Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New planned superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the Hunter too. We have not heard of any progress at all on those three.

I can understand their prioritising the Sydney - Canberra - Melbourne link, The Hunter SC would be the first on the long road to us in Brisbane.

My guess is it's going to be more for long haul travel rather than servicing that region so would be a lower priority until more southern chargers are in place.

I heard that in the future there'll be one on the south coast of NSW, one near the NSW ski fields and one at another location near Sydney. I'm guessing north of Sydney.
I think Canberra's a bit of a way off yet (not 2015). Sorry Canberra, but you would have superchargers to the north (Goulburn is open), east and south when you travel.
By the way, the ACT is awesome because you buy electricity from renewable sources!
Let's see what happens in the next few months as the Syd-Mel route opens.

I don't think 'prioritising' one area over another is an option. Tesla committed to Hunter, South Coast and Canberra by the end of this year. I don't think it's really an option to just decide to do it later or not at all.

- - - Updated - - -

The Hunter is quite well serviced by destination chargers right now. My guess is they will charge the Pacific highway to service the route to Queensland.

A destination charger is not a substitute for a supercharger if you are transiting through.

I don't think 'prioritising' one area over another is an option. Tesla committed to Hunter, South Coast and Canberra by the end of this year. I don't think it's really an option to just decide to do it later or not at all.

- - - Updated - - -

A destination charger is not a substitute for a supercharger if you are transiting through.

Depends what you call the Hunter - if you mean near Newcastle then that's already on the map for 2016. If you mean Pokolbin then I wouldn't hold my breath. The Newcastle SC and destination chargers are good for wine country as well as the Syd-Brisbane route.

Depends what you call the Hunter - if you mean near Newcastle then that's already on the map for 2016. If you mean Pokolbin then I wouldn't hold my breath. The Newcastle SC and destination chargers are good for wine country as well as the Syd-Brisbane route.

Near Newcastle is on the map for a Supercharger for 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

Well 'committed' is probably not really accurate in terms of any of the superchargers. Their rollout map has always had disclaimers on it from day one saying both the location and timing of superchargers was subject to change and only indicative of their intentions.

Not really, under the Australian Consumer Law their obligation to keep to their marketing commitments is not able to be fully mitigated by such a disclaimer. But, I'm sure they will hit their targets - plenty of time yet.

Last edited: