Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 85kWH battery for my 2013 P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They might have a loaner for me tomorrow. I just hope I can make it.
View attachment 635998

Sorry to see that. I think charging complete at 31 miles probably means you'll need a new and improved main battery. Starting more than a year ago, the improved main batteries should prevent that fault from occurring (according to Tesla).

Since yours is a 2013, I think there's a good chance you will be receiving the new improved battery.

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
Mine's been there a week and they still haven't told me anything. Not even whether they're changing the battery.

I did get a loaner so it's not too big of a deal if it takes a while. It's a standard M3 with autopilot, locked in chill mode. Autopilot is a neat trick but I'd much rather drive my car.

Reactions: SmartElectric
My 2014 85 with 70k miles and 252 rated range at 100% was still looking great. I washed it the other day, plugged it in for a few hours, took it for a drive, and got "car may not restart", "car needs service", and then after I stopped, "unable to drive, voltage too low". Had to have it towed to the service center, took them two days to diagnose, and the told my the HV pack needs replacement under warranty. They ordered Part 1088815-01-D Remanufactured pack. Charge level was 57% when it died.

I feel stupid for taking good care of my battery now, but at least it's all on their dime.

Just got mine back. Towed in the night of the 7th, done on the 19th. Not too bad for turnaround time considering the weather. My reman pack shows 206 miles at 80% so nothing to complain about yet.

Haven’t supercharged, but I saw them charging it on the app before I picked it up and it was pulling 26kw with the battery at 86% so definitely not any worse than the new normal.

Hi, guys,

I had my Model S85 (Dec 2014) with a series of warnings and failures from BMS. After two weeks in SC they concluded that they could not get the errors reproduced after checking all the wires and connectors for HV circuit. So they asked my to take the car back home.

I did two weeks ago, and when I got inside the car and was about to drive back home (500km.... from Madrid to Seville in Spain) a checked the messages log to discover that new messages had appeard that night in the SC. So the took the car in the workshop again. Luckily they lend me a loaner (M3 long range with AP).

They confirmed that the failure was in the HV battery pack, and ordered a 1088815-01-D 85kWh 400V reman pack for my car. It was almost ready last friday when the were going to pressurize the coolant circuit and one connector failed and there was a coolant leak....I could not believe it. They have ordered the connector and the car IS SUPPOSED to be ready tomorrow.....we shall see...

My original pack was giving me 360km typical rage, and would not charge over 60kW at SuCs. I am very interested to check what numbers I get with the "new" pack. I took a few screenshots from the Tesla app while the car was in the workshop and could see that the range was around my previous range (350 km) with the "new" pack, but with the cold symbol and the values changed a lot from time to time. They told me over the phone that those numbers were not accurate or real until they finish the installation of the pack. Please see screenshots.

I will let you know what real numbers I get once I have the car and are able to supercharge.

Regards,
Pedro

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210218-155322_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218-155322_Tesla.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20210218-171355_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218-171355_Tesla.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20210218-181650_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218-181650_Tesla.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20210218-165018_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218-165018_Tesla.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20210218-162326_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218-162326_Tesla.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 71
Mine's been there a week and they still haven't told me anything. Not even whether they're changing the battery.

I did get a loaner so it's not too big of a deal if it takes a while. It's a standard M3 with autopilot, locked in chill mode. Autopilot is a neat trick but I'd much rather drive my car.

Fingers crossed. I’m dealing with the Puerto Rico new center, that can’t give me a loaner or Uber credits yet unfortunately. But better than shipping my car back to Florida I suppose

Just did the quick calculations. At 90% it says 381km and I checked the capacity via the energy app. It said 303 Wh/km would give a range of 255 km at 90% which should be around 85 kWh. So that all seems very good and much better than the old battery.

I have not checked the acceleration yet, but given it is a Ludicrous I'm a little concerned about the 350V. The P85DL draws 1500 amps at 400V to give 600kW before the voltage drop :) In order for this to happen with the 350V it needs to draw something like 1715 amps and will the voltage drop on a 350V be more agressive than on a 400V? I think the P100DL draws around the 1700 amps, but is everything in the P85DL capable of handling the extra 15%? I want the performance, but not if it come with a smell of burnt electronics :)

Hi from Ireland!

July 2014 P85+ with 106,500km and have just got these errors.
Car had no symptoms, my regular charge to 99% showed a 464km typical range. my factory battery is the 85 kWh 400VDC version (part number 1014114-00-D) and serial number T14F0045264.

Everything normal, plugged in to charge at home and noticed it stopped charging at 64%. then got the maximum battery charge level reduced, no regen and significantly reduced performance.

Tesla over the air diagnostic confirmed HV Battery replacement required.
Part ordered, so will update how it goes.
I expect it to take 2 weeks to arrive and then 3 days in the Service Centre according to Tesl.

I will try to get a Scan My Tesla and ODB2 adapter cable and ODB2 reader for the weekend. The I will see if I can document a Supercharger session and some acceleration runs to see what kind of power it delivers. My butt-ometer tells me it is more than Insane mode, but if it is Ludicrous or not I don't know. The grip has been an issue with the few runs I've done so far.

I will try to get a Scan My Tesla and ODB2 adapter cable and ODB2 reader for the weekend. The I will see if I can document a Supercharger session and some acceleration runs to see what kind of power it delivers. My butt-ometer tells me it is more than Insane mode, but if it is Ludicrous or not I don't know. The grip has been an issue with the few runs I've done so far.
No need to use SMT, TeslaLogger alone is fine to record charging sessions

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-16 um 10.32.55.png

I'm actually most interested in finding out if the battery is capable of delivering power enough for the Ludicrous, the Supercharging is secondary to me, although I expect it to be much better than the old battery.
Well, for lots of people the reduced Supercharging speed is a huge problem. Do it for public knowledge and the greater good :)

Back to topic: finally very good news that this 14of16 remanufactured 100 pack is finally available in Europe.

Reactions: gmo43
If I buy a Tesla in Norway and import it to Denmark the Tesla warranty is not affected at all, many Swedes and Danes have done so. The Norwegians has 5 years and 100.000 km warranty by law where Denmark and EU? have 4 years and 80.000 km.

From the start the Country Manager for Tesla has been the same person for Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Started out with a Dane and is now a Norwegian.

The reason that Tesla ships directly too Norway and not via the Nederlands like for the rest of Europe, is only because of tax and customs. Norwegian cars are certified according to EU standards.

For a US company Norway is still oversees like the rest of Europe. I can't see any reason why there should not have been a EU car that have received the new battery starting in the same period.

Last edited: