Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to take ownership of my model 3. Was not able to be walked through everything because employees do not want to sit so close in a car with customers at the moment. Had a small problem with my premium connectivity that has been resolved. My only question left is where are my two charging cables. I looked in the console and the glove box but nothing. Are they hiding somewhere else?

Yes, the phone charging cables have not been included for quite some time now. You can either buy them from the Tesla store for $14 a pop or just get generic ones with the same plug configurations.

BTW, welcome to the TMC forums @Jkellar !

Last edited:
Reactions: Slate
Hmm found the charging cord which was in a bag just sitting in the trunk. Nice that it has Velcro on the bottom to keep it from sliding around.

Will check under the truck and frunk tomorrow. Hopefully they didn’t stop including them.

Is there a list out there of the extensive decontenting that's going on w/ the Model 3? AFAIK, off the top of my head:
  1. Dimming side-view mirrors
  2. Interior carpets
  3. Interior door lighting
  4. Grocery bag hooks
  5. HomeLink receivers
  6. 14-50 adapter
  7. 2x USB cables
  8. Miscellaneous nuts & bolts
What else?? Soon they'll just sell us a steering wheel and tell us to piss off

Thank you @BluestarE3 I think I will just buy the wireless charging pad. Appreciate the warm welcome also!

Great idea! I’d also recommend getting a @Navak USB splitter. It’ll get you much more power (2.1amps) to the wireless pad than the included splitter (1amp). Works really well, and built and sold by one of our own!

https://amzn.com/B07Z2KQ719

I was able to take ownership of my model 3. Was not able to be walked through everything because employees do not want to sit so close in a car with customers at the moment. Had a small problem with my premium connectivity that has been resolved. My only question left is where are my two charging cables. I looked in the console and the glove box but nothing. Are they hiding somewhere else?
Mine was in the trunk.

If you get home delivery, the driver is 3rd-party and knows nothing. He handed me my keys, made me sign a paper and that was it. Home delivery is a real crapshoot, since if you have an issue, the only thing the driver can do, is take it back. You'd think the delivery center would go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb before shipping it out. You'd think. Mine came all dusty inside, with bird poop on the outside. And zero SOC. Clearly no one had been in the car since Fremont.

2. Interior carpets
  4. Grocery bag hooks
  5. HomeLink receivers
  6. 14-50 adapter
  7. 2x USB cables
I was wondering why recent model 3 deliveries didn’t have hook covers in the frunk, odd decision to get rid of that. Also, dimming mirrors is also a confusing one.
The plastic dead pedal cover, though i've heard it's not too bad with the mats now.
Which cover are you talking about exactly? I don’t recall the deal pedal having any cover.

Is there a list out there of the extensive decontenting that's going on w/ the Model 3? AFAIK, off the top of my head:
  2. Interior carpets
  4. Grocery bag hooks
  5. HomeLink receivers
  6. 14-50 adapter
  7. 2x USB cables
What else?? Soon they'll just sell us a steering wheel and tell us to piss off

Aren't floor mats still included in the premium interior? They are according to Tesla's website, I think they got rid of the mat in the front trunk though.

Calling it now, the next thing they are probably going to remove is that little tray thats in the center arm rest.

Reactions: Dolemite