Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One other issue with Tuxmat is the drivers mat looks like a chore to get out for cleaning.
This was a factor in my decision to go with the Maxpiders. A friend of mine has the Tuxmats and they provide better coverage/protection, but they also take 5-10 mins to de-clip and remove, and then another 15-20 minutes to reinstall and re-clip. In contrast, I can remove the Maxpiders, hose them down, dry them with a towel, and reinstall in less than 5 minutes total.

Last edited:
I’ll ask you the same question. It seems you’re assuming they fit properly without having seen them. Have you?
I am not making any assumptions about the fit because I have not seen those mats in a Model 3. I am only stating that since Tesla is selling them, it seems logical that they would have made sure they fit the car that they sell.

Based on your post, you are making an assumption but you haven’t seen them in the car.

I am only stating that since Tesla is selling them, it seems logical that they would have made sure they fit the car that they sel
And we all know that what Tesla does is always logical?;)Anyway, you’re taking my post out of context. I’m sure the dimensions of the mats are such that they will “fit” fine in the M3. Fit can mean different things. I wasn’t referring to will it “fit” within the M3; however, I was comparing the Tesla mats to other mats currently on the market that, in my opinion, are more suitable for the required purpose.

I’ve been waiting on the Tesla mats for the interior to be released and would like to see some pictures of them in an actual car. Anyone purchased these and have pictures of them in their model 3? But I was hoping for the regular weathertech mats like they’ve released for the model S and model X. Based upon what these look like in the Tesla Shop pictures, I may just keep my Lloyd mats like I ordered for my first model 3 while waiting on the Tesla interior mats to be released. They work great and I really like the coverage in the backseat area. If I recall they were just about $100 for the complete set for front and back sets. Here’s a link to some photos I took of them in the model 3.

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3 (post #40)

Have to say I think those Lloyd mats look like bubblewrap and the ToughPro ones I've seen with the hexagonal design remind me of fluorescent light panel covers.

I don't know if these mats are advertised for all-weather or not but without any sides to them imagine snow, dirt, rain water, spilled coffee, etc. getting all over the surrounding areas and even below the mat edges. While I think the Tesla mats might not provide much coverage either they do at least have a small raised edging to them from what we can see on the photos of them. I like Tesla's minimal look in general but in this case function has to supercede form to do the job well. Having a wet, dirty or possibly stained carpet in a beautiful car is not attractive so spoils the form.

Last edited:
Reactions: C141medic
I’ve been waiting on the Tesla mats for the interior to be released and would like to see some pictures of them in an actual car. Anyone purchased these and have pictures of them in their model 3? But I was hoping for the regular weathertech mats like they’ve released for the model S and model X. Based upon what these look like in the Tesla Shop pictures, I may just keep my Lloyd mats like I ordered for my first model 3 while waiting on the Tesla interior mats to be released. They work great and I really like the coverage in the backseat area. If I recall they were just about $100 for the complete set for front and back sets. Here’s a link to some photos I took of them in the model 3.

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3 (post #40)

I like the Lloyd Mats (from Evannex). Just what I was looking for ... never going to snow here, so I'm good :)

Tuxmat is no longer selling to the US. I placed an order yesterday for them and a couple hours later got an e-mail telling me they refunded my order as they are only selling to the Canadian market now. And the Maxpider seem to be out of stock with an unknown date them to be available again.

Tuxmat is no longer selling to the US. I placed an order yesterday for them and a couple hours later got an e-mail telling me they refunded my order as they are only selling to the Canadian market now. And the Maxpider seem to be out of stock with an unknown date them to be available again.

They took money from me on Oct 12th and have not refunded me. But this is on the Trunk Set.

I am off on a trip this week, so I will not be the first one to install the mats that arrived the day before yesterday. The rain usually doesn't arrive until after Halloween. Looking forward to someone posting their pics.

-Randy