Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW JERSEY First Energy/JCP&L Charging Incentives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

So I emailed Tesla--several times--and asked them to register....
I have heard / read (but no first hand source) that the actual reason is because Tesla refuse to allow 3rd parties into their charging network to access the data required for these charger rebate programs. This may or may not be true, but it makes more sense to me as being the actual reason.

@Joey D Once you added "JCP&L Connection" to your Chargepoint account, how long did it take for JCP&L to acknowledge the connection and start to account for it?

Also how do I go about switching your plan from RS to RT. I called JCP&L and was bounced around different departments that did not seem to know how to handle it.

Any help is much appreciated.

If I recall correctly, the connection was quick. However, it took a couple of months for them to start to account for it. (The application is reviewed and they have to accept you into the program after everything is in order.)

I had to call customer service to request to be changed to RT billing. That was a bit of a mess. I called...they said they would call me back in a week or so to "discuss it". When they didn't call back...I called them back and they said I was already scheduled that day to have the meter changed out.

Then they changed the meter...but they didn't change my rates to RT rates. I had to call them back again and finally get the rates changed.

For the meter and rates...try and get the department that installed new service or "upgrades" service...It's somewhere in the JCP&L phone menu / maze if I recall.

If I recall correctly, the connection was quick. However, it took a couple of months for them to start to account for it. (The application is reviewed and they have to accept you into the program after everything is in order.)

I had to call customer service to request to be changed to RT billing. That was a bit of a mess. I called...they said they would call me back in a week or so to "discuss it". When they didn't call back...I called them back and they said I was already scheduled that day to have the meter changed out.

Then they changed the meter...but they didn't change my rates to RT rates. I had to call them back again and finally get the rates changed.

For the meter and rates...try and get the department that installed new service or "upgrades" service...It's somewhere in the JCP&L phone menu / maze if I recall.
Thanks, greatly appreciate all the help!