Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello New England TMC.

Model 3 reserver and Model S and X enthusiast. Wanted to just stop in and say hello, been checking out the site since word of the Model 3 started to go around early spring. Was often on the TM site configuring a Model S but other priorities require that I hold off on a vehicle purchase of that range.

Hoping to get in to the TS to get a test drive of the S but they can't accommodate test drives on the weekend unless I'm ready to buy a vehicle in the next month and a half I was told.

Anyhow, happy to see thriving New England group and look forward in what's to come from Tesla.

Omarti:
I had test drives for well over 1 year BEFORE I ordered my Model S. Just saying' ... I would go to your local Tesla store or event and schedule a test drive. Tesla has events all the time....

Also, to be frank, this is NOT a thriving New England section.... based upon the huge number of cars just arriving at the Milford, CT service center, there should be at least 20+ (conservative) Connecticut new members here on TMC but there are not. I think TMC probably has less than 1% of all Model S and X owners as active contributors....

And I may be optimistic with that figure.

You are going to have a long wait for the Model 3.... remember the East Coast will get the cars last. They will roll out from West to East as I recall.

Hey ArtInCT,

Thanks for the breakdown. My enthusiasm is probably getting the better of me with the word thriving:)

I am definitely seeing more Tesla's in the area though. Spotted a Black S in my neighborhood, I yielded to see it go by (must've thought I was crazy). Saw a Silver metallic on Mass Ave. going on to the Mass Pike the other day. Also Spotted a Blue one in Kenmore Sq. Along with a few other sightings on Rt. 24 as well as the Chestnut Hill Area off of Rt.9.

I plan to stop by the closest Tesla Store to me (Dedham) some time soon even without a scheduled test drive I figure I could get up close. Hoping that I can drag the Mrs. along, because seeing is believing. She could care less at the moment or that is what she wants me to believe. One way or another though I will get a test drive eventually, just need to coordinate the schedule.

Yes, I realized when I placed the order for the 3 that the East would get their Cars last but I guess I am a bit of an optimist because I kept/keep telling myself that I'll get my model 3 before the rest of the world:D.

Reactions: Jurnimon
Hi EdA,

I guess it's more appropriate to say South of Boston, I've always said South Shore ever since I lived in Randolph about 10 years back. I live about 15-20 minutes further down 24 now. Dedham Store ends up being about 10 minutes closer according to Google Maps, although I would go to either location for a Saturday test drive. Looks like either location stands a good chance of getting the Mrs. to go with me to the store if I suggest we go shopping at one of those locations and then say, "oh looky here a Tesla Store" :rolleyes: Ha, who am I fooling jig is up as soon as I say "lets go shopping" and it's not tech involved!

Hoping to get in to the TS to get a test drive of the S but they can't accommodate test drives on the weekend unless I'm ready to buy a vehicle in the next month and a half I was told.
Well, they're not going to charge you for the test drive, or make you sign a "commitment to buy", are they? You're thinking about buying in a month, but you need a test drive. Need to go home and think about it. Oops, I changed my mind. Having said that, after taking the drive, it's hard to resist buying one!

Not to judge a book by it's cover, but in the past, I've seen some pretty young kids taking test drives at Natick that sure didn't look like they could afford the car.

Yeah that was my thought after the call. They caught me a bit off guard as the call came in while I was driving and didn't expect that to be the reason why I couldn't get a Saturday test drive. I figured they are just pretty booked for a month or two on weekends and could probably just schedule it that far out but they didn't bite. I'll get in there one way or another and get that test drive. I think I might not be pushing it to much because as you say, it might be pretty hard to resist once I do take that test drive.

Any local events coming up any time soon? Any folks participate in local parades or anything. I know there is a Corvette owners club that participate in local parades (Stoughton is one of them) on the 4th of July. Would be cool to see Tesla's rolling down the parade route with no ICE noise.

Any local events coming up any time soon? Any folks participate in local parades or anything. I know there is a Corvette owners club that participate in local parades (Stoughton is one of them) on the 4th of July. Would be cool to see Tesla's rolling down the parade route with no ICE noise.
Several 80edays teams passed through New England today. Team Switzerland1 and Team USA stopped at my house for some juice which I happily supplied from my solar panels. Sadly they didn't know their schedule ahead of time with much accuracy so it was hard to organize an event when they passed through.

Reactions: omarti
For those people interested.....at the Seal Cove Auto Museum up near Acadia National Park there is an event they are having on steam and electric vehicles from the past and what the future holds. I am very excited to happen to be up there at that time. For anybody else looking at going this should be a real fun and learning event about the history of electric cars !!!!

Several 80edays teams passed through New England today. Team Switzerland1 and
Team USA stopped at my house for some juice which I happily supplied from my solar panels. Sadly they didn't know their schedule ahead of time with much accuracy so it was hard to organize an event when they passed through.

Hi Henry, long time no talk, I still remember when I stopped by at your house in the middle of the night with my wife and 2 boys and you helped us...Curious any plans to upgrade your battery on the roadster? too expensive probably...

best,
Ciprian

For those people interested.....at the Seal Cove Auto Museum up near Acadia National Park there is an event they are having on steam and electric vehicles from the past and what the future holds. I am very excited to happen to be up there at that time. For anybody else looking at going this should be a real fun and learning event about the history of electric cars !!!!
Going (getting going a little late)

Hi Henry, long time no talk, I still remember when I stopped by at your house in the middle of the night with my wife and 2 boys and you helped us...Curious any plans to upgrade your battery on the roadster? too expensive probably...

best,
Ciprian
Ciprian it's nice to hear from you! I only just now saw your post. Your boys were very polite and well behaved for their age. I'm sure our paths will cross again because I want to hear more of your interesting stories. Some day I'll stop at your house for some "juice".

I plan to upgrade my Roadster battery but not for another year or more. The one I have is still in excellent condition after 5 years and 44,000 miles.

Best,
Henry

Looking for a destination on September 11th? Come to our Electric Vehicle Expo at the New London, NH Historical Village. We'll have several Model S's and a Model X on display - alongside BMW, BYD, Chevy & Nissan - plus electric bicycles, a 1927 antique EV, and presentations on rooftop solar for EV owners who want to charge with 100% renewable energy. Free admission, free refreshments and free raffle. Hope to see you there! National Drive Electric Week Event - New London

Reactions: Nikxice and tga