Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW EAP Trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a new Autopilot trial.

"The Enhanced Autopilot trial provides you with the opportunity to experience our latest driver assistance features for 30 days, at no cost. This includes access to Navigate on Autopilot (Beta), Autosteer, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, Auto Lane Change, Summon and Autopark.

By opting into the trial, you'll be able to activate (or disable) the full suite of Enhanced Autopilot functionality from your car's touchscreen.

During your trial, this upgrade is available to purchase at the reduced price of $5,500. One week after your trial ends, the price of Enhanced Autopilot will return to $7,000."

Tesla

My question is will this go to existing customers also? I was not able to get EAP when I purchased but now am in a different position. I'm not paying $7,000 for it, that's a bit extreme. I would have paid $6,000 but would not have liked it. Now with this new program, I would jump on $5,500.

I already did the 14 day trial back in early September. Do you guys think people in my position will qualify?

According to this, you do not qualify for the new trial if you've had a previous trial: Enhanced Autopilot Trial
"Owners who have not already purchased Enhanced Autopilot or experienced an Enhanced Autopilot trial, will qualify for the 30-day trial."

But, I'm in the same boat, didn't purchase after the last trial, but would like to purchase it now. I've sent a message to Tesla to ask if it's possible I can get it for the current trial price.

Reactions: radiocycle
Yes it is disappointing that earlier owners who never got a chance to even test drive the car only get a 14 day trial and no warning about a price increase (even though we were told it would be $6k). Now newer owners who could take test drives to help decide on the original $5k price get a 30 day trial and have notice of this $7k price during the offer of $5.5k.

According to this, you do not qualify for the new trial if you've had a previous trial: Enhanced Autopilot Trial
"Owners who have not already purchased Enhanced Autopilot or experienced an Enhanced Autopilot trial, will qualify for the 30-day trial."

I was thinking the same. Seems like Tesla would want to get the new features out to everyone to entice them to purchase. Experiencing it for 14 days is a bit lacking. I could see people getting addicted to it in 30 days.

I was just thinking the new functions were starting to get to the point I didn't mind spending $5,000 for it. I can accept the $500 penalty for waiting but $2,000 is asking too much.

Missed the earlier trial, received car 9/29. Don't even have 42.x yet, still on 39.7. Having said that, I think a 30 day trial is an excellent selling device. If you get to try it for that long and use it, my guess is you'll likely buy it.

I just spent an hour on hold just to specifically ask the question if I had already did the 14-day trial a few months ago will I have an opportunity to do the new autopilot trial... the rep said my car should get it. Hopefully this saves someone an hour because their hold time is ridiculous.

Fingers crossed that’s true. I was on the fence during the initial trial but with drive on nav and the impending increase to $7k for EAP I might have to pull the trigger.

I’m on 42.4 and received the trial. I tried it out. Took a Trip 145 miles away and to and from work and am not getting any nav auto pilot prompt. I live in Tucson and perhaps there just haven’t been enough drivers. I like it but 5.5 is way too much for me at this point. Maybe 2K? With all the new drivers you might think someday it would drop not increase in price.

I just spent an hour on hold just to specifically ask the question if I had already did the 14-day trial a few months ago will I have an opportunity to do the new autopilot trial... the rep said my car should get it. Hopefully this saves someone an hour because their hold time is ridiculous.

Fingers crossed that’s true. I was on the fence during the initial trial but with drive on nav and the impending increase to $7k for EAP I might have to pull the trigger.

I did the same thing and got the same answer. But in only 18 minutes. Hoping for 30 days of version 9! And a subscription plan, because $5500 all at once is nuts.

I'm in the same boat too. I got bounced all over the place to get an answer, Customer Service, they told me to call sales, than they told me to contact my original sales adviser. Took 2 painful hours to get no answer. No one really knew. I ended up emailing my adviser and at least in writing, she responded that I am eligible for the new autopilot. I am on 42.3.

Screwed myself out of the trial or lazy UI programming?

Firmware 42.2 updated last week. This morning I get the trial pop up on the touch screen. It would not go away by itself. No X button. Only way to get rid of it was to click the small print about not wanting to try EAP. This led to next window about ending your trial. What?!

I had no choice but to say End as I needed my screen for the drive. It had to reboot so it seemed like something really was activated with AP?

I want to hold off trial for a year or two, timing it with hopefully another discount.

After all that I scraped my front bumper on a low drive way. Haha.