Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it was me. I’d either try to limp it to service depending on how far away it is and if you’d need to drive in the freeway to get there. Or 2 have roadside come and get it. Marking service appointments via the app are usually for times when you need work but your car is still drive able. Yours is not. If you have another car to drive during quarantine. I’d have roadside come get it. That way they can work on it and give you an answer as to what it really is. 12v. No issue. Other major issue. Maybe you do want to return it. Only downside to that is you can’t buy another y for a year I believe.

Reactions: MP3Mike
"The problem with returning the car is if you actually want one. Since you would not be able to order a new one for a year."

I doubt that. There will be plenty of cancellation / delayed acceptance of MY due to this uncertain times.

Why is this OP's problem? Makes it Tesla's problem, they should apologize and jump to find out the problem before the 7 days or extend the return timeline, so OP can decide to keep it or else.

"The problem with returning the car is if you actually want one. Since you would not be able to order a new one for a year."

I doubt that. There will be plenty of cancellation / delayed acceptance of MY due to this uncertain times.

Maybe you should look at the return policy:

Once you have returned your vehicle, the return process is final and may not be cancelled. At this time, we are not able to facilitate vehicle exchanges. If you decide to order another vehicle, you may not order the same trim for a period of 12 months but may order another vehicle in a different trim at any time. However, if you are found to have abused this policy or have acted in bad faith, you will be prohibited from purchasing any vehicle for a period of 12 months.

Why is this OP's problem? Makes it Tesla's problem, they should apologize and jump to find out the problem before the 7 days or extend the return timeline, so OP can decide to keep it or else.

while I agree with this. Many service centers aren’t running at full personnel capacity. So while most of the time we’d put in a request via the app they’d see it and reach out. That’s just not feasible right now.

Tesla “might” change its 7 day return policy but unless you get it in writing from Tesla don’t count on anything. (At this time)

I fully agree these are uncertain times we’re dealing with. But since Tesla hasn’t said anything about any specific changes I’d recommend OP getting his car back to them to diagnose ASAP. Most people have issues and don’t necessarily want to give the car back they just want it fixed. I don’t agree with being heavy handed and threatening “a bring back” especially since they’re short staffed just like all the other “essential” businesses.

Reactions: Electric Steve
Update: Tesla sent me a text message this morning asking me to get the car in first thing in the morning. Car is there now and will let you folks know what they say.

The only contact I had with them was scheduling my Friday appointment via the app. So apparently someone is reviewing the scheduled appointments and escalating them if they are severe.

Update: Tesla sent me a text message this morning asking me to get the car in first thing in the morning. Car is there now and will let you folks know what they say.

The only contact I had with them was scheduling my Friday appointment via the app. So apparently someone is reviewing the scheduled appointments and escalating them if they are severe.

Let us know what you find.

There were a number of early Model 3s that had similar error messages shortly after delivery, typically in the first few hundred miles. Problems ranged from drive unit to battery management, to battery pack itself.

It is not a 12v battery issue, since the contractors close and the high voltage system comes on (ie car drives and AC comes on).

Please give us some follow up when you hear back from the service center!

Reactions: Electric Steve
5C4DF3D3-B47E-4293-9D25-51B994A34EE2.jpeg