Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Rainbow Road Easter Egg on the Instrument Cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, just tried it and it works! But when you pull the stalk 5 times quickly, you gotta do it real fast. At first it didn't work for me because I wasn't fast enough.

It is actually 4 times. Was announced by Elon in a tweet.

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 9.09.28 PM.png

I have not read the release note yet but what are the updates/fixes other than the rainbow road cowbell?

Nothing known (release notes are the same as previous versions), but speculation is that it fixes a scrollwheel issue some were experiencing, and improves reliability and performance of summon with Homelink.

Again, all speculation by some who have perceived improvements in those areas.

Nothing known (release notes are the same as previous versions), but speculation is that it fixes a scrollwheel issue some were experiencing, and improves reliability and performance of summon with Homelink.

Actually the scroll wheel issue was something that people were saying they thought was fixed in a version one or two releases before this one. It's just that this is a more widespread release.

I'm convinced "cowbell" is code for "autopilot." More cowbell means more autonomous. With this in mind, would somebody on Twitter please tweet Elon and ask if the Model 3 will be completely cowbell?

Has Elon actually explicitly mentioned how to unlock an Easter egg before? If not, maybe it was taking too long for somebody to find this one ...

Has Elon actually explicitly mentioned how to unlock an Easter egg before? If not, maybe it was taking too long for somebody to find this one ...

I can't imagine that he felt this one took too long for someone to find, since a video of it was on Youtube either the day of the release, or a day after.

Not to mention the fact that the video of the Easter Egg was posted quite a while before Musk tweeted about it.