Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new 2020 Tesla Roadster or p100d model s?

current p100d model s owners, Next Gen P100D or new 2020 Roadster for future purchase?

• next generation model s p100d or p130d

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • 2020 tesla roadster

Votes: 26 65.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I desire a 500 to 600 mile range with a new luxury, smoother, quieter, spacious interior designed Model S. Autopilot or autonomy doesn't need 1.9 second 0 to 60 acceleration in a Model S or X. Performance is a plus for those who love to manually drive. We would prefer to have Megacharger speeds on those cross country trips.

I hope that all previous Roadster owners were invited to the Semi Event. Those 2,700 buyers needed access to be first in line for the spectacular new 2020 Roadster.

Last edited:
I agree, even though I put down a deposit on a new Roadster and did not buy one of the original Roadsters.
Hey Jerry,

Did you follow thru within the 10 days and give Tesla a total of $50,000? You are the only person I can find who claims to have reserved one. Just curious if there are others. If not, I do not see the car ever getting into production. I know a lot of people signed up for test drives but that only required a refundable $5k on a credit card. They had 10 days to put in the other $45,000. Thanks...

• Disagree
Reactions: EinSV
Why not both? The p100D as a grocery getter and the roadster for fun? I plan to upgrade to the P100 D late 2018 as soon as the interior refresh comes out. I just wonder about the roadster for long trips. Will the suspension be much stiffer? How much room will you have for laggage? Yes I know you have a nominal back seat but the model S swallows so much luggage that the roadster could only hope to match. This may be a plan. ( Finance permitting of course)