Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Cubby Drawer...Outstanding!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once in awhile you are blown away by some little surprise, or something that wildly exceeds your expectations. I just had to give a shout out to Norm, who is a TMC member, who started producing handmade cubby drawers for the Model S. I ordered one for my Model X and it arrived today. Quite frankly I was blown away when I unpacked it. Now I don't know Norm from Adam but I saw a pic of one of his drawers posted on here a few weeks ago and it looked good-- so I asked him if he could make one for my Model X. He said he had not done one for the X and would make sure it would fit, etc. and get back to me. He confirmed fit at his local Tesla showroom for me, in a Model X they had on the floor, and so I ordered one.

I must say the quality is EXCEPTIONAL! Awesome quality feel, and attention to detail that makes it look great in my Model X. It fits perfectly. No exaggeration, this kind of workmanship would be just as "at home" in a Ferrari or other exotic as it is in a Tesla. Pics below...

Again, great work Norm! Best $85 I've spent in a long time. Thanks!

IMG_9984_zpsrq82jsdu.jpg

Front view..."T" handle very well made and very sturdy feeling

IMG_9983_zpsaga5z6j1.jpg

Tesla logo embossed on felt lining...really nice touch!

IMG_9985_zps5o2he803.jpg

Made in America. Embossed here as well. And this Air Force veteran really appreciates that flag here...great touch!

IMG_9991_zps45nfdkij.jpg

Perfect fit that looks first class.

IMG_9989_zpsmv6ep9sj.jpg

Just beautiful.
IMG_9984_zpsrq82jsdu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yet to receive delivery of my X.
Can you describe if this replaces a drawer that is already there?
If not, does this slide on rails that a production X has, that are currently empty?

Under your screen will just be the empty cubby shelf. It is fine for putting things in like glasses/etc. Note, things can flight out of it and clang around a a bit. All S/X cars have had the little cubby slot since start.

This little drawer simply fits into the slot due to its size well, no rails or anything making it permanent. It's a little bowl/basket mainly to be able to hold things in that are a little more loose so you can pull them all out at once.

Norm just shipped mine so looking forward to trying it out too - did the black outside with blue, so will post a pic also as haven't seen one yet.

Can anyone provide a comparison with Carina's Cubby Tray? Similar build/construction?

Can't directly but I'd say:
1. Norms shape seems correct since the cubby isn't exactly symetrical.
2. The handle on his is hard Tesla logo, versus the facric on Carina's, maybe easier to grab.
3. He has the Tesla logo inside (not sure how long he will be allowed to use these, but Tesla doesn't seem to care ;-) )
4. He is in the USA - support an American ;-)
5. There isn't a wait past July/August for his due to backorders or vacation right now.

Can't directly but I'd say:
1. Norms shape seems correct since the cubby isn't exactly symetrical.
2. The handle on his is hard Tesla logo, versus the facric on Carina's, maybe easier to grab.
3. He has the Tesla logo inside (not sure how long he will be allowed to use these, but Tesla doesn't seem to care ;-) )
4. He is in the USA - support an American ;-)
5. There isn't a wait past July/August for his due to backorders or vacation right now.
6. It is not made of cardboard....

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Thanks Norm. Got it in the mail the other day after sending money via paypal. Just showed up unanounced. What a great surprise. It is really quality and fits perfectly. Looks like it was made for the Model X with the Tesla logo handle and Tesla logo inside. I am really happy that I happened upon this. Thanks again Norm.