Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Rear Emblem.... love it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Abstract Ocean has removal and install videos on their website.
Tesla Performance Emblem
It’s not too hard, just got to be patient.

45B01805-55EE-4AC3-B142-8217418BE76E.jpeg

Left side appears slightly lower than the right side.

Just messin with ya.... Looks great !!!!

ARRGH! You scared me for a sec...

I actually *did* mess up when applying the lettering... I forgot that the back of the tesla is curved, and forgot to factor this in, and made the letters too straight... so the left and right are slightly lower than the middle.
I was going to fix this but my wife and son didn't notice this at all until I pointed it out and said it wasn't worth fixing because it's barely noticable.

This makes me want to find an "E" comprised of the three horizontal bars, that's the ~same size as the existing OEM T applique, and replace the OEM T with the E...to some degree to give the finger to Ford for not allowing this car to be Model E, and also to further drive subtlety with my Model 3 (I like the chrome T against the silver paint...recognizing I'm very much in the minority on that POV).
Nobody would be silly enough to do something like that! Almost nothing is safe now that I have a vinyl cutter (image in avatar included!)

181012.081.JPG

I got an email from Tesla yesterday wanting me to come in and have them badge the car... Not sure if they are going to want to badge all the cars now? Has anyone else gotten an email like this?

"
Great news! We have your Dual Motor badge for your Model 3.

Confirm a time to visit us on December 1 or December 2, 2018 at 3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304 and we will complete this complimentary installation in about 15 minutes.

Please let us know if you plan on coming in so we can be ready for you.

We appreciate your patience while we got these badges ready and we hope that you have been enjoying your new Tesla.

For any questions, please view our New Owners FAQ or visit our Model 3 Support Page.

Best Regards,
Tesla Service Team
"
The links take me to the generic pages - nothing about the badge...

Reactions: Msjulie