Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MYLR, worth adjusting doors for this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Documented this on delivery, the other side of the car is totally flush and looks correct, on the drivers side both the driver door in the middle of the rocker panel to the back passenger door seems toed in at the rocker panel.

I have a service ticket open, but curious if I should just live with this or try to have it fixed? Curious if anyone has first hand experience with this. Can the doors be just tipped outwards at the bottom? It's about 3/8th of an inch protruding at the bottom for size reference.

First post, please go easy. :S

20230908_104235.jpg

Documented this on delivery, the other side of the car is totally flush and looks correct, on the drivers side both the driver door in the middle of the rocker panel to the back passenger door seems toed in at the rocker panel.

I have a service ticket open, but curious if I should just live with this or try to have it fixed? Curious if anyone has first hand experience with this. Can the doors be just tipped outwards at the bottom? It's about 3/8th of an inch protruding at the bottom for size reference.

First post, please go easy. :S

View attachment 973713

You have to live with it daily so it’s up to you.

Since you asked, and someone might say just let it go, you might not be happy for a long time until you can get rid of the car.

You have to live with it daily so it’s up to you.

Since you asked, and someone might say just let it go, you might not be happy for a long time until you can get rid of the car.
I mean, I'd love to have it look correct, but am I opening a can of worms by moving the doors, will the service center make things worse by trying to correct it? Might the windows leak if we pull them away from the chassis, etc

I mean, I'd love to have it look correct, but am I opening a can of worms by moving the doors, will the service center make things worse by trying to correct it? Might the windows leak if we pull them away from the chassis, etc
It sounds like you answered yourself.

Should I be a chef? But what if I hate heat, flames, oil, smoke, smell, cooking...?

Reactions: pinolero
Better is often the enemy of good.

You will incur some risk when you ask for panels to be readjusted. Things can happen in the shop that you might not be pleased with.

Your question itself, indicates you already know that there is some risk in obtaining perfection.

Mine has a similar gap. They replaced the rocker panel with a new one, but still a gap. Slightly better than before though. Mobile service came to replace it and thought the door would have to be pushed out. He said that could make it worse as far as wind noise, etc. Did you decide to do anything?

I did, they adjusted doors, but now my rear driver window thunks when it closes, like it's being forced into where it needs to be, I'm on my third appointment to have it addressed. :( Gaps\panel alignment now look good, but worry about long term effects on the window\hardware\seals. Less worried about wind noise for anyone who is hesitant to do it from that, plenty of ways to fix that by adding padding, etc.