Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Order Status: "We have begun sourcing parts for your order"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
omg . . . I did it. I ordered. I have been watching for months, years really. I would have ordered in 2010 if the S had been available then. I would have even more eagerly ordered an X if that had been available in 2010. Bought another car instead that year.

Just sold it through Carmax. And the same day, I finally placed an order.

Tesla Model S
85 kWh
Blue Metallic
Tan Leather
Obeche Gloss
Tech Package
Sound Studio Package
Pano Roof
19" Wheels

Didn't bother with Twin Chargers, Air Suspension, or HPWC.

I'm so excited!

Next step is to finalize, but I may (gasp) CANCEL the order first and then re-order because I am thinking of waiting one more week to see how Tesla does on August 7th with its Q2 earnings report. (This car is partially being purchased with profits from TSLA stock, of course. so the higher it soars, the less shares I have to sell!)

My status says the same thing but I just found out my car is ready and at the Service Center already! I thought I had another week. Between me and the Model S is me finalizing financing. I'm waiting on an approval from Alliant.

My delivery manager said that there is an issue with the site and they're working on upgrading the My Tesla section.

My status says the same thing but I just found out my car is ready and at the Service Center already! I thought I had another week. Between me and the Model S is me finalizing financing. I'm waiting on an approval from Alliant.

My delivery manager said that there is an issue with the site and they're working on upgrading the My Tesla section.

Wow that's great news Zo! Congrats! Be sure to post pics when you pick up. What specs did you order? We gotta get you to update your signature.

This morning I got the message on "My Tesla" that my order was on hold and was asked to enter my driver's license.
Now my new order status is: "We have begun sourcing parts for your order"
View attachment 25505
I haven't seen this status from other reservation holders that have finalized. Anyone?

Soulopoulos - How did you manage to get parking sensors??

- - - Updated - - -

Oh nevermind. I just noticed you are in Belgium. Is there a way to delete a post?

Thanks! Mine is pretty simple, 40 (software limited 60), pano, tech, Black, textile. I'm super excited but financing has been frustrating. I wish Tesla offerred more options.

To be honest, financing was a little frustrating for me too. I'm 28 and have purchased $100k cars in the past and was willing to put whatever need be down, but it took forever for the banks to get back to me. Two of them even wanted me to fill out a form 4506-t from the IRS so that they could look at my previous taxes. Wells stepped up, I got the guarantee that I wanted and I went with a shorter term with more down, it's what I wanted.

A couple of days ago, two banks finally got back to me with more favorable terms like 1.74% for 72m and $100k, but now I'm more comfortable with Wells. I can give you the name of my contact if you need help.

omg . . . I did it. I ordered. I have been watching for months, years really. I would have ordered in 2010 if the S had been available then. I would have even more eagerly ordered an X if that had been available in 2010. Bought another car instead that year.

Just sold it through Carmax. And the same day, I finally placed an order.

Tesla Model S
85 kWh
Blue Metallic
Tan Leather
Obeche Gloss
Tech Package
Sound Studio Package
Pano Roof
19" Wheels

Didn't bother with Twin Chargers, Air Suspension, or HPWC.

I'm so excited!

Next step is to finalize, but I may (gasp) CANCEL the order first and then re-order because I am thinking of waiting one more week to see how Tesla does on August 7th with its Q2 earnings report. (This car is partially being purchased with profits from TSLA stock, of course. so the higher it soars, the less shares I have to sell!)

Were you happy with the price you got for your car at CARMAX?

I have to sell my car also before get delivery of the MS in December.