Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New removable front plate holder (Snapplate). Anybody try it yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think most users will leave this item in their frunk anyways and only use it when necessary. Some will leave it on full time but I suspect many won't.

Mine is staying on full time. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t if you have it. You’ll likely get a ticket if cops stop you, whether it’s in the trunk or at home. Cops have been cracking down on no front plates here in Seattle (especially on the East side), so I figure I don’t want to risk it anymore.

Plus I think it looks really great anyway!

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
Mine is staying on full time. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t if you have it. You’ll likely get a ticket if cops stop you, whether it’s in the trunk or at home. Cops have been cracking down on no front plates here in Seattle (especially on the East side), so I figure I don’t want to risk it anymore.

Plus I think it looks really great anyway!
For sure. If the cops enforce it in your area then obviously leave it on. In California it's only a handful of cities that care. Mine doesn't, but when I travel through or to the others I throw it on.

That’s a tweet from May. I definitely know that no front license plate is breaking WA law, but I was interested in up to date information on whether the local police actually want to ticket it. I’ve been keeping the front plate off for a few months without issue, so I was genuinely interested whether you knew that the police were right now changing their enforcement policy.

That’s a tweet from May. I definitely know that no front license plate is breaking WA law, but I was interested in up to date information on whether the local police actually want to ticket it. I’ve been keeping the front plate off for a few months without issue, so I was genuinely interested whether you knew that the police were right now changing their enforcement policy.

There’s nothing that has ever changed, but I think they are cracking down more on it. That’s not the first post I’ve read about it either. I guess the other benefit is that there’s a little bit less surface on my bumper to get pelted by rocks!

Side pic of the Snapplate. No it's not leaning forward in the first pic, - the car is just on a slope. :D And it doesn't interfere with my parking in my tight-fit garage. Whew!

jkDaLTroQ7yAheCRKmMvvg.jpg

59080191597__46002838-F5C2-4CFD-9CEE-83852003FAA9.JPG