Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Cubby Drawer...Outstanding!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if I should have created a new thread, but I'm thinking it's not probably necessary.

I just wanted to do a comparison between Carina's Cubby and Norm's Cubby.

Carina's Cubby:
- Lightweight, more simple design, maximum storage, leather flap pull

Norm's Cubby:
- Heavier, more rigid/solid design, slightly more ornate, solid tesla pull

Norm's more rigid design means there are a few millimeters less height inside the cubby, but you'll be happy with either one. Personally, I was totally happy with Carina's before I got Norm's. I do like Norm's a little better, although I have a glasses case that is a bit more snug. You can't go wrong with either, but I think Carina's is sold out till summer and Norm is built in the US. For me, Norm's was cheaper too.

It should be obvious, but Norm's is on the left and Carina's is on the right in the following photos.
HxsKUvU.jpg

a5Ke54b.jpg

jJGwqng.jpg

OrHRy2p.jpg
cGi5ZWa.jpg

You can't currently order Carina's Cubby, but it's expected to be available again July 15. She does this periodically. She stops taking orders when she reaches her maximum, then starts again after the next major holiday.

However, they're similar and are both great (I do have both). I slightly prefer Norm's over Carina's if price were equal. Norms all the way at his lower price.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
I got my Norm's and besides the great workmanship, the delivery was super fast. I have one question though. the drawer is not square at the back. In other words, the two sides are not parallel with each other. I don't have my Model X yet to be able to tell, but is the cubby hole in the X not square as well?

• Informative
I got my Norm's and besides the great workmanship, the delivery was super fast. I have one question though. the drawer is not square at the back. In other words, the two sides are not parallel with each other. I don't have my Model X yet to be able to tell, but is the cubby hole in the X not square as well?

The X and S have the same dimensions and I have a cubby in each - Norm's workmanship accounts for the lack of square. Its slightly wider in the front given the angle of the console.

Attachments

• IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 329
Just an update to show inside color options and new handle option.
The new metal handle can be plain as shown or have Tesla T engraved on it.
Current price including Priority mail is 90.00 for USA orders

Payment can be sent to PayPal [email protected] please include your address, inside color and handle choice.

thanks / Norm

Attachments

• IMG_0911 2.jpg
    IMG_0911 2.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 481