Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed the model 3 performance has been updated with better acceleration, range and the has the new Model Y wheels
Looks great
Screenshot_20201016-014914.jpg

Yeah, I see they list it as 3.1 seconds to 60 mph here in the States. So, does this mean my P3D- is now a 3.1s car to 60 after the software update? :D Decent range increase too. I'll have to see what happens after the software update.

Those Überturbine wheels look great!

Lots of changes across the board today for the Model 3!

• Black trim now standard instead of chrome
  • All 3 wheel options are different
  • Range increase across the board for the Model 3 trims (Speculation that this is due to the inclusion of a heat pump and possibly cell chemistry change)
  • Power trunk
  • (Likely) Heated Charge Port
  • Auto Dimming mirrors have returned (since Sept)
  • New interior center console
  • Performance increases for AWD and Performance trims

I've got my M3 SR+ in September and to be honest, only two things I am jealous about is the power trunk and heated steering wheel (If it's true). Other changes not in my favor, specially black trim. I really think for a blue Tesla M3, chrome trim is the best.

Has anyone in Canada with a current order heard anything yet about their M3? I ordered Sept 30 and my account still shows the old version. Im definitely not going to accept delivery unless it's the 2021 version. Im Vancouver for what it's worth.

I had a car coming in Sept, but I told my Tesla Rep, I wanted to wait for the 2021 model, so he held up my delivery date.
He said End of Novermber should be the delivery of the 2021, so he will update my account when he knows for sure.

No wonder the trade-in values for Model 3 was worse then shatty in August. They knew this was coming all along. I feel bad for those who take delivery today or over the last few months. At least for not having the heat pump if they live in the north like me.

No wonder the trade-in values for Model 3 was worse then shatty in August. They knew this was coming all along. I feel bad for those who take delivery today or over the last few months. At least for not having the heat pump if they live in the north like me.

I picked mine up in September. I had seen the rumors of the heat pump, but I felt like with my garage, I can pre-heat the cabin on electric before I leave, and a mechanical heat pump built in the millions in China might just be something else that craps out at some point. I was worried about 'center console refresh' included the screen but looks like it doesn't, so I'm not too worried. And I'm a fan of the chrome on my MSM. Heated wheel & power trunk would've been nice but I didn't want to risk losing out on the incentives when I purchased it (with it being rumored to run out soon). So overall why it kind of sucks I'm so close to the cut off, I don't feel all that bad.

Anyone know how to get trade in value from Tesla on a existing Model 3? A lot of these changes are game changers for me. I bought mine in June 2019, but a lot of these are what I always wanted like heated steering, heat pump, chrome delete, better aero wheels. I also massively regret the white interior, such a mistake to get that.

• Informative
Reactions: Threader
Electrek is saying that the we are finally getting a heated steering wheel but I don't see that on the Tesla web site yet.
Talked to a trusted source at tesla yesterday and they said there is no indication that new cars have a heated steering wheel. At least he 99% confirmed there would be no possibility of retrofit to an older model 3 without making it more viable to trade in. But he's also quite sure the new config does not have a heated steering wheel because the official tesla communication about the updates mentioned nothing about it :(

Anyone know how to get trade in value from Tesla on a existing Model 3? A lot of these changes are game changers for me. I bought mine in June 2019, but a lot of these are what I always wanted like heated steering, heat pump, chrome delete, better aero wheels. I also massively regret the white interior, such a mistake to get that.

the car is still the same, the heat pump got some extra range but surely not something worth 10k over.

The trade in for our 2020 model 3 long range with 7k km, was 57,000. A 17k depreciation. I certainly won’t do it.

Talked to a trusted source at tesla yesterday and they said there is no indication that new cars have a heated steering wheel. At least he 99% confirmed there would be no possibility of retrofit to an older model 3 without making it more viable to trade in. But he's also quite sure the new config does not have a heated steering wheel because the official tesla communication about the updates mentioned nothing about it :(

sounds like no heated steering wheel? according to this Tesla email detailing the changes:

Tesla Email Confirms Model 3 Heat Pump, Details All Changes [LIST] - TeslaNorth.com

Now let's see if Tesla retrofits Power Liftgate into older M3s. That would be a huge seller for them if they price it right! Personally, if it's up to $500, I'll get it.
I'd be surprised if it's that cheap....retrofit would involve running more wiring through the car to power the actuators, and I figure the labor alone would be that much. After market offerings for the powered trunk are like 800 or something like that already without install....but I hope you are right :)

If heated steering wheels aren't coming, and I purchased my Model 3 in September with 593km on it, then the only things I would really care about is the heat pump (sort of, I can survive without it with scheduled departures in my garage and I don't like more mechanical things that can break down) and maybe the powered truck just cause that would be cool. Is it worth what I'll lose in depreciation?