Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New June invites coming “in the next few days”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a similar screen for up here in Washington. I even tried changing my zip code to the same as the Seattle delivery and it still would only give me the option of delivery at home. I wonder if this is default for everyone and once our delivery date gets closer there will be more communication about it and the possibility of picking up at a delivery center.
When I originally ordered my S back in 2016, it also mentioned home delivery. After a few weeks, it was updated to show the local Service Center.

Honestly, I would've been glad to have home delivery since it would be a unique experience. Also, the Service Center at the time was way overcrowded and deliveries were done by pulling a curtain to separate a bay or two from the other bays.

You can't pick # 4--yet. Only PUP cars are available. At least that's what I'm seeing--if anyone sees that #4 option, please speak up!

4, 5, 8, and 9 all are NO PUP configs. I'd expect #4 to start shipping this fall. But I was asking just to confirm that no PUP isn't an option still. I don't have the option to check the configurator myself.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy
I had a similar screen for up here in Washington. I even tried changing my zip code to the same as the Seattle delivery and it still would only give me the option of delivery at home. I wonder if this is default for everyone and once our delivery date gets closer there will be more communication about it and the possibility of picking up at a delivery center.

I am having it delivered in Colorado and when I updated the zip code it selected the closest service center.

4, 5, 8, and 9 all are NO PUP configs. I'd expect #4 to start shipping this fall. But I was asking just to confirm that no PUP isn't an option still. I don't have the option to check the configurator myself.
Confirmed! :) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something, because I'll really want this config and it's probably going to cost me half the tax credit and many more months of waiting. Starting to feel the pain of others on this forum, those who had to wait to configure. Ugh. It sucks.:mad: /vent

Hey, how can you not have access to the configurator? Have you checked?

Glad to hear you made a decision that was best for you. When you need a car, you need a car, there’s no way around it. I was on the fence between the Mercedes CLS and Tesla, glad I made the right choice and bought the Model S, it literally change my life. No more oil changes that cost me $600 a year, gas savings of $150-$200 a month, and freed up a lot of time from pumping gas, maintenance, taking it in the shop, stress, etc. my Lexus cost me about $1k a year for parts and labor once it hit about 100,000 miles, and the LS460!was the highest rated on consumer reports before the Tesla took that title. Never going back to ICE for me.

What year was your Model S?

One of the reasons why I'm generally ok with coming back to Tesla in 3-ish years despite the tax credit being gone is that the Model 3 will likely have had its issues refined, as the Model S did with time.

Still haven't canceled haha.

So, I am confused.

If you are reservation holder that ordered yesterday, your wait is 3-5 months.

If you are a brand new customer without a reservation and you order a Model 3 today, the website says delivery in 4-6 months -- so 1 month after reservation holders.

Did they invite ALL reservation holders yesterday, regardless if they reserved on 4/1/16 or 6/25/18? If so, what was the point of reserving? Looks like the tax credit will fit even within that timeline.

Is that even a feasible timeline though?

Did they invite ALL reservation holders yesterday, regardless if they reserved on 4/1/16 or 6/25/18? If so, what was the point of reserving? Looks like the tax credit will fit even within that timeline.
Presumably priority will be given to earlier reservation holders just like they have always done. The order of production preference has always been about the same:
1. Configuration (LR (initial production), P, LRD, LR later production, SR)
2. Employee, owner, new customer
3. Reservation time and location

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Presumably priority will be given to earlier reservation holders just like they have always done. The order of production preference has always been about the same:
1. Configuration (LR (initial production), P, LRD, LR later production, SR)
2. Employee, owner, new customer
3. Reservation time and location

If someone can confirm what Daniel in SD is saying that'd be great. I'm a 4/1 reservation holder and changed my mind to LR AWD because I saw delivery was exactly the same as LR RWD, was I wrong if I wanted the car earlier? Should I stick w/ RWD??

Long time lurker, first post. I didn't get an e-mail but I can config! Since I only reserved in Feb 2018 I expect everyone with a reservation can now configure.

My delivery estimate was 'late 2018'. I took that to mean Q4 2018 (middle to late in the quarter). Right now my AWD config has a delivery estimate of 3-5 months, so a 1 to 2 month improvement. My guess is this is mostly due to the higher trim level, plus improved production rates and some cancellation effect. I'm sure I'm behind all similar configs with earlier reservation dates.

I haven't pushed the order button, I need to confer with my wife and make a final decision about the Model 3 versus Model X (I prefer the X). While I'm a 'Totally Tesla' stockholder I'm also seriously considering the Jaguar iPace--this makes me wonder if the open configurations are also to lock-in existing reservation holders before the iPace hits our shores.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
I haven't pushed the order button, I need to confer with my wife and make a final decision about the Model 3 versus Model X (I prefer the X). While I'm a 'Totally Tesla' stockholder I'm also seriously considering the Jaguar iPace--this makes me wonder if the open configurations are also to lock-in existing reservation holders before the iPace hits our shores.

I'm also likely canceling my reservation and probably going for a (a completely Anti-Tesla car in every way) lease on a Range Rover Velar (I plan to return to Tesla after lease). As Jaguar Land Rover has a horrible reputation in terms of reliability, I would urge you to consider leasing the iPace over purchasing it haha.

I also looked at it. Its nice, but I think the look is not that great (though the Model X with which it competes is no beauty either). I was just put off by the lack of a charger network, though my Bolt friends tell me that Walmarts and other retailers now have chargers at every location and many like Target are adding them.

Hey, how can you not have access to the configurator? Have you checked?

Shhh, don't tell anybody, but I haven't put in a reservation yet. I plan to wait for the queue to clear and make a decision then. I'll probably be getting the Standard Range version, maybe AWD, not sure on PUP.

Right now a base model 3 costs about 100 shares of TSLA. I'm not sure that I want to sell any TSLA anytime soon but I think that ratio will come down.

My current ride gets the job done, it'll be a splurge when I do pull the trigger on buying a Model 3. But I don't have to make that decision until the standard range base model is flowing freely. Maybe Spring or Summer 2019 I'll have the option to see the configurator without a reservation.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: Troy and Dr. J
So, I am confused.

If you are reservation holder that ordered yesterday, your wait is 3-5 months.

If you are a brand new customer without a reservation and you order a Model 3 today, the website says delivery in 4-6 months -- so 1 month after reservation holders.

Is that even a feasible timeline though?
I had this same thought: If everyone is allowed to order and order date/time ($2500 deposit) is the new queue, why even keep my day 1 reservation? Will it help me in the queue for a standard range?

I was just put off by the lack of a charger network, though my Bolt friends tell me that Walmarts and other retailers now have chargers at every location and many like Target are adding them.

Yeah, charging is a big ref flag for me. There's nothing like the Supercharger network. I asked a dealer "What are Jaguar's plans for charging infrastructure?". His reply was basically: "What?"

I had this same thought: If everyone is allowed to order and order date/time ($2500 deposit) is the new queue, why even keep my day 1 reservation? Will it help me in the queue for a standard range?
I think early res holders will still get priority for a given config, with highest value configs delivered first. If you as an early res holder order the same config as I (late res holder) do, on the same date/time; you will go first. I think even if you order after I do, but before my VIN is assigned, you would get it.

Reactions: Daniel in SD
If someone can confirm what Daniel in SD is saying that'd be great. I'm a 4/1 reservation holder and changed my mind to LR AWD because I saw delivery was exactly the same as LR RWD, was I wrong if I wanted the car earlier? Should I stick w/ RWD??
No one can confirm because I'm just speculating :D
Why would they deliver LR RWD before LR AWD? The only reason I can think of is if they run out of front drive units. They probably make a little bit more money on LR AWD.

No one can confirm because I'm just speculating :D
Why would they deliver LR RWD before LR AWD? The only reason I can think of is if they run out of front drive units. They probably make a little bit more money on LR AWD.
We know they have thousands of LR RWD stockpiled around the country. If they aren't all already spoken for, they could continue to fill new orders for those while building LR AWD cars.

Yeah, charging is a big ref flag for me. There's nothing like the Supercharger network. I asked a dealer "What are Jaguar's plans for charging infrastructure?". His reply was basically: "What?"

I think its safe to assume that Jaguar Land Rover has absolutely no interest in a super charger network.

I don't expect any of the car companies to do what Tesla did with the Super Charger network as its just yet another cost and liability.
I would expect the giants that are moving towards electrics to simply team up with third parties such as Blink. Or, just assume that as Electrics become more popular more and more businesses and residences will have ubiquitous chargers.

If you're going electric, and want it now, I'd say Tesla is the gold standard, followed by the Bolt.

Up till last week I was still getting it, but a few factors changed my mind. I kind of hate myself for changing my own mind (hence why I am still on the boards participating haha) but I will have to make a choice soon.

Shhh, don't tell anybody, but I haven't put in a reservation yet. I plan to wait for the queue to clear and make a decision then. I'll probably be getting the Standard Range version, maybe AWD, not sure on PUP.

Right now a base model 3 costs about 100 shares of TSLA. I'm not sure that I want to sell any TSLA anytime soon but I think that ratio will come down.

My current ride gets the job done, it'll be a splurge when I do pull the trigger on buying a Model 3. But I don't have to make that decision until the standard range base model is flowing freely. Maybe Spring or Summer 2019 I'll have the option to see the configurator without a reservation.
I won't tell anybody! :D