Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Price Reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything going on in right now and people getting bent out of shape for a price adjustment. If you agreed to a price and spent your money quit whining and grow up already - surely if you pause and think you can put this in perspective. If you don’t enjoy your Y now put on your big boy pants and suck it up. Sell it if it makes you feel better. Or at least quit whining it’s just gotten to be pathetic. As a wise person once said early in my Air Force career, don’t throw all your toys out of the crib!

I have lost a lot more than $3,000 buying Tesla vehicles. Sometimes I think that it would have been better to wait for the Model Y as I am in no position financially to afford it right now. I just had to trade in my 2016 Blue Tesla Model S P100DL as I could no longer afford the payment. I had to buy a 7-passenger SUV and so I was forced to get a gas burning one as the Model Y was too expensive for my situation.

I paid $70K for a used 2014 Black Tesla Model S in 2014 with no autopilot ($1,200 per month). I leased a $90K Black Tesla Model X 60D in 2016 ($1,065 per month). I paid $90K for a used 2016 Blue Tesla Model S P100DL in 2019 ($1,800 per month). Because of the COVID-19 nonsense, I was able to negotiate with the bank for the black Model S and I was able to lower the payment to $700 per month - so at least I can still drive a Tesla.

However, I look back and remember the amazing years I have had enjoying these vehicles. I fulfilled a childhood dream of driving across the country in an all-electric vehicle with my three youngest children. Life is an adventure and should be enjoyed now. You never know what might happen - I just read that Kelly Preston died at the young age of 57. Money is an illusion. At least your money went to a company that is focused exclusively on producing all-electric vehicles. I know that my money helped pave the way so that the Model Y could be produced for such a cheap price.

You owners of the Model Y are most welcome and I am very jealous. If anyone wants to donate one to me and my family, you would have my undying friendship for life...

Brent

I’m chafed from the price reduction, but still enjoying the car and still dropping 5k on Wednesday to get it wrapped in matte PPF! Who says you can’t put lipstick on a pig

Nice - post pics.

Nobody would ever say to anyone that one can't be miffed about missing out on better pricing - I certainly would be - but for someone to say they will no longer enjoy their car or that they have some kind of entitlement owed them is nuts.

Ask anyone who bought a plasma TV for $10k

New Model Y Price Reduction - The Model Y just received a $3,000 price decrease on the LR AWD.

Here is my dilemma, I have a LR AWD Red with White Interior Model Y that has been on order since January. I just received a text from Tesla 30 minutes ago asking me to schedule my delivery. Do I except the car and lose $3,000, do I order a new car or is there another suggestion??

Just contact Tesla - they're granting the $3K credit to anyone who asks. Mine was done in 5 minutes, and I take MY LR delivery on July 22.

So for example what about someone who bought a Chevy in June with $1,000 incentive and in July it was raised to $2,000? All manufacturers do it.
Those are promotions, no manufacturer changes their MSRP by $3000 dollars 3 months after introduction of a new model.
If Tesla has the budget for $3000 reduction, how about reducing the new price $2500 and use the $500 to send refunds to buyers in the past few months (small fraction of all future sales) - New customers are happy because they still get a discount and existing customers are happy because they got the refund. EVERYONE IS HAPPY. What kind of numbnuts run the marketing/financing at Tesla ?

I have a performance on order and it was $69,990 but I also got FSD at $7,000. So, will they still give me the $1,000 credit for the new price of the performance (59,990)? If I cancel and re-order then the net cost is the same. However, I have the stealth version so I do not want to cancel my order..... Just curious if they would reduce my price by $1000

Just received this text from my delivery advisor

Good evening!

You may have seen the Model Y pricing recently had a decrease of $3,000 for the (AWD) and $1,000 for the (Performance Model).

To get the new pricing I need an email sent to [email protected] that you understand once the new pricing is applied, it can not be retroactively be changed back for any reason.

Base AWD Model Y decreased by $3,000.

Base Performance Model Y decreased by $1,000.

You must send an email that you understand the new pricing.

For those that have Full Self Driving on their current configuration, your new pricing will include the $8,000 price for Full Self Driving.

For example, if you current order of a Model Y (AWD) has Full Self Driving at $6,000, you will get the $3,000 decrease on the base price, but your Full Self Driving will increase to $8000 and the net will be a decrease of a $1,000.

We must put a case in for each client and need an email stating you accept the new pricing.

Without that email and acknowledgement, the current pricing in your account will be honored.

• Informative
Reactions: kevin1 and GenSao
And again Tesla reinforces the idea of ordering in advance or at the initial rollout of a new model is a very bad idea. I ordered my Y a couple days after the reveal in hopes what happened with the 3 didn’t happen to the Y as I thought Tesla would have learned and improved the bad things that happened when the 3 came out. Wrong! Quality issues, goofy production and delivery processes and now the price drop just a few months after starting delivery shows either Tesla has learned nothing or doesn’t care about its customers. If I was considering a Cybertruck and had an order, I’d cancel it. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have waited on buying my Y until it had been out for at least 6 months.

not me...ive got a cybertruck on order, but I will delay delivery until im satisfied they have resolved most of the early build issues.