Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New autopilot video Fresh model 3 owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Useless driver just hanging out on the passing lane. Actually I will be doing that as well to save battery but I'll put a Student Driver sticker on thr back bumper.

Can't decide if I want "Student Driver" or "Autopilot Beta Testing Vehicle with Frequent Stops and or Sudden Stops". I plan to use AP 90% of the time.

• Funny
Reactions: DR61 and xav-
I really really do not like the display being over to the right. Much prefer it through the steering wheel.
AND @jelloslug

Been playing with a free iPhone app that has been fun to use. If I weren't pursuing an aftermarket HUD like NAVDY or Carloudy, I just might just put my iPhone up against my windshield and use this app. Pro version is only $3.99 and gives more functionality. The app is classified as a navigation program because routes can be put in and followed on the GPS map it has. But the BOLD speed display and a warning sound when speeding, is kind of cool.

The app is called "Speedometer 55 Start. GPS Box".

There are tons of speed related apps in the App Store, and probably the Google Play Store, that might serve your purpose and they are FREE.

I just do not understand why Tesla does not include HUD as standard! After having it in my last two cars I never look at the dash instrumentation anymore. There are add on apps that work with a phone or tablet but that seems hooky for an expensive car.
Clearly its a cost/time-saving measure. I'm sure a HUD will be available in Teslas in the future, but for now they are focusing on just getting the damn car out the door in volume.

Personally I could care less where the instrumentation is in the car, as long as it's *somewhere* in the front. I'm adaptable in that way I guess.

Reactions: Runt8
I really really do not like the display being over to the right. Much prefer it through the steering wheel.
How do you know this until you drive the Model 3 yourself?
I thought the same thing when I first got my Prius and had to look towards the middle of the dashboard.
Now I cannot stand driving my wife's car where I have to look thru the steering wheel. I'm just going to wait before deciding.

That sound system sounds pretty good through my headphones, I'm not going to be able to get that simple bass-line and syncopated high-hat out of my head now. However, on a more real note, that watch is terribly disgusting.