Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Cars DO NOT have AP3 (Hardware3!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What trim did you order? There's this theory that only SR(+) is getting the 2.5 hardware now, and I don't think anyone has definitively stated they have 2.5 built after April 12 with a LR model. But most people who post about it don't actually mention what trim they have, so it's hard to know for sure.
Sorry I forgot to include that info in my post. It's a SR+. Are there any confirmed LR models built after May 15 that got HW3? I don't see any logic in putting HW3 inside all LR cars (many of them will never use FSD), but have HW2.5 in SR+ that were ordered with FSD. It's a waste of money and resources. And don't imagine that they have enough mobile rangers for replacing the AP computers in a timely manner for those who ordered FSD - I have been waiting for 15 days to be contacted by a mobile ranger to schedule a repair on our Model S... They can barely attend to the current needs of a very fast growing number of Tesla cars on the road. I highly doubt they will be done replacing the AP computers for all those who ordered FSD by the time they launch Model Y.

If you custom order a new car at full price, you expect to be the only person who has driven it (other than moving it from factory to truck, etc). Clearly this was not the case. It's obviously a returned car or loaner, even MORE reason to have a discount applied for the mileage. I'm a little gobsmacked you can't understand why that's a big deal to some people.

If only you knew what happens “behind the scenes” so to speak.

Any “new” vehicle is driven by a number of people ... everyone from the QA guy to the delivery person to the salesperson to the porter to the PDI guy to the detailer to even other folks on a test drive have farted in that driver’s seat before you ever see that car.

If you think it’s pristine, think again ....

Is THAT the "emissions mode" Easter Egg people keep talking about?!?

Emissions mode is even worse after eating Easter eggs. Something about sulphur ....

But seriously, it’s absolutely normal for a dozen+ people to have driven a “new” car before delivery. It isn’t nearly as “pristine” as one would think ...

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I think you need to take into account the fact that Tesla won’t be able to dedicate all the ranger and SC resources to this project.

I did.

That's why I had rangers only doing 3 a day, even though it's a 30 minute job.

And SCs only doing 5 a day even though they can work on 3-5 cars at the same time

If Rangers were doing it as a full time job they ought be able to do at least 8 a day including travel times- meaning the entire S/X fleet would be done in about 5 days instead of 15.... and the SCs would be done with the 3 fleet in 2-3 weeks instead of 8.

• Helpful
Reactions: b t c
If you custom order a new car at full price, you expect to be the only person who has driven it (other than moving it from factory to truck, etc). Clearly this was not the case. It's obviously a returned car or loaner, even MORE reason to have a discount applied for the mileage. I'm a little gobsmacked you can't understand why that's a big deal to some people.
lol this is a 35-60k dollar car. It's nothing special, and they produce 5-9k of these a month. Plenty of people have sat in, farted in, leaned on, and driven it before you ever see it.

lol this is a 35-60k dollar car. It's nothing special, and they produce 5-9k of these a month. Plenty of people have sat in, farted in, leaned on, and driven it before you ever see it.

the car is the same price as a new 5 series... it is not "nothing special".
People have some sort of twisted idea about what they buy.
Maybe that's why everyone pays off a car loan to afford luxury they cannot otherwise afford, hm?

• Informative
Reactions: mcorf
the car is the same price as a new 5 series... it is not "nothing special".
People have some sort of twisted idea about what they buy.
Maybe that's why everyone pays off a car loan to afford luxury they cannot otherwise afford, hm?
A new 5 series is 53k, a new Tesla is 35k.

And a new base model 5 series really isn’t something special either IMHO

You should return this car too and order again. By the way, be cautious if they promise you something to keep the car. On 28 Feb 2019, Tesla lowered vehicle prices by $3,000. At the time, buyers who had not taken delivery yet could cancel and reorder for $3,000 cheaper but Tesla said, don't worry, we will give you free AP or FSD instead. Then Tesla backtracked. These people still have the emails and they are still trying to get what was promised. See the news from yesterday here.

Wow, scumbag move on Tesla’s part. Good call on the cancelling advice

Reactions: OPRCE