Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pack could be smaller but to be honest I am expecting them to change the range numbers later, they are all listed as estimated for now. Elon did say there would be more information later regarding S/X didn't he? A good way to generate more articles about the car.

We all know what Elon wants the range to be... 420 miles. :D

Another point I thought might be worth bringing up regarding the wheel vs yoke: You see yokes in some sorts of motorsport but not really others. Closed track stuff like F1 it seems common, but you don't really seem to see it if stuff like rally and autocross, etc. If I am wrong on that please let me know, I don't follow motorsport that closely.

It seems like everyday driving is a bit more like rally driving than F1 (if you are having fun wayway), and I expect rally would have adopted yokes a long time ago if there was some advantage (unless there is some rules precluding it).

My sales advisor told me yesterday that the factory resumed production last week. My reservation says Feb 14-Mar 14, but the advisor tells me late February or first week of March for a Dallas delivery. Hope to see a VIN soon.
Houston here.
when did you originally order?
I put my order for an X in Nov last year and unmatched my vin in Dec to wait for the refreshed X. My account shows Feb 17-Mar 17 before the refresh came out.
My advisor called yesterday to put the request to move to the new car and couldn't say when I will get it.
My account still has old price and pic.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Does anyone know if there is a sunroof option? (the kind that slides open and you can feel the air rushing over the car through the open sunroof?)
Also, will there be a seven seat option?
No sunroof. Ironically the sunroof was called the panoramic roof, unlike the very panoramic all glass which is just called glass. Also ironic that the roadster is not a roadster but a 2+2 targa.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
Computer uses sensor pack to select what it feels is the proper gear selection. Driver takes a look before starting out, then, if the selection is correct, presses on the accelerator.

If the selection is not what the driver wants, they simply press the gear selector buttons on the center console to over ride the computer to get the gear they desire.

Pretty simple and straight forward. No more work than needing to use a stalk currently to push up or down to select the desired gear.

Just like currently where you need to push a button to open your garage door before exiting your garage. Car may engage reverse gear, but driver need to make sure the garage door is indeed open before pressing on the accelerator.

No sunroof. Ironically the sunroof was called the panoramic roof, unlike the very panoramic all glass which is just called glass. Also ironic that the roadster is not a roadster but a 2+2 targa.
I believe this is a chicken vs egg situation. As I recall. The sunroof was called a panoramic roof in comparison to the original solid roof. Later, came the all glass roof (standard)
I had a 2017 90D with a panoramic roof (+$2,000) mainly because it was the only way to get XM radio. Found that built in streaming options were better.
When I switched to a 2018 100D, I skipped the sunroof. Happy I did. Quieter, improved headroom...
DC75752D-D8E3-42D4-84E1-AB93B0523EA3.jpeg

Well that will save me a lot cash. Maybe Porsche or some other company will present enough competition to force Tesla's hand to restore such a basic option. Until then I'll just enjoy my 2012!

What about more colors or custom colors?

My sales advisor told me yesterday that the factory resumed production last week. My reservation says Feb 14-Mar 14, but the advisor tells me late February or first week of March for a Dallas delivery. Hope to see a VIN soon.
Curious if you ordered MCR again .Can edit my order now and considering Pearl. Afraid I will miss Red but 12+ year of one color might be to long. 2014 pre AP model S has been great.

Computer uses sensor pack to select what it feels is the proper gear selection. Driver takes a look before starting out, then, if the selection is correct, presses on the accelerator.

If the selection is not what the driver wants, they simply press the gear selector buttons on the center console to over ride the computer to get the gear they desire.

Pretty simple and straight forward. No more work than needing to use a stalk currently to push up or down to select the desired gear.

Yes, it is "more work." Today, drivers can reach and operate the gearshift control without looking at the stalk. With the new system, you have to wait for the computer to decide something, turn your attention to a screen, read the indicator, notice if that is or is not what you want, and then turn your attention to where the new shift buttons will be to select one, and then press that (if I understand it correctly). That is more mental effort, and more opportunities for errors. From a human factors viewpoint, it seems like a step backwards from the tried and true approach in place today -- and apparently all to save a few bucks on the cost of the stalk assembly on the steering column. Not an advance, in my opinion.

Does anyone here have an idea how long the operating manuals trail the release of new/extensively updated models? I would love to read the factory's description of how some of these features function. Until then, or we get some cars to drive, all of our speculations necessarily make assumptions based on rumors. Admittedly some originate with Mr Musk, but at best are a little vague to common folk like me. The manuals will presumably be vetted by the designer (intent), technician/users (experience) and lawyers (what one can and cannot say). Of course the hands on experience will trump them all.

Does anyone here have an idea how long the operating manuals trail the release of new/extensively updated models? I would love to read the factory's description of how some of these features function. Until then, or we get some cars to drive, all of our speculations necessarily make assumptions based on rumors. Admittedly some originate with Mr Musk, but at best are a little vague to common folk like me. The manuals will presumably be vetted by the designer (intent), technician/users (experience) and lawyers (what one can and cannot say). Of course the hands on experience will trump them all.

I have searched for it, but cannot find it yet.