide: Silver or Gray?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The silver will be great, one of the vehicles I own that is silver (not tesla) but I love it. If I do not wash it for awhile it's hardly noticeable. Plus it looks great in photos!

I found this link from a thread, figured I'd reference if anyone else is on here trying to decide this album has Tesla Model S's sorted by color with photos :)

https://plus.google.com/photos/112201872028038951980/albums?banner=pwa

An update on this - got this email from Tesla:

"It is too late to make changes to this Model S. Please inform the customer that we cannot change the paint to Grey Metallic."

Oddly, by profile still says "sourcing parts", but I guess you can't cut it too close. But decided, yes, I can live with a silver Tesla :)

I'd recommend the Gray, it's very popular and you'll be one of many... (which is why I chose Silver).

Interestingly, I think I see more Silver than Gray. I ended up ordering Blue because I thought it would be more distinctive, but I see tons of them too. In fairness, even colors which I would have never considered initially (Green, Brown) actually look stunning in person. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the color choices.

Interestingly, I think I see more Silver than Gray. I ended up ordering Blue because I thought it would be more distinctive, but I see tons of them too. In fairness, even colors which I would have never considered initially (Green, Brown) actually look stunning in person. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the color choices.

Agreed and I'll add Green is the most underrated color of them all. I would have never would have considered green for a car... the online photos, samples, videos etc do not do it justice. That is one area where having a stocked 'dealership' would have been nice, after seeing all the colors in person at Teslive'13... I would have gone Green instead of Silver.