Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nevada Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much was your tint and PPF?
It was a little under ~$7k. They did a lot of work (e.g. paint correction, PPF, painting the emblems, tint, ceramic coating on wheels) and I believe I was the first Model Y they did so I may have received a discount; I am not sure what their pricing would be today.

There were/are a few issues with the tint (they had to redo windshield and one rear window) and they used precuts for the PPF so there is one seam that I am not happy about but you have to really know where to look to see it. Overall I would probably give them a 4/5 but they were more competitive than some of the other places I called for quotes for everything I wanted to do. I decided to go with them because they were also working on Goldrush Rally around that time so I figured they would do a good job.

It was a little under ~$7k. They did a lot of work (e.g. paint correction, PPF, painting the emblems, tint, ceramic coating on wheels) and I believe I was the first Model Y they did so I may have received a discount; I am not sure what their pricing would be today.

There were/are a few issues with the tint (they had to redo windshield and one rear window) and they used precuts for the PPF so there is one seam that I am not happy about but you have to really know where to look to see it. Overall I would probably give them a 4/5 but they were more competitive than some of the other places I called for quotes for everything I wanted to do. I decided to go with them because they were also working on Goldrush Rally around that time so I figured they would do a good job.
Thanks. I'm going to call around as well when the time gets closer so I can take it straight from the SC to get tint and ppf.

Thanks. I'm going to call around as well when the time gets closer so I can take it straight from the SC to get tint and ppf.
I called the Xpel dealer in town, a few random detailers, and incognito wraps. Given everything I wanted done, I just wanted to find one place that could do everything.

Xpel was by far the most expensive.

I have STEK PPF and tint (NEX Series).

I saw in a previous thread you just ordered. Not sure if wait times are real but when I ordered it said 7 - 11 weeks and I had it within two weeks of ordering but that was toward the end of the quarter so that may have helped me.

I called the Xpel dealer in town, a few random detailers, and incognito wraps. Given everything I wanted done, I just wanted to find one place that could do everything.

Xpel was by far the most expensive.

I have STEK PPF and tint (NEX Series).

I saw in a previous thread you just ordered. Not sure if wait times are real but when I ordered it said 7 - 11 weeks and I had it within two weeks of ordering but that was toward the end of the quarter so that may have helped me.
I know I want tint but I'm not sure on ppf. Maybe partial? An yeah I just ordered and have no EDD so I have plenty of time considered it seems like there are a lot of people with May/June orders still waiting. I'm probably going to try to get a NEMA 14-50 installed in the coming weeks.

I know I want tint but I'm not sure on ppf. Maybe partial? An yeah I just ordered and have no EDD so I have plenty of time considered it seems like there are a lot of people with May/June orders still waiting. I'm probably going to try to get a NEMA 14-50 installed in the coming weeks.
I only went full PPF because I went with the satin look. I think when I priced out partial (front only), it was somewhere around $2 - $3k? It was another $1000 - 1500 for full ceramic coating.

I had Blue Apple Electric install my 14-50. They charged around $400 to install but I paid more to have it permitted.

I only went full PPF because I went with the satin look. I think when I priced out partial (front only), it was somewhere around $2 - $3k? It was another $1000 - 1500 for full ceramic coating.

I had Blue Apple Electric install my 14-50. They charged around $400 to install but I paid more to have it permitted.
That's not bad. I'll have to call and ask them tomorrow about their ppf prices. Probably won't do ceramic coat. And I've been looking at a bunch of the ones on the Tesla website. Seems they are probably around that price and I know I'll get a permit for it as well.