Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 1536 is delivered! And the 4.0 upgrade is waiting to roll in. The green is GORGEOUS (IMO) -- I hadn't seen a green Model S yet, and this color is precisely what I would have ordered custom. Delivered with <10 miles of range, so she's sitting at the (free) Chargepoint charger here at my office. We'll go have fun tomorrow. :) Pics when I get home.

Awesome, and an awesome green color to boot. Congratulations!

Robert, Ben, Troy..or any other massachusetts S driver: have you installed your fastlane/ezpass transponder? any issues going through the tolls? i remember hearing something about the windshield glass interrupting function.

I'm planning on mounting it under my front nose cone. I still haven't gotten it yet (ordered last week). When I get it, I'll post pics on how I do it, and how well it works (or doesn't).

I'm 0 for 2 in getting the EZPass unit to register on the front windshield. I am really hoping this nosecone approach works. Our Service Manger, Matt, tells me that there are license-plate mounted EZPass units, and some new, smaller units. If the nosecone approach doesn't work, I may need to get one of those.

I've had no issues commuting the pike every day with it. I place it to the right of the rear-view mirror.

- - - Updated - - -

See also: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10710-Coated-windshield-impacting-door-openers-and-EZpass?p=219146&viewfull=1#post219146

You actually don't really need to use the transponder at all as long as your registration plate is with EZPass. It's not approved but if you go through without it picking up the tag, they look up the registration in their database and then charge your account. I've had this happen on occasion when I literally forgot I hadn't mounted the EZPass and drove through with a warning light. It probably generates more work for EZPass and they may eventually do something about it if they see it happening all the time but they've never said anything to me.

I've also been in a situation where it didn't read the tag and I was driving a different car of mine. After I got the warning letter to the house with photo, I updated the license plate online, sent them back a print-out of the account with the license plate, and again they just charged the account with the basic fee. Once the charge went through, I changed the license plate back to the regular car. :)

Just want to make sure that folks aren't overly sweating it if it doesn't work out on occasion...

This is a bit of a cross-post (delivery thread), but wanted to be sure I let my Teslachusetts neighbors know of impending delivery and - heck - free coffee.

My NEMA 14-50 was installed yesterday. Just in time:

Amos just called, from the road. He's in an 80 foot truck (Horses Carriage), leaving two Model S's on Long Island today, then to a lucky household in Massachustts by 9am tomorrow. If all goes well, VIN P01845 will arrive at my driveway tomorrow morning, 9am, in a light snowfall. That's Day 1,230 exactly, since I put down that deposit.

And a belated-but-beautiful Sig delivery follows mine, nearby (you know who you are - Congrats!)

Folks, I said it once before and I meant it. I have enjoyed the wait - indeed, it has been the best wait (for a thing, vs a wedding, baby etc) of my life - made all the sweeter, fun, trivial, surprising, nerve-racking, spurious, hilarious, doubtful, joyful, and deeply-appreciated by the good folk on this forum.

Please PM if you are in MA and want to come by for coffee during the delivery at 9am tomorrow. Would love to have you. Just something to do,right? Wll post pics in a delivery thread asap thereafter.

I noticed today my door handles still would not extend automatically this morning. Wait - right - no car yet. That's my Volvo. Ok...

This is a bit of a cross-post (delivery thread), but wanted to be sure I let my Teslachusetts neighbors know of impending delivery and - heck - free coffee.

My NEMA 14-50 was installed yesterday. Just in time:

Amos just called, from the road. He's in an 80 foot truck (Horses Carriage), leaving two Model S's on Long Island today, then to a lucky household in Massachustts by 9am tomorrow. If all goes well, VIN P01845 will arrive at my driveway tomorrow morning, 9am, in a light snowfall. That's Day 1,230 exactly, since I put down that deposit.

And a belated-but-beautiful Sig delivery follows mine, nearby (you know who you are - Congrats!)

Folks, I said it once before and I meant it. I have enjoyed the wait - indeed, it has been the best wait (for a thing, vs a wedding, baby etc) of my life - made all the sweeter, fun, trivial, surprising, nerve-racking, spurious, hilarious, doubtful, joyful, and deeply-appreciated by the good folk on this forum.

Please PM if you are in MA and want to come by for coffee during the delivery at 9am tomorrow. Would love to have you. Just something to do,right? Wll post pics in a delivery thread asap thereafter.

I noticed today my door handles still would not extend automatically this morning. Wait - right - no car yet. That's my Volvo. Ok...

Awesome, I'll see what I can do about being there!

I'm 0 for 2 in getting the EZPass unit to register on the front windshield. I am really hoping this nosecone approach works. Our Service Manger, Matt, tells me that there are license-plate mounted EZPass units, and some new, smaller units. If the nosecone approach doesn't work, I may need to get one of those.
Turns out that my EZPass's battery had died, so discard these observations from the data set.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Good luck getting any sleep tonight. Sorry that I can't be there.

Wish I could come. I'm still waiting for my poor car to bum a ride across the country. She's been ready to ship for days now, with her electronic thumb out, but no luck hitching a ride...could be because she doesn't have her towel.

I thought I'd get delivery ahead of Robert and Jim, but alas not. Still convinced delivery order is based on number of TMC posts!

Enjoy your rides, gentlemen.