Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Showroom coming to Sutherland Shire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's millions of dollars buried under a big T!

1621394429502.png

Please have chargers!
Please have chargers!
Please have chargers!

The shire has no DC charging. Its only public AC charging is at Miranda Fair - two three-phase destination chargers in the $20 valet area, and 4 (really 3, one is dodgy) single-phase J1772 ChargePoint units on the other side of the same basement level. And Miranda Fair is locked late at night outside Woolworths trading hours.

One time I found Miranda Fair was locked & I was desperate enough that I got the corner of my car between two council vehicles at a car park behind the council chambers, and plugged in there. That charger is notionally for council vehicles, but whatever, they weren't plugged in. I just needed to get to the real chargers in Wollongong. I managed to activate their charger with paywave on my credit card. That was kinda random, but meh. I hope not to make that mistake again!

Reactions: Hairyman
There are 4 destination chargers in the car park, spread out across quite a few spaces. More inside, obviously.

They're lit up, but I didn't plug in to see if they were three-phase. I was in a hurry. But I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Hopefully they leave the boom gate (or whatever you call that sliding thing) open nights & weekends, when they don't need to prepare cars for pickups.

I just stopped by. Of the 4 destination chargers, three of them are 3-phase 10 amps (7kW). The odd one out is the 3rd one (counting from the street/boom gate towards the entry doors) - which is 3-phase 8 amps (6kW).

Not inspiring, but these are likely not intended for public use, so I’m sure they know what they’re doing.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
I just stopped by. Of the 4 destination chargers, three of them are 3-phase 10 amps (7kW). The odd one out is the 3rd one (counting from the street/boom gate towards the entry doors) - which is 3-phase 8 amps (6kW).

Not inspiring, but these are likely not intended for public use, so I’m sure they know what they’re doing.
Funny that they apparently haven't used the power sharing capabilities of the chargers.

Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
For anyone who may be interested, this location is listed on the Tesla official website but only as a "Stores and Galleries" and "Service" location.

There are chargers out front but they may be for preparing deliveries and test drives of vehicles rather than for use by the public - someone would need to confirm this.

I received the following in an email:

We are excited to announce the opening of our newest Service Centre in Miranda.​
Use your Tesla app to schedule, manage and track your next service appointment at our newest location. Please be mindful that we are practicing social distancing in addition to the other recommended precautionary measures to limit exposure during your visit.​

Reactions: Pixor
Hi guys, newbie here. With those destinations chargers, can you just pull up anytime during the evening (while they’re closed) and use those chargers? I can only charge at work as I live in an apartment building so hoping to use those in the evening every now and then

Hi guys, newbie here. With those destinations chargers, can you just pull up anytime during the evening (while they’re closed) and use those chargers? I can only charge at work as I live in an apartment building so hoping to use those in the evening every now and then
Per Plugshare entry there is a boomgate that's closed out of hours.

You've got AC chargers currently at Woolworths Kirrawee (BYO Type 2 cable), and Superchargers soon to open at South Village Kirrawee

Last edited: