Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW EAP Trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You had from the time you picked up your car all the way until last week to buy it at the lower price. It isn't Tesla's fault that you didn't take advantage of it during that time.

After the first trial I was doing overtime to save up the 6K, which I was willing to spend. I didn't want to put any on credit. Then without notice, it goes up to 7K and again, I'm short.

You're correct, my lack of purchase is not Tesla's fault. The sharp price increases are. A notice to all customers saying the price will be going up on X day would have been nice. Gives people the chance to make a good decision.

Reactions: geometro
I got the trial this morning. I do not have nav on autopilot or autopark though. Autopark might be the only thing that would sell me, well that and summon once it's smart enough to get into and out of my tight garage space.

You had from the time you picked up your car all the way until last week to buy it at the lower price. It isn't Tesla's fault that you didn't take advantage of it during that time.

Untrue, the lowest ever offered deal post delivery was 5500. 5500 is offered now.

@Striker3000s was mainly offered 6000 and now 7000 which is a crock of *sugar*.

After the first trial I was doing overtime to save up the 6K, which I was willing to spend. I didn't want to put any on credit. Then without notice, it goes up to 7K and again, I'm short.

You're correct, my lack of purchase is not Tesla's fault. The sharp price increases are. A notice to all customers saying the price will be going up on X day would have been nice. Gives people the chance to make a good decision.

It's a a mad house at Tesla and no one has authority to just set common place policies.

I would be like....

"Anyone who paid $6,000 is just going to get back $500. Anyone who wants the 5,500 price better get in before 12/31/2018. Last and final chance."

New owners starting Jan 1st, 2019 get trial with car. 14 days for $6,000. After that it's $7,000.

How hard is this?!?

I was just told by email that I would not be getting the trial. Nor could I get the pricing. They will only sell me EAP at $7,000. I asked that it be escalated to someone that could sell me EAP at $5,500 but I assume it will just get lost in the shuffle.

Sad day. I was willing to give them money.
I did the trial for my S some months ago, but never received the trial offer for my 2/1/18 purchased 3 until today. I think Tesla's history is that a customer does not receive multiple free trials although at least one post in this thread suggests otherwise.

Got the software update yesterday and installed last night. It was 2018.42.4 Today the 30 day trial popped up on the screen so we accepted and it installed. Have not tried it yet but will take a drive this weekend and see how it works.

I'm unsure why some view this price change as being any different from others. AWD, paint, EAP, performance have all had unannounced price changes that are met with some minor complaints, and a lot of 'this is just what tesla does, sorry.' It's unfortunate that the timing was not right for you, but I still wouldn't expect Tesla to make an exceptions.

I'm unsure why some view this price change as being any different from others. AWD, paint, EAP, performance have all had unannounced price changes that are met with some minor complaints, and a lot of 'this is just what tesla does, sorry.' It's unfortunate that the timing was not right for you, but I still wouldn't expect Tesla to make an exceptions.

You wouldn't expect Tesla to make exceptions, that's exactly what they did with the performance price change. They are giving people more options. They can get a 5K credit and drop free super charging. The AWD drive price also went from 5K to 4K back to 5K then 6K then back to 5K.

Reactions: geometro
I got the trial yesterday, but when I go to my Tesla account it show the upgrade price as $7000 and not $5500 as it should.

upload_2018-11-7_11-10-18.png