Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Delivery date for non-owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My “First Production” model delivery just slipped out 3 months. Was Feb-Apr. Now it is May-Jul. Dual Motor is Late 2018. Standard battery $35k model is Early 2019. (1st day res, not a Tesla owner, Miami FL) I fully expected this based on the obvious slow ramp up. Still, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people tonight.

Reactions: DAMON FELKER
From the sounds of the conference call they are now waiting for new robotics from Germany (machines are working there unlike apparently ones Tesla was promised here to do the assembly that weren't working out). Elon said will have to be disassembled, shipped here, and reassembled so yep bottleneck in production ramping. In the meantime they are doing semi-automated assembly from what I understood. Really too bad.

• Informative
Reactions: DAMON FELKER
From the sounds of the conference call they are now waiting for new robotics from Germany (machines are working there unlike apparently ones Tesla was promised here to do the assembly that weren't working out). Elon said will have to be disassembled, shipped here, and reassembled so yep bottleneck in production ramping. In the meantime they are doing semi-automated assembly from what I understood. Really too bad.
I didn't listen to the earnings call. These new robots are for Fremont, or for Gigafactory?

Non Owner until last Saturday and bumped from Feb - Apr to May - Jul. Standard range to early 2019 and AWD to late 2018. However, now that I am an owner, once it is registered and I register it on the site with my account I will move to have me bumped up to the owner group.