Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@interbear99 Bouncing ideas, Hi, as you know I'm on the same freaking boat with the right hand side issue, I'm not an expert in electronics, but I have done some installations in the tesla before involving 12v (16v). I have a relay that I guess I could tap to the pin 2 ( Tail ) of the connector x272 and instead have the tail light draw the power from the charging tray, worst case scenario if this works I would need another relay for the signal light if the e-fuse keeps tripping. What do you think about this approach? Do you have any solution on mind? Any word from Alpharex? Any help is appreciated, freaking sucks to have a non drivable car since lights doesn't work

Ok, I found a crappy (still better than none) way to drive the car under this conditions. I checked the schematics and
both passenger tail lights are connected to the same pin against the body controller, and per @interbear99 observation it must be drawing too much power from both what trips the e-fuse.
Until we have a permanent solution, I will be keeping the trunk trim off so I can have access to the inner right hand side taillight which I will disconnect after each drive. Then before driving, I will power on the car, and manually turn on the headlights/taillights then I will connect the right hand side inner taillight. This SEEMS to be working and I'm hopping this can avoid tripping the e-fuse, I have only tested this once.
Hope this helps someone.

Ok, I found a crappy (still better than none) way to drive the car under this conditions. I checked the schematics and
both passenger tail lights are connected to the same pin against the body controller, and per @interbear99 observation it must be drawing too much power from both what trips the e-fuse.
Until we have a permanent solution, I will be keeping the trunk trim off so I can have access to the inner right hand side taillight which I will disconnect after each drive. Then before driving, I will power on the car, and manually turn on the headlights/taillights then I will connect the right hand side inner taillight. This SEEMS to be working and I'm hopping this can avoid tripping the e-fuse, I have only tested this once.
Hope this helps someone.
yikes that’s a process. i commend you on the trial and error to figure that out. mad props to you brotha.

Reactions: taekua and misc3r
Tbh if coding oem was possible i would never do aftermarket..refresh owners should really consider that route. Only i could imagine finding someone able to code them could be hard
As far as I'm aware, to use the new OEM taillights you need the replace charging port and quarter panels, or cut/drill new holes into existing panels and cut pieces if you don't want to change the charging port, plus you need the coding, plus the additional cost.

Or..... you piece meal it together from ebay and just get the harness from EVoffer and have em code it.. save costs there.
you’d still need to modify the ebay pieces to fit the charge port and the mounting points. it involves melting and separating your oem tails and using those parts on the new lights. or you could drill new holes in the body of your car. that’s why evoffer ones cost so much, they did all the work already

@spoonf20c and @interbear99
Do you guys have an active chat thread with their support teams? or are they responding to us one by one?
I’m in communication with them separately.

They already have the resistors in place and are testing them. No, the lights have not dimmed and work properly, all functions are working as expected. If all goes well today/tomorrow with their continued testing, they will send me a resistor kit as well to test.

Gotta say....pretty pi$$ poor product launching at that price point. I was following @taekua and on the verge of ordering for my 21 MSLR (Palladium) and reading all of these horror stories. We should not be Beta testing these suppliers products. I can see it if you are doing a project like the RGB light install that a few of us did (then expected) but this is a joke ! I will wait until the dust more than settles....

Reactions: Bull
Here’s some photos. I ordered mine before they offered the third set. So I just got smoked and I must say they look good! Disappointed too as I can’t install because I too have an early 21 plaid. Spend this kind of money and after waiting forever disappointed like everyone else.
IMG_1510.jpeg
IMG_1509.jpeg
IMG_1512.jpeg
IMG_1514.jpeg
IMG_1515.jpeg